Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 (387.10.10.10.30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the lag is still there, the game is over.

nVidia has to update WindowServer to support Metal and don't think they will dedicate resources to do that.

Apple needs to push them and give them incentive somehow. This is ridiculous.

I remember someone contacted Jensen Huang (CEO) of nVidia before, can they do the same again regarding this issue?

Now that eGPU is officially supported, nVidia needs to take the incentive and support Metal properly.

This is the reason I moved to AMD for now.

Apple probably does not even care about Nvidia...they are supporting AMD!

Apple users, who end up buying Nvidia, will only blame Nvidia for bad support and not Apple. And OFC if they go ask to a store, Apple will never take the blame and will recommend AMD for external GPU.

After installing “106” driver i have very bad quality video. Maybe i did something wrong?
Is the driver loaded? If it is not you won't get any output from
Code:
ioreg -r -c nvAccelerator -d 1

The .106 drivers were working fine for me with my Geforce 970 (after I fixed the version string to work with 10.13.4).

I upgraded to the latest drivers (387.10.10.10.30.103). Now, on boot, I get an infinite spinner on an otherwise black screen.

I reverted to the .106 drivers, and everything works fine again.

Weird, i have my HD4000 listed twice in "about this mac" after this update...Any idea why?
(tried to disable and re-enable HD4000 in Bios but no effect)
Sans titre.jpeg Sans-titre2.jpg Sans titre3.jpeg

Attachments

• iMac.ioreg
    9 MB · Views: 195
  • config.plist
    10 KB · Views: 260
Apple probably does not even care about Nvidia...they are supporting AMD!

Apple users, who end up buying Nvidia, will only blame Nvidia for bad support and not Apple. And OFC if they go ask to a store, Apple will never take the blame and will recommend AMD for external GPU.

Of course they don't care. They'd most likely want to limit eGPU to AMD since it's easier to control it.

However, I would say nVidia needs to dedicate more money into this area for better Mac support as it's now "officially" supported by Apple. They need to talk to Apple and play nice with each other so the customers benefit.

Of course they don't care. They'd most likely want to limit eGPU to AMD since it's easier to control it
I think AMD give Apple access to write the drivers themselves.

I think AMD give Apple access to write the drivers themselves.

Yeah, that's always been the case with AMD.

macOS still contains nVidia drivers (most likely written internally by Apple) for their real Macs with nVidia GPUs (last one was in 2014 I think).

Hello, is a Quadro K620 supported by this update?
I've installed with not problem on 10.13.4 on a Dell workstation whit this card but in NVIDIA Drive Manager PrefPane, ECC tab, all slots are empty (No Device Found Empty) but naturally I'm using it.
Clover config has the correct stuff (InjectKexts to Yes, InjectSystemID true and NvidiaWeb true).

Is there also a way to understand what cards are supported?

Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back