Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 (387.10.10.10.30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably the best argument for recommending users avoid Nvidia cards at this point, especially with native support for RX 500-series and Vega cards.
Yes I agree, although my Nvidia builds have NOT suffered any of the problems reported here quite frequently I have had as yet no such experiences at all.
For my next graphics cards I will nevertheless venture into the AMD stable.

Because I can use them on my GTX 9xx series cards w/o any problems, like others with the same cards. Additionally, it appears to be a Skylake and newer system problem for the GTX 10x0 cards.
Any input on .103 with Coffee Lake? Working toward a Z370 Gaming 5 with i7 8700K build and GTX 1050-2gb card.

Last edited:
Hmm this broke my Nvidia audio over DP. I had previously used NvidiaGraphicsFixup / Lilu to fix this. Is there a new method to fix audio?

AppleAlc has been updated.

My UHD Resolution is only beeing set after login, before i have a low resolution and login mask is out of sight in that quarter of my zoomed background? Like graphic acceleration is only loaded after login attempt.
Anybody else has this effect?

AppleAlc has been updated.
I needed to reinstall clean AppleALC and reapply the 2 Toleda Fixes. After that, it worked as usual.

Binaries collected from various sources on the net will most likely not conform to this basic requirement, and will therefore not work as intended.

Thanks for the heads up, I’m just happy I have working audio now. Is there a location where all these are compiled to work with each?

My UHD Resolution is only beeing set after login, before i have a low resolution and login mask is out of sight in that quarter of my zoomed background? Like graphic acceleration is only loaded after login attempt.
Anybody else has this effect?

Do you have lilu and nvidiagraphicsfixup kexts installed?

Do you have lilu and nvidiagraphicsfixup kexts installed?

No i just fixed the AppleIntelGraphicsController.kext with Clover (Config2 to none) to fit my iMac18,3 SMBIOS.

No i just fixed the AppleIntelGraphicsController.kext with Clover (Config2 to none) to fit my iMac18,3 SMBIOS.
For me these kexts solve this problem

What is this kext and what does it do? I've never seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back