Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 (387.10.10.10.30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
10.13.4 with 387.10.10.10.106 has solved all UI lags I was seeing. I was able to remove lilu and nvidiaGraphicsFixup as well.

After update to 10.13.4 and driver 387.10.10.10.106, I report a finally fully functional build, without lags or glitches. Further in depth analysis is required to check the perfs, but first glance seems all nice. It took Nvidia only a "few" tries to nail it, I'd like to say "good job", but I won't.
Though, my GTX950 is still working at x2 instead of x16 in sys report....Valley benchmark gives me a score of 720 at everything max and resolution of 2560 x 1440.

You mean 387.10.10.10.30.106, right?

Iv'e got the latest 30.106 drivers, with the latest nvidiagraphicsfixup and lilu. Everything works great except I am getting a 1-2 second freeze when closing tabs in safari. Iv'e seen a couple of other people here have this problem too. Is there a solution to this?

I was experiencing this issue too. Pretty annoying to be honest. Then I followed markusberger83 solution and the lags are gone now.

had the same issue, try this workaround, fixed it for me:

1. Close Safari
  2. Open the Terminal app (Applications > Utilities > Terminal)
  3. Enter the following command: defaults write com.apple.Safari IncludeInternalDebugMenu 1
  4. Then hit return
  5. Now relaunch Safari
  6. You will see the Debug menu in Safari’s menubar
  7. Click Debug
  8. Select Drawing/Compositing Flags
  9. Choose “Disable Canvas Accelerated Drawing” and “Disable Full Page Accelerated Drawing”.
  10. Now check to see if your problem is fixed.

I'm really happy about this 'cause since I left my old 9600 GT I was experiencing many UI and other graphics lags. Now seems perfect.

Thanks MarkusBerger83, you made my day and I'll help any other person who is going through the same problem pointing your solution if you have no problem with it

One more thing: can you explain why your solution worked, please? I'm programmer myself and I'm very curious about this

Thanks again

I was experiencing this issue too. Pretty annoying to be honest. Then I followed markusberger83 solution and the lags are gone now.

I'm really happy about this 'cause since I left my old 9600 GT I was experiencing many UI and other graphics lags. Now seems perfect.

Thanks MarkusBerger83, you made my day and I'll help any other person who is going through the same problem pointing your solution if you have no problem with it

One more thing: can you explain why your solution worked, please? I'm programmer myself and I'm very curious about this

Thanks again

Glad it helped, I suspect some problem with UI/website rendering and GPU acceleration in browsers, Chrome (disable GPU acceleration in advanced settings) has the same issues for me on a 1080 on 387.10.10.10.30.106 ... stumbled upon the posted solution on: https://macreports.com/mac-freezing-safari-might-cause/ just pasted it here since it completely solved my problem of Safari stuttering when closing tabs ;)

Though, my GTX950 is still working at x2 instead of x16 in sys report....Valley benchmark gives me a score of 720 at everything max and resolution of 2560 x 1440.
Where exactly can you see this?
I can not find this info in the sys report (about this Mac) Video/screens...

Last edited by a moderator:
Where exactly can you see this?
I can not find this info in the sys report (about this Mac) Video/screens...

System report >> Graphics/Displays >> PCIe Lane Width

I'd love to know if it's my hardware dying or a ramification of all these Nvidia problems....

After update to 10.13.4 and driver 387.10.10.10.106, I report a finally fully functional build, without lags or glitches. Further in depth analysis is required to check the perfs, but first glance seems all nice. It took Nvidia only a "few" tries to nail it, I'd like to say "good job", but I won't.
Is the card in slot one ? and do you have any other PCI cards installed ?

System report >> Graphics/Displays >> PCIe Lane Width

I'd love to know if it's my hardware dying or a ramification of all these Nvidia problems....
Ok, x16 on my system but that is no guarantee that speed is 5Gb/sec.
There is an app to check this but I can't remember which one.

Is the card in slot one ? and do you have any other PCI cards installed ?

Well, I have an itx motherboard, so only one PCIe slot...

Ok, x16 on my system but that is no guarantee that speed is 5Gb/sec.
There is an app to check this but I can't remember which one.

Ok, then I guess the problem is specific to my hardware... It's gonna a bitch to find the culprit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back