Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 (387.10.10.10.25)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like you are utilising the IGPU for some encoding/decoding? Might be worth a try: backup your settings, disabling IGD Multi-Monitor in Firmware Settings -> Integrated Graphics Configuration + removing IGPU related configuration in config.plist, removing any non-essential graphics-related kexts (e.g. Shiki) then see if you still get exported artifcats

Thanks so much for your answer Vulgo but I'm very stupid with all this. Is it recommended to do this in my USB pendrive with Clover that I've used to install High Sierra in my Hackintosh in order to not commit any mistake with the EFI of my system disk (Macintosh HD)?
I can disable IGD Multi-monitor in BIOS, then I can erase manually from the EFI folder (don't know how to do it with Clover Configurator) Shiki but I don't know which one else (attached my EFI folder).
Thanks for your answer.

Attachments

• EFI jciluvatar.zip
    17 MB · Views: 157
Hey all,

My setup, as listed here: https://github.com/heisian/Z370M-ITX-AC-macOS, would not boot when installing older NVIDIA drivers (x.104, 105, 106, I tried them all..).

In the end I just downgraded to macOS Sierra and now everything is smooth and stable. My computer would occasionally reboot which seemed graphics-related.

Not a great work-around, but until I hear of better stability with High Sierra NVIDIA drivers, I'm sticking with Sierra.

Hope this helps someone.

UPDATE: I discovered that the rebooting, specifically, had to do with me using OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi. I switched to using OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and now my system is rock-stable. I am still using the downgraded Sierra install.

I can disable IGD Multi-monitor in BIOS, then I can erase manually from the EFI folder (don't know how to do it with Clover Configurator) Shiki but I don't know which one else (attached my EFI folder).
You can back up an EFI partition by making a zipped copy, and restore it by removing the EFI directory in Finder and extracting/restoring the back up. There are no hidden files or boot code that make it work - only the EFI folder directory structure (and some NVRAM variables you won't be changing with Finder so not an immediate concern). Try moving out of /efi/clover/kexts/other: IntelGraphicsFixup, Shiki, WhateverGreen (you can replace them later) - basically try using only Nvidia graphics and see if you still get the FCP artifacts or not.

for the black screen problem, may be I have an idea.
I try to explain, sorry by advance for my bad english

my Hack work with Sierra 10.12.6 but the black screen problem have may be the same origin

I have upgraded my GF 8800GTX 768Mb (with driver WebDriver-378.05.05.25f06) and my Asus PA246 (1920x1200 screen) for a GF GTX1050Ti and a LG 4K 27"
on boot, all is shown on the screen, but at the moment where the loging come: black screen!

I try different solutions, but finally I have found a good one:
the PA246 use DVI connector, and LG use HDMI or Display Port.
I connect the two screens at my GF, and at the loging, the PA246 shown the desktop and the LG still black.

I go in Preference Pane/Monitors and define the second screen (at same resolution 1920x1200), and then the LG shown the desktop!
Then, I drop the menu bar from PA246 to LG (the LG become the first monitor)
Reboot, and the LG shown all it does.
Shutdown, unplug the PA246 and boot: I can use the LG at 4K resolution (it must be in "scalled mode", otherwise I can't set 3840x2160)

"About this Mac" shown "LG Ultra HD 27 in (3840x2160)" and System Report shown "1920x1080 @ 60Hz"
but the screen is really in 3840x2160, a screenshot have this resolution

May be it help...

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2018-03-16 à 19.16.10.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2018-03-16 à 19.16.10.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 342
  • Capture d’écran 2018-03-16 à 19.14.32.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2018-03-16 à 19.14.32.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 337
hi to all! have installed 10.13.3 and nvidia web driver. all is done without any error but it cannot change to WEB driver after restart. what i need to do may anybody know?

Last edited:
hi to all! have installed 10.13.3 and nvidia web driver. all is done without any error but it cannot change to WEB driver after restart. what i need to do may anybody know?
Run MultiBeast again just selecting:
Bootloaders > Clover UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM
Build > Install​
and reboot when MultiBeast completes the installing. You may have to select the Nvidia driver in the drop down menu and reboot. But, that should do it for you.

Happy to report 10.13.4 Beta 6 with the Nvidia 161 driver is running really nice. Not perfect, still an occasional slowdown but it's actually usable! This is on my EVGA 1060 6GB. Also, no issues with crashing after sleep like I had with the 104 and older drivers.

Can't wait for the final release! woohoo!

Happy to report 10.13.4 Beta 6 with the Nvidia 161 driver is running really nice. Not perfect, still an occasional slowdown but it's actually usable! This is on my EVGA 1060 6GB. Also, no issues with crashing after sleep like I had with the 104 and older drivers.

WooHoo x2!

Really interesting, I couldn't manage to get to the desktop with the .161, I always get black screen.
The only Version which is working for me at the moment is .104. I'm also on 10.13.4 Beta 6.

Could you tell me more about your Nvidia-intstall-method?
Which Mainboard are you using?

Really interesting, I couldn't manage to get to the desktop with the .161, I always get black screen.
The only Version which is working for me at the moment is .104. I'm also on 10.13.4 Beta 6.

Could you tell me more about your Nvidia-intstall-method?
Which Mainboard are you using?
Just do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back