Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 (387.10.10.10.25)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same problem here, new drivers with HS 10.13.4 very laggy.
I did return to 378.10.10.10.25.106 and now OK.
I noted better colors in desktop, much more saturized with new drivers 387.10.10.10.30.103, but very laggy.
Hope nvidia will fix it soon, but I am pessimist about it.

I very like the current combination (10.13.4 + 378...106 driver). It's super smooth. Back in 10.13.3 when switch between space, I can occasionally see a tiny lag just before the process finish (same driver version). But now, 100% smooth.

I very like the current combination (10.13.4 + 378...106 driver). It's super smooth. Back in 10.13.3 when switch between space, I can occasionally see a tiny lag just before the process finish (same driver version). But now, 100% smooth.

You may have a working combination of motherboard and GPU, but it's hard to see, since you have not filled that out in your profile. For most people with a 170 motherboard and pascal GPU, the lag is still there.

You may have a working combination of motherboard and GPU, but it's hard to see, since you have not filled that out in your profile. For most people with a 170 motherboard and pascal GPU, the lag is still there.

Oh, sorry. I join this thread is because of the Nvidia web driver issue (In my case, colour bug, and memory leak), but I am actually using a real Mac Pro 5,1. So, hardware compatibility usually is not an issue for me (expect I have no boot screen with my PNY LR8 1080Ti).

New release of nvidiagraphicsfixup 1.2.5 should solve lagging problems. Didn't test it yet!
The latest version I can find is v1.2.2
Where is the new version?

A couple of hours later and doing a lot of work, it is a HUGE difference for me. Everything is snappier. Scrolling in Excel is normal again, youtube playing and going to fullscreen is much better (no hw decoding of course). Swapping betweens apps is fast again.

If only we could get HW video encoding and decoding with the iGPU and Pascal cards, that would be awesome. But I don't see that happening anytime soon. (https://github.com/vit9696/Shiki/issues/5)

A couple of hours later and doing a lot of work, it is a HUGE difference for me. Everything is snappier. Scrolling in Excel is normal again, youtube playing and going to fullscreen is much better (no hw decoding of course). Swapping betweens apps is fast again.
Would you happen to have a link to the release of 1.2.5? I can only see 1.2.4 as a release...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back