Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 (387.10.10.10.25)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, interesting. Would you two mind sharing your Clover configurations?
Hello,now its all ok for me with vulgo solutions...anyway this is my EFI configurations.....

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 93
You should remove NvidiaGraphicsFixup too
i don't have lilu nor the NvidiaGraphicsFixup kext since I use definition 18,3 and 14,2 both don't require it. Should I have been using them?

i don't have lilu nor the NvidiaGraphicsFixup kext since I use definition 18,3 and 14,2 both don't require it. Should I have been using them?
Nope if your definiton don't require it nope.

I like to recommend NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext to all Nvidia users because, other than resolving the black screen issue for iMac17,1 and MacPro6,1 system definitions, it also makes macOS recognize the Nvidia web drivers as platform binaries. This fixes the invisible and/or distorted windows issue with some apps such as iBooks.

I like to recommend NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext to all Nvidia users because, other than resolving the black screen issue for iMac17,1 and MacPro6,1 system definitions, it also makes macOS recognize the Nvidia web drivers as platform binaries. This fixes the invisible and/or distorted windows issue with some apps such as iBooks.

Libvalfix is no longer needed on High Sierra. Only real things NvidiaGraphicsFixup does is fix blackscreen on iMac17,1/MacPro6,1, inject IOVARendererID for Shiki if you use the iGPU in compute with your Nvidia card, and sometimes fix display audio. I can understand why some people don't use it.

There is never a need to enable SIP

Correction: There is never a need to disable SIP. Disabling SIP should only be done for testing purpose (for example to test unsigned Kexts), but in everyday use, disabling SIP is not necessary and increase security risks.

With Clover injection and patching everything required for a Hackintosh can be done by Clover and in that case it works even if SIP is kept fully enabled (0x0). Even to use old NVidia Web Driver a Clover patch can be used to disable the check on macOS build.

As a bonus feature of that practice, is that the files in the system partition are totally untouched and so a backup of it (being with TimeMachine or Carbon Copy Cloner or any other backup tool) can be restored even on real Macs.

In a nutshell:
The best practice for using unsigned Kexts or patching installed Kexts is to use Clover Kexts injection/patching functionally and keep SIP fully enabled (0x0).

Even to use old NVidia Web Driver a Clover patch can be used to disable the check on macOS build.
It certainly can...
In a nutshell: The best practice for using unsigned Kexts or patching installed Kexts is to use Clover Kexts injection/patching functionally and keep SIP fully enabled (0x0).
Not really, you are forgetting: SIP is annoying - my main reason for disabling it. Like yourself i don't have unsigned kexts that need to be allowed. But I am also guessing the majority install their unsigned kexts to /Library/Extensions - enabling SIP to install kexts will exclude these from the prelinked kernel (and it just happens that it gets rebuilt when you install kexts, but not when you re-enable SIP) AND... the security benefits are minimal on Hackintosh - the EFI partition where you are loading all this unsigned code from is not protected by SIP!

In a nutshell: The best practice for using unsigned Kexts or patching installed Kexts is to use Clover Kexts injection/patching functionally and keep SIP fully enabled (0x0).
Please give one example of malware that takes advantage of SIP being disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back