Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 (387.10.10.10.30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Asus x99 deluxe / GTX 980 4Gb ram, I just updated to Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6. With updated nvidia drivers. The OS recognizes the gtx 980, But my monitor stays in sleep mode right after the Apple logo disappears during start up. (I tested my monitor on other machine and it’s not the monitor malfunction). I can see the computer listed on my network and I can even access it via screen share from my other Mac. Shows my gtx 980 being recognized. I don’t know what to do at this point. Been searching all day for answers. I can only get to the desktop if I switch web driver off. Is the 980 out dated for hackintoshing? Should I upgrade to a gtx 1060?

Last edited:
Hello together, i have a Mac Pro 4.1, i have just upgrade firmware to 5.1 successfully ! :D
Now i have 2 question... Can i upgrade VGA from GT120 512mb to GTX 1070 Ti 8gb??? Yesterday i try any version of macos but with bad results.... I can't get the new video card to read on the mac... Can anyone help me?

Now I have reinstalled El Capitan and I am slowly getting all the upgrades done one at a time ... What operating system do you advise me to update? What version? Thank you so much.
Sorry for my bad english language but i'm italian

Hello together, i have a Mac Pro 4.1, i have just upgrade firmware to 5.1 successfully ! :D
Now i have 2 question... Can i upgrade VGA from GT120 512mb to GTX 1070 Ti 8gb??? Yesterday i try any version of macos but with bad results.... I can't get the new video card to read on the mac... Can anyone help me?

Now I have reinstalled El Capitan and I am slowly getting all the upgrades done one at a time ... What operating system do you advise me to update? What version? Thank you so much.
Sorry for my bad english language but i'm italian

I successfully used an EVGA GTX 1060 SC 6GB with macOS Sierra and High Sierra. At first, I had issues with freezing and crashing, but later drivers fixed this. The most recent driver I was using with High Sierra was WebDriver-387.10.10.10.40.105. I did not need to use WhateverGreen. I've switched to an AMD card for now so I can use Mojave, so I couldn't list my exact config.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back