Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 (387.10.10.10.30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would appreciate if anyone can clarify this. I'm confused about the different versions of lilu, the release and debug version, and which version should be used for your system, and which version should be used when compiling lilu plugins, and which compiled plugin version (release or debug) you should use in your system. The dev in me says you should use release version for everything: lilu release in your system, lilu release when compiling other plugins, release version of other plugins; and that debug can only run slower and produce more debug output. But the docs suggest you should use the debug version in various places. Thanks for any clarity.

Here is the commit that includes the workaround:

https://github.com/lvs1974/NvidiaGraphicsFixup/commit/2548a94bce9fe38e855ca17f19bea05978938cd7

You can read through the comments bellow. The one you've asked for in particular is this:
  1. Download Lilu source code and compile https://github.com/vit9696/Lilu (by default it will be compiled as Debug, which is what you need).
  2. Download NvidiaGraphicsFixup source code.
  3. Place the compiled Debug Lilu.kext at the root of your NvidiaGraphicsFixup source folder.
  4. Build NvidiaGraphicsFixup.
  5. Profit.

Please do not spread wrong information. Everyone here is talking about the newest version of the kexts (Lilu 1.2.3 and NvidiaGraphicsFixup 1.2.5). Downloading and installing kexts from the releases won't include the workaround patch for the lags. The kext must be compiled since there is no official release on the repositories yet or downloaded if someone shares a compiled version of it.

It's very easy to compile both kexts on your own:
- Install Xcode 9.3
- Download the whole Lilu repository as a zip
- Unzip it
- Start the Xcode project (if there is an `.xcworkspace` then open this one instead of `.xcproj`)
- Compile the project by clicking on the play button (the kext target should be selected if not already)
- (I don't remember this) If it will ask you for a code sign identity you have to provide your personal dev. account (Apple ID)
- Open the `Products` group in the project navigator and find the kext there
- Right click on the kext and then click on `Show in finder`
- Profit from the kext

You can compile the NvidiaGraphicsFixup kext the same away except that it depends on the Lilu.kext, which you have to copy into the project folder of NvidiaGraphicsFixup before compiling.

To be fair those steps are fairly trivial and shouldn't require any complex pre-setup and work out of the box. You can then copy your compiled kexts into clover.

You can relax. No one is spreading false information. I’m sure the compiled version will be posted on Github soon.

Compiling is easy, I’m away from my computer but someone should compile it and attach it here.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 12.49.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 12.49.46 AM.png
    63.3 KB · Views: 167
Yep i managed to download
It's back up. This time I downloaded it (attached) and took a screenshot to prove I'm not crazy... yet.
v125.png

Attachments

• 1.2.5.RELEASE.zip
    84 KB · Views: 69
Could someone (with a kind heart) explain what we have to do with those Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup after we used the Benjamin Dowell script?. Cannot find a howto!.

I have to use the ngfxsubmit=0 boot-argument to bypass "the black screen" when using NvidiaGraphicsFixup v1.2.5 with patched *25.106
Added a workaround to interface lags in 10.13 (add ngfxsubmit=0 boot-argument to disable)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back