Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 (387.10.10.10.30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, but sometime (I also don't know how and why) kexts which should not be in this folder, exists there.
I read in an other forum, that someone had nvidiagraphicsfixup 1.2.4 in SLE /LE which caused still lags in .103. After he deleted this kext in SLE / LE, the new release 1.2.5 was working.

Install the drivers with SIP enabled (use the NVIDIA installer), or boot with SIP enabled and do 'touch /Library/Extensions' + reboot.

On 10.13.x extensions are loaded differently when SIP is enabled and macOS does not stage third-party GPU bundles except during driver installation when SIP is enabled (or rebuilding caches with SIP enabled + rebooting with SIP still enabled). webdriver.sh has workarounds based on previous configuration (i.e. will update bundles if they already exist, or always updates them when STAGE_BUNDLES=1 is set in settings.conf).
  • nvidia-update breaks driver use with SIP enabled if you use it when SIP is disabled.
  • NVIDIA's installer breaks driver use with SIP enabled or can break booting altogether if you use it when SIP is enabled/disabled.
Maybe running 'kextcache -clear-staging', deleting the contents of '/Library/GPUBundles' and always using the same SIP setting (disabled) is easier.

macOS ignores staged bundles when SIP is disabled but the NVIDIA driver seems hardcoded to use the staged path if the files exist for some unknown purpose.

Apple sources: kext_tools-502.30.2.tar.gz

Thanks Vulgo, however as I mentioned, I can´t boot into MacOs with SIP enabled, as the Web driver is not running right with SIP enabled and I see a rotating circle going on forever and then freezing. Not sure if this is due to Web driver or the Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup I added to Clover/kexts/other folder, but now I can´t boot with SIP enabled. Hence, my question if the CUDA drivers could be installed in any way with SIP disabled (0x67)

Not sure if this is due to Web driver or the Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup I added to Clover/kexts/other folder
If its related to the web driver you should be able to boot with SIP enabled by pressing F11 at the main Clover screen, pressing space to open the entry menu, deselecting NvidiaWeb and booting macOS with the selected options. If its related to injected kexts you can choose to boot macOS without injected kexts from the entry menu (assuming FakeSMC is installed elsewhere). I wasn't aware there was a requirement to enable SIP to install CUDA?
I might... I see many kexts in Library/Extensions folder. May I ask what kexts might override newer ones? I don’t have Lilu or NvidiaGraphicsFixUp in the folder, only in EFI.
What other kexts have you been installing in /efi/clover/kexts/other? Is InjectKexts parameter set to true or something else?

Last edited:
Everything is running smoothly with .103 web driver EXCEPT Safari. Glitches I've never seen in any iteration of Nvidia Web Drivers. Se attached. Any thoughts, suggestions? This is happening more frequently.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 6.09.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 6.09.21 PM.png
    244.2 KB · Views: 155
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 6.09.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 6.09.55 PM.png
    491.7 KB · Views: 172
Just installed your compiled kext and my machine is running great so far on 10.13.4 with EVGA 1060 6gb. Thank you so much!!!!
Glad to see that your system is running properly ETX. I have a similar setup (i7 6700 Skylake,and an EVGA GTX 1060 6gb card as well). Been having lag issues and weird graphic artifacts in FCPX. Whether it's a preview for some of the generators/plugins/etc, or after rendering, the graphics get crazy. I'm hoping this will fix it.

Hello guys! I have another experience with new driver... And my experience just Wooow!
My system: Asus z170i pro gaming with 3406 BIOS (before Spectre), 7700k, Asus 1070 Turbo.

I worked on the 10.13.2. After some good news about lag resolve I move on the 10.13.4 with Combo update (10.13.3 was past).
After that I install latest Nvidia driver (387.10.10.30) from dowloaded section (not from panel).
I went through all test included OpenGL. Everything works extremely good! I have noticed increase performance (I have own test in Motion 5). This combo (10.13.4 + new lilu+kext+driver) outperform eveything that I have before! Really! For me the new 387...103 far better than the 378...104 from 10.13.2!

Hardware Encoding: YES. iTunes without crash. Additional flags: shikigva=60. SMBIOS 17.1

So what I have in Clover (4411):
Clover/kexts/Other:
AppleALC.kext
FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
FakePCIID.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
Lilu.kext
NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
Shiki.kext
XHCI-200-series-injector.kext

Clover/drivers64UEFI:
apfs.efi
AppleImageCodec-64.efi
AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
AppleUITheme-64.efi
AptioMemoryFix.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
FirmwareVolume-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi
OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi

There are all kexts have latest versions.

May be it could help somebody.

Thanks for sharing IRZ. Looks like I have some work to do to get my system running. But it looks like there's hope and a light at the end of the tunnel.
=)

I use FCPX and Motion 5 as well. So I want to make sure that this helps in speeding things up.

Everything is running smoothly with .103 web driver EXCEPT Safari. Glitches I've never seen in any iteration of Nvidia Web Drivers. Se attached. Any thoughts, suggestions?

I do not have issue with my GTX (my rigs : High Sierra 10.13.4 / .103 Nvidia drivers / DVI2HDMI / Lilu 1.2.3 NvidiaGraphicsFixUp 1.2.5 builded from GitHub)
Weird that it is limited to safari
One suggestion if your display is HDMI - if possible - try DP2HDMI or DVI2HDMI to see if better

I do not have issue with my GTX (my rigs : High Sierra 10.13.4 / .103 Nvidia drivers / DVI2HDMI / Lilu 1.2.3 NvidiaGraphicsFixUp 1.2.5 builded from GitHub)
Weird that it is limited to safari
One suggestion if your display is HDMI - if possible - try DP2HDMI or DVI2HDMI to see if better
Using Display Port. The HDMI port on the monitor fried a couple of years ago so it is not an option

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back