Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 (387.10.10.10.30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interested to know how you got audio working over DP as I'd like to make that work. Any tips / guides? I currently use a firewire audio card for audio but might be useful to get DP audio working.

After the latest macOS update, I had to use AppleALC to get audio going:

https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/releases

Just drop the release .kext into your EFI/Cover/kexts/Other directory and you *should* be good to go after a reboot. I use an Nvidia card by the way, your mileage may vary with motherboard or AMD audio.

Can you confirm that if you have Adobe apps open for example that use OpenCL (like Premiere or Photoshop) with big projects open, the lags are gone?

It seems that when you do basic things like browsing in Safari it will work ok but once your GPU RAM starts to fill up there is some type of memory leak in the drivers related to WindowServer and nVidia.
I can confirm that still unusable. I was hoping that this NvidiaGraphicsFixUp would solve the issue, but it not seems to be related to the fix itself. Seems related to the driver,

Even in Mac forums there's still a huge problems with, mainly, illustrator and photoshop, but, for me, it seems that everyone is getting the same errors at random times. What you described as white triangles and such is exactly what I'm going through, but with illustrator. After Effects and Photoshop seems fine.

Seems that in some point of use, the video simply breaks and, as it seems pretty random, I don't know how to test it.

If someone knows a way to test whats happening, please, tell me and I'll run the tests to figure out whats happening with the video usage when using apps that require more GPU. Yes, I know that its probably not related to the NvidiaGraphicsFixUp, but with the drivers itself, however, any clue, at least for me, will give me some insight to create even a quick fix to become usable again

Thank you, guys
:)

I don't think it's necessary for you to start over. I know that at some time during Sierra or the transition to High Sierra I decided to reformat one SSD and try to make a clean test install to see if I could get everything right. At no time did I want that to become my working partition because I did not want to have to reinstall all my software and settings, and the end result of Apple's migration app is questionable, as I found in moving to El Capitan. In fact, I upgraded my Yosemite disk to Sierra.

I spent countless thousands over many years on Apple computing, pre-iPhone, pre-iPad, and I felt since the introduction of the iPhone that Apple was pulling away from the Pro market to the extent that it became near abandonment. They now seem to be making up ground, both with Pros and Education. But if they think that souped-up iPads can take the place of real computing, then they're delusional.

pastrychef wrote a detailed review of your files #321 and I believe you should follow his lead for he has helped many people. Try his suggestions, particularly regarding adjustments to your Clover plist. If you are not familiar with the use of Clover Configurator, then get used to it through practice. If you are hesitant to move forward because you may lose your working system, remember that a quality clone of your main drive using SuperDuper! will be bootable internally or externally. Trust me, that app makes a perfect clone of your drive and it's as bootable as your original.

At some point I realized that if I was going to continue on the path of hackintosh, which I think furthers the cause of Apple and takes the macOS to the edge of its powers, I had to learn a whole lot more about what I was doing. That's why I read threads like this one and follow the developments. If I reply to a post, I think I might be able to help, but I hope to be corrected by pastrychef or many others if needed.

I learned a lot by a practice clean install. You can try that, but not an install you hang your hat on. If you do result with a beautiful clean install that fits your build, then take that resulting EFI folder and transfer it to the clone of your working partition, removing your old EFI folder, and see what happens. By starting with basics, I cut a lot of the accumulated junk in my install. When I get off my MBP and get over to my work computer, I'll post Geekbench scores and comparisons that show what a non-Pro card like the 1080 Ti can do. I doubt you need a different graphics card for now. Post-R9 280X was not a good period for AMD, especially for hackintoshes, and now the pendulum is swinging some the other way. Pascal is strong.

Much appreciated IronWood. I truly do appreciate the feedback and guidance that you and everyone has provided. It's been more than helpful. I just have to stop being afraid of things and just pull the trigger. I'm reviewing the links that PastryChef sent and am positive ad hopeful that I'll be able to get things working as they should (And have a kick butt system)

I'll look at making a clone and getting this system working. [Failure is not an option].
Thanks again and have a great day.
=)

So I made a fresh install from the ground. Just deleted everything in my SSD and started over ( Unibeast 8.3 works better than ever !!! )

I'm attaching my config.plist here so I don't have to explain too much

Seems that the problem was on a config into my config.plist. But I don't know for sure, since I did a fresh install

Tested illustrator for over an hour, no choppy or laggy video with NvidiaGraphicsFixup + Lilu and I'm attaching a picture of a heavy "dirty" work of 1000 elements in illustrator, of course, it became a little slower, but this I can't blame on the software

Kexts installed:

NvidiaGraphicsFixUp.kext
Lilu.kext
IntelGraphicsFixUp.kext
Shiki.kext ( also set -shiki=12 into boot options )
CodecCommander.kext

Clover Bootloader important things

SMBios iMac18,2 ( i5 7500 config )
Inject ATI
selected ig-platform-id

Of course I will test it more heavily, but for now I leave this for anyone who could use the help

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.3 KB · Views: 223
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 21.04.23.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 21.04.23.png
    488.3 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
*DeepBreath*

Wish me luck. About to make the necessary changes as advised by PastryChef
An if necessary, will implement changes suggested by Ironwood.

Also, the HDMI-DVI cable that I found and started using makes a big difference (using LG 32" 1080p as monitor)

I'll keep you posted.

Stop all the compiling! :) The new kexts have been released.
https://github.com/lvs1974/NvidiaGraphicsFixup/releases
https://github.com/vit9696/Lilu/releases

EDIT: That's weird, looks like NvidiaGraphicsFixup v1.2.5 was only up briefly before being taken down? ...or I need to get my eyes checked.
May I use this kext on Apple HW? I have MacBook Pro 15" 2014 with GeForce 750M and I have problems since High Sierra with poor GeForce performance. I tried load this kext from /System/Library/Extensions, but:

/System/Library/Extensions/NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) dependency load failed; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

EDIT:
Sorry, I just downloaded Lilu kext as well and now it working!

EDIT 2:
OMFG!!!
I loaded Lilu.kext, NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext, restart system and now GeForce is finaly fast as it was on macOS 10.12.6!! This is unbelievable! Thank you so much. I spent ten of hours with Apple support to get this fixed without luck!

Last edited:
May I use this kext on Apple HW? I have MacBook Pro 15" 2014 with GeForce 750M and I have problems since High Sierra with poor GeForce performance. I tried load this kext from /System/Library/Extensions, but:

/System/Library/Extensions/NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) dependency load failed; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

EDIT:
Sorry, I just downloaded Lilu kext as well and now it working!

EDIT 2:
OMFG!!!
I loaded Lilu.kext, NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext, restart system and now GeForce is finaly fast as it was on macOS 10.12.6!! This is unbelievable! Thank you so much. I spent ten of hours with Apple support to get this fixed without luck!
SMDH at Apple and Nvidia. :rolleyes:

With all the latest drivers, my system (GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4095 MB) was never so smooth. All the lags and hiccups are gone. Davinci Resolve is no problem, with CUDA.
But, start Adobe Indesign with GPU acceleration and the whole system becomes unusable. There are black, gray and white triangles all over the place, even in the finder. Tried to uninstall CUDA, but that doesn't change anything.

Update: the triangles are gone, but all the Adobe applications crashes 50% of the time.
slightly related question - do you really need CUDA for Photoshop or InDesign?

Ok so I updated to 10.13.4 and now I’m back to gIOScreenLockState

I have latest nvidiagraphicfixup and lilu.

Nvdisable=1 isn’t working.

Uncheckung nvdastartupweb doesn’t disable any more

It shows a NVDAStartupWeb: Official (forced)

Usually when it happened I could just do nvdisbale and get back in but now I’m stuck.

Any ideas??

This is GTX1080 on x299.

Was all working before update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back