Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 (387.10.10.10.30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turning off chrome's hardware acceleration makes a huge difference. I'm debating whether to stay on this new version or go back to patched 106 via nvidia-update.
Thanks for this post. I was unaware of the nvidia-update script (I'm still pretty much a noob with Hackintoshes).

Anyway, I was getting the "black screen with infinite spinner" after updating to 10.13.4 plus updating to (what I thought were) the best nVidia web drivers. The nvidia-update script fixed everything in just a few minutes. Now I'm running with full acceleration again under 10.13.4. Thanks again!

Hi!

Not sure if I have encountered a new bug or not. Probably this is related to this global problem with the new Nvidia drivers.
My system config is in my profile.
I'm using latest NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext and Lilu.kext. Running 10.13.3

On 378.10.10.10.26.106 - no problems at all.
On latest available drivers 387.10.10.10.25.156 system works and I can even run some games (with a noticeable lag).
But I see strange graphics issues on my system Dock panel (see screenshot), in the finder window, and in the after-right-click menus.

It looks like opacity is not working properly because Dock has a white background instead of opaque. Same problem with menus and header in the finder window.
Am I doing something wrong and it can be fixed or everyone has the same issues?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-15 at 11.23.47.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-15 at 11.23.47.png
    863.3 KB · Views: 213
I see strange graphics issues on my system Dock panel (see screenshot), in the finder window, and in the after-right-click menus.
For some reason the drivers aren't installed properly or loading. Paste this into a terminal
Code:
bash <(curl -s https://vulgo.github.io/webdriver) 387.10.10.10.30.103
If they still don't load it is likely your NVRAM isn't working.

Thanks for this post. I was unaware of the nvidia-update script (I'm still pretty much a noob with Hackintoshes).

Anyway, I was getting the "black screen with infinite spinner" after updating to 10.13.4 plus updating to (what I thought were) the best nVidia web drivers. The nvidia-update script fixed everything in just a few minutes. Now I'm running with full acceleration again under 10.13.4. Thanks again!
It hasn't fixed the problem just installed old drivers.

For some reason the drivers aren't installed properly or loading. Paste this into a terminal
Code:
bash <(curl -s https://vulgo.github.io/webdriver) 387.10.10.10.30.103
If they still don't load it is likely your NVRAM isn't working.
Thank you. I used this script and also updated to 10.13.4.

Everything working fine now.

Hi Guys,

I update my Sierra 10.12.6 directly to 10.13.4 and I can't run my GPU in the correct way. I try many thinks but none of them do not change anything. The problem that I have is some random glitches, you can see it on attached screens.
I tryed the newest and the older GPU drivers (387.10.10.10.30.103 and 378.10.10.10.25.104). Even when I uninstall it nothing was change, still I have the same problem.
I add also NvidiaGraphicsFixup 1.2.6, Lilu 1.2.3 and disable 'Reduce transparency' - still without any change.

I make an update to 10.13.4 on HDD with SSD copy, I use EFI from pendrive. GPU temperature is normal.

Thanks for any idea how to try fix this issue.

CPU: i5 3570
MB: P8H77-M PRO
GPU: GeForce 660
Two monitors (with only one is the same problem).

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    62.4 KB · Views: 138
  • 2.png
    2.png
    323.8 KB · Views: 141
  • 3.png
    3.png
    436 KB · Views: 133
Hi Guys,

I update my Sierra 10.12.6 directly to 10.13.4 and I can't run my GPU in the correct way. I try many thinks but none of them do not change anything. The problem that I have is some random glitches, you can see it on attached screens.
I tryed the newest and the older GPU drivers (387.10.10.10.30.103 and 378.10.10.10.25.104). Even when I uninstall it nothing was change, still I have the same problem.
I add also NvidiaGraphicsFixup 1.2.6, Lilu 1.2.3 and disable 'Reduce transparency' - still without any change.

I make an update to 10.13.4 on HDD with SSD copy, I use EFI from pendrive. GPU temperature is normal.

Thanks for any idea how to try fix this issue.

CPU: i5 3570
MB: P8H77-M PRO
GPU: GeForce 660
Two monitors (with only one is the same problem).
Try using BD's method to install .106 drivers, those are the best I've used so far.
https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update

On my system the most recent drivers and the fixup are performing extremely well and buttery smooth.
Haven't had that smoothness since I got my 1080 Ti.

But I still got some issues...
There is some color corruption here and there which I don't really care about.
When I turn off both of my displays (2160p) and turn them back on after some time I sometimes only get a black screen and have to reset my machine. I don't have sleep enabled on my system.
Also the WindowServer seems to crash sometimes throwing me back to the login screen.

I really do hope that those bugs will be fixed with the next driver release but until then I can live with the problems...

On my system the most recent drivers and the fixup are performing extremely well and buttery smooth.
Haven't had that smoothness since I got my 1080 Ti.

But I still got some issues...
There is some color corruption here and there which I don't really care about.
When I turn off both of my displays (2160p) and turn them back on after some time I sometimes only get a black screen and have to reset my machine. I don't have sleep enabled on my system.
Also the WindowServer seems to crash sometimes throwing me back to the login screen.

I really do hope that those bugs will be fixed with the next driver release but until then I can live with the problems...

I'm being really picky here, but I still find there's a small amount of micro-stuttering with my 1080Ti with the latest drivers and latest kext fixes applied. It's just not as smooth as my RX460-based MBP 15". Oh well.

I'm being really picky here, but I still find there's a small amount of micro-stuttering with my 1080Ti with the latest drivers and latest kext fixes applied. It's just not as smooth as my RX460-based MBP 15". Oh well.
I really don't notice any stuttering at all.
It runs way smoother than it did on 10.12.
I don't think I notice any difference between my hackintosh and my rMBP with Iris Pro. If anything the MacBook is laggier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back