Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 (387.10.10.10.30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried again, this time using benjamin.dobell's script to to go from 378.10.10.10.25.106 to 387.10.10.10.30.103.
Code:
bash <(curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update/master/nvidia-update.sh) 387.10.10.10.30.103
Then I used Lilu and Friends to compile Lilu v1.2.3 and NvidiaGraphicsFixup v1.2.5. Also tried SMBIOS 14,2 and 17,1.
...NO MATTER WHAT I TRIED, OPENGL DIDN'T WORK! :banghead:

Going back to *25.106, Lilu v1.2.2, and NvidiaGraphicsFixup v1.2.4 until someone figures it out.

Well my SMBIOS is 18.3 because I have a 7700K CPU. I also restore permissions and kext caches even if I switch those in EFI (just in case). Maybe your's did not load correctly. When I installed the latest drivers using the script it didn't activate them on the first reboot. I restored the caches again and rebooted, then it worked.

Mind running `kextstat | grep -i nvidia` in terminal with the latests kexts and drivers.

Code:
 40    0 0xffffff7f83e21000 0xc000     0xc000     as.lvs1974.NvidiaGraphicsFixup (1.2.5) C71C4085-9F51-3A63-A7E8-307FCBA7A577 <37 7 5 4 3 2 1>
126    2 0xffffff7f80b90000 0x679000   0x679000   com.nvidia.web.NVDAResmanWeb (10.3.1) 732647D4-EFC4-3E75-9618-B96D61BE214C <114 92 91 12 7 5 4 3 1>
127    0 0xffffff7f813f5000 0x1a7000   0x1a7000   com.nvidia.web.NVDAGP100HalWeb (10.3.1) 0CDFBF48-5CD7-3C97-A083-A7E179C25654 <126 12 4 3>
129    0 0xffffff7f817c6000 0xa8000    0xa8000    com.nvidia.web.GeForceWeb (10.3.1) F9DB65B6-77E6-301B-90F3-707D89858428 <128 126 114 91 12 7 5 4 3 1>

No matter what I do, cant get 103. to be as smooth as 106. Maybe those claiming 103 is buttery smooth to them, they view it as smooth because they don't have the eye for the detail?

Old kexts and drivers like .106 had a minimal lag on my GT 1030. The latest combination is just perfect, even the minimal stutter disappeared.

Finally got it working on 103. and buttery smooth!!

So I was left scratching my head on why my system wouldn't be buttery smooth like the others here.

1. I decided to run kextstat | grep -I nvidia for shits and giggles (despite putting the latest kexts in clover/kext/others) and running latest Nvidia update.
2. My result when running the terminal command showed
'as.lvs1974.NvidiaGraphicsFixup (1.2.1)'

I thought thats unusual as I have put the 1.2.5 in the correct EFI folder

3. So I went hunting on the rogue 1.2.1 file. I decided to check systems/library/extensions and lo and behold it was sitting in there. That damn old kext was overriding the EFI folder. I deleted it, along with Lilu and Shiki and all the other older kexts in that folder that should belong in the EFI folder and restarted and it worked!!

I must have, many many months ago for some reason or another, or out of pure carelessness stuck them in the macOS folder where they SHOULD NOT BELONG.

My advice, type in the command and see if you have any rogue kexts in macOS in either system/library/extensions or library/extensions.

Thanks for those who helped over the past few days.

So I was left scratching my head on why my system wouldn't be buttery smooth like the others here.

1. I decided to run kextstat | grep -I nvidia for shits and giggles (despite putting the latest kexts in clover/kext/others) and running latest Nvidia update.

3. So I went hunting on the rogue 1.2.1 file. I decided to check systems/library/extensions and lo and behold it was sitting in there. That damn old kext was overriding the EFI folder. I deleted it, along with Lilu and Shiki and all the other older kexts in that folder that should belong in the EFI folder and restarted and it worked!!

I must have, many many months ago for some reason or another, or out of pure carelessness stuck them in the macOS folder where they SHOULD NOT BELONG.

My advice, type in the command and see if you have any rogue kexts in macOS in either system/library/extensions or library/extensions.

Exactly my case :) After @vulgo pointed out to check whether the new kext has been loaded I did the check and found that I had old kext in L/E - replaced that and voila :)

Congrats!

MultBeast installs kexts to L/E, anyone who used MultBeast should check their /Library/Extensions to make sure there is no old kexts sitting there.

Hello guys! I have another experience with new driver... And my experience just Wooow!
My system: Asus z170i pro gaming with 3406 BIOS (before Spectre), 7700k, Asus 1070 Turbo.

I worked on the 10.13.2. After some good news about lag resolve I move on the 10.13.4 with Combo update (10.13.3 was past).
After that I install latest Nvidia driver (387.10.10.30) from dowloaded section (not from panel).
I went through all test included OpenGL. Everything works extremely good! I have noticed increase performance (I have own test in Motion 5). This combo (10.13.4 + new lilu+kext+driver) outperform eveything that I have before! Really! For me the new 387...103 far better than the 378...104 from 10.13.2!

Hardware Encoding: YES. iTunes without crash. Additional flags: shikigva=60. SMBIOS 17.1

So what I have in Clover (4411):
Clover/kexts/Other:
AppleALC.kext
FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
FakePCIID.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
Lilu.kext
NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
Shiki.kext
XHCI-200-series-injector.kext

Clover/drivers64UEFI:
apfs.efi
AppleImageCodec-64.efi
AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
AppleUITheme-64.efi
AptioMemoryFix.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
FirmwareVolume-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi
OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi

There are all kexts have latest versions.

May be it could help somebody.

Hi irz,
thank you for sharing this information, I also have a really smooth working graphics card since the latest drivers with NvidiaGraphicsFixup 1.2.5. But im having big Problems, getting shiki to work… could you give me more information how you got it to work for your hack?

Hi irz,
thank you for sharing this information, I also have a really smooth working graphics card since the latest drivers with NvidiaGraphicsFixup 1.2.5. But im having big Problems, getting shiki to work… could you give me more information how you got it to work for your hack?

I have this setup (I'm not a pro in hackintosh):

1. Latest Shiki
2. Additional bootflag "shikigva=60" (this is just experimental number, I really don't understand why "60" but for me it works)
3. My ig-platform-id is 0x59120003
4. Also I have "Inject Intel"
5. As you can see above I have some intel & fakepciid kexts (in OTHER folders of Clover EFI)
6. In BIOS mode I choose "Auto" in section of the graphics priority (betweet PCI/internal video)
7. In the same BIOS mode section I set 128M as video memory

that it. Just for me.

In the "Graphics/Monitors" section of System Information of OSX I see the only my PCI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070.

MacX VideoConverter Pro show me HES as YES.
Also I have pretty fast Bruce 5K encoding test (about 30-40 seconds) in the FCPX.
And I have me own Motion 5 test that show me really sweet performance (compare to the 10.13.2 + .104 driver)

Do yourself a favor and tag the kexts that you touch with a visible color circle so that you recognize later what you put where. This helps A LOT!

Installing Xcode and using Lilu and Friends is the limit of my knowledge.

I have a computer science degree, 30 years of experience on mainframes, mini computers (remember when mini meant it was the size of a refrigerator?), PCs and Macs. 10+ years on eclipse IDE, very little on Xcode. In the beginning I tried to use Xcode but the cross compatibility with other platforms was too big a headache. The ugly truth is businesses just don't use macs much. So... most of my grand experience doesn't mean jack when it comes to kexts.

Hello guys! I have another experience with new driver... And my experience just Wooow!
My system: Asus z170i pro gaming with 3406 BIOS (before Spectre), 7700k, Asus 1070 Turbo.

I worked on the 10.13.2. After some good news about lag resolve I move on the 10.13.4 with Combo update (10.13.3 was past).
After that I install latest Nvidia driver (387.10.10.30) from dowloaded section (not from panel).
I went through all test included OpenGL. Everything works extremely good! I have noticed increase performance (I have own test in Motion 5). This combo (10.13.4 + new lilu+kext+driver) outperform eveything that I have before! Really! For me the new 387...103 far better than the 378...104 from 10.13.2!

Hardware Encoding: YES. iTunes without crash. Additional flags: shikigva=60. SMBIOS 17.1

So what I have in Clover (4411):
Clover/kexts/Other:
AppleALC.kext
FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
FakePCIID.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
Lilu.kext
NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
Shiki.kext
XHCI-200-series-injector.kext

Clover/drivers64UEFI:
apfs.efi
AppleImageCodec-64.efi
AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
AppleUITheme-64.efi
AptioMemoryFix.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
FirmwareVolume-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi
OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi

There are all kexts have latest versions.

May be it could help somebody.

Congrats! I was beginning to think only ATI/AMD cards were going to work with 10.13.4!
It would REALLY help if you packaged that all up in a zip file for those of us that... :oops:"can't compile":oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back