Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 (387.10.10.10.30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there!!!
I have some problems to run my GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC on my hackintosh 10.13.4

It’s my first made but not my first hackintosh install
Before i had a laptop without GPU and i never installed GPU

CUDA and NVIDIA Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS 10.13.4 (17E199) has been installed
(17E202 is not working on this OSX Version)

I’d do the edit:
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>

Many thanks for read and help ;)

I do this methode, every thing is well
Thanks for your help :wave:

I change Multibeast option to "Clover UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM"
It seems to work, but he says my card is "NVIDIA Chip Model"
Well, my GPU only worked after I've installed those kexts.

It may work for you too :)

So, I just updated to the 10.13.4 Security Update, followed a simple process, used Vulgo's and Benjamin Dobell's excellent scripts to do the update and update the Nvidia drivers to 387.10.10.10.30.107, tested everything (including the test from post #530 in this thread) and no issues. Many others have reported the same results.

While it's true that Nvidia put out some bad drivers in the past, now, perhaps, just perhaps, it's time to put the concerns about Nvidia's drivers (and using their cards on a Hackintosh) to bed?

Here's something positive to look for: the GTX 1180 is just about ~60 days from release, and Nvidia promises a ~25% performance boost from their new card (versus the GTX 1080). We'll see when it gets here, but based on the work I do, that kind of performance boost can be very very useful.

Thanks, that's good to know.
WebGL blob and WebGL Water are both good for me. You might uninstall the driver using the preference pane, reboot, and reinstall with the download, which may not be necessary per vulgo if you use the downloaded installer. vulgo's bash script might also be another way:
https://github.com/vulgo/webdriver.sh

Do you use acceleration in Chrome?

Anyone running C4D and Octane here? I have the latest drivers installed but CUDA is not loading and Octane can't run.

Do you use acceleration in Chrome?
Yes, use hardware acceleration when available.
Anyone running C4D and Octane here? I have the latest drivers installed but CUDA is not loading and Octane can't run.
Don't use the apps, but CUDA seems fine. Screen Shot 2018-04-27 at 6.50.50 PM.png

Interesting. Cinebench R11.5 sees my 980Ti. R15 switches to Apple's Software Render like R19 does. Does not see the GPU.

Interesting. Cinebench R11.5 sees my 980Ti. R15 switches to Apple's Software Render like R19 does. Does not see the GPU.
That might say more about the benchmark than your system. You might look at actual rendering. Dual cards and drivers and macOS interplay. Look at other dual-card setups in posts. The system definition seems to be relevant.

Yes, use hardware acceleration when available.
Don't use the apps, but CUDA seems fine.View attachment 328193
Thanks for the info. I'm not sure what's wrong with my build but I still get glitches and strange visual artifacts in Chrome and Discord. It happens only when HW acceleration is enabled. Also, WebGL demos are not running correctly.

I tried to completely uninstall Nvidia drivers via script. Rebooted. I have installed last drivers via the same script from Vulgo. Same problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back