Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 (387.10.10.10.30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unsurprising - Try nv_disable=1 instead.

Im such a tool! thanks.

all working now and soooo much better. no glitching in the GL water etc. thing and everything just looks crisper on my 4k display (or maybe thats my imagination).

slightly related question - do you really need CUDA for Photoshop or InDesign?

No, I don't think so. Davinci Resolve 14 won't start up without CUDA. Davinci Resolve 15 (now in Beta) uses Metal.

As I said, There is no change in the crashing rate with or without CUDA installed. The Adobe programs crashes only when there is a file opened, and it happens (until now) when I switch to the finder, or another app.

Has anyone got their display port outputs working?

I have to wait until after boot to plug mine in.. any solutions to this yet?

SMDH at Apple and Nvidia. :rolleyes:
I just noticed, that GeForce works better, but now my MacBook wont switch to integrated graphics anymore. It displays GPU dedendency "displaypolicyd 94".
Its possible to make graphics switchable with these kexts?

I just noticed, that GeForce works better, but now my MacBook wont switch to integrated graphics anymore. It displays GPU dedendency "displaypolicyd 94".
Its possible to make graphics switchable with these kexts?

It's unlikely because switchable graphics are really supported on non-Apple hardware which is the target audience for these types of kexts.

I'm another happy camper with the latest NvidiagraphicsFixup and lilu working great. I'm able to play iTunes movies as well. Been a long time since I've been able to do that!

i can confirm that with the latest driver, NvidiaGraphicsFixUp and lilu, the UI lag is completely gone. But i also have seen the random glitches/corruptions mentioned by many ppl here. I have CUDA installed, but the glitch could happen any time no matter what apps are being used. sometimes it could happen even when using slack.

Hey all,
Glad to hear there are fixes for the lag issues, I had reverted to 10.13.2 with 106 nvidia drivers since updating and getting the lag issues.
I had also logged an issue with nVidia on the lag and after a bunch of back and forth with their support person, eventually it got escalated to the engineering team and I got this response:
"Thanks for the details. I've discussed this with our development team and we are aware of this performance issue and currently investigating. We've been able to confirm the issue in our lab as well as reports of color corruption. Our development team is actively investigating both issues and we hope to provide a fix in a future driver update. Thanks again for bring these issues to our attention."
They also did mention that they have seen the reports in these forums. So maybe they do care about the hackintosh community after all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back