Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 (387.10.10.10.25)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not work for me....when reboot on .106 dont detect my graphic card.i have 8700k 1080ti
Same problem as you! Everyone is saying that backing up to the .106 drivers has made their graphic card work.

Not work for me....when reboot on .106 dont detect my graphic card.i have 8700k 1080ti

Same problem as you! Everyone is saying that backing up to the .106 drivers has made their graphic card work.

Hmm, interesting. Would you two mind sharing your Clover configurations?

Hmm, interesting. Would you two mind sharing your Clover configurations?
Not at all! Here you have!

I'm on a 10.13.13 supplemental update. Installed .158 and still lagging. I've used your script to downgrade to .106 and it stucks at the apple logo. Did the same thing for 10.13.13 without supplemental with .156 then .106.

Hope you can find some correlation between the two of us!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.1 MB · Views: 92

I'm on a 10.13.13 supplemental update. Installed .158 and still lagging. I've used your script to downgrade to .106 and it stucks at the apple logo. Did the same thing for 10.13.13 without supplemental with .156 then .106.

Thanks. Your Clover setup is quite a bit different than mine, of course it's hard to tell, because so is your hardware.

However, the main thing that stood out to me was that "Inject NVidia" is presently false. Would you mind rolling back to .106 and enabling it? For testing purposes you don't need to modify your Clover config if you don't want to. You can enable/disable this setting on a per boot basis from the Clover start-up boot settings menu.

In your config.plist, Boot section, you can try enabling nvda_drv=1.

Also, in Graphics section, set ig-platform-id=0x59120003 and Inject Intel=true.

Monitor(s) should only be connected to your Nvidia graphics card. Do not connect monitor(s) to your motherboard connectors.

Maybe they (Apple and/or Nvidia) have done something about the Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities which leads to those lags on Skylake+ processors. Those CPU's have been patched first. I do not know if it is possible, but trying .158 drivers on 10.13.1 for example (before Apple patch AFAIR) and Skylake+, it could be nice to see the results.

BTW, I've got the newest CPU microcode (0x84) in my firmware, and it has no effect on the lag on my 7700K;1080ti hack.

Also, yes, I agree it would be interesting to know if the lag also occurs if the 15x drivers are used on < 10.13.3 . . .

Thanks. Your Clover setup is quite a bit different than mine, of course it's hard to tell, because so is your hardware.

However, the main thing that stood out to me was that "Inject NVidia" is presently false. Would you mind rolling back to .106 and enabling it? For testing purposes you don't need to modify your Clover config if you don't want to. You can enable/disable this setting on a per boot basis from the Clover start-up boot settings menu.
Thank you for you answer. I'll try that when I get back home. However, before sending you my EFI, I had to boot in VESA Mode in order to enter. Maybe that is why. :)

In your config.plist, Boot section, you can try enabling nvda_drv=1.

Also, in Graphics section, set ig-platform-id=0x59120003 and Inject Intel=true.

Monitor(s) should only be connected to your Nvidia graphics card. Do not connect monitor(s) to your motherboard connectors.
Thank you for you response! As I have said in my other reply, in order to send my EFI . I had to boot in VESA mode. However I'll give another try with your advice! Thank you!

BTW, I've got the newest CPU microcode (0x84) in my firmware, and it has no effect on the lag on my 7700K;1080ti hack.

Also, yes, I agree it would be interesting to know if the lag also occurs if the 15x drivers are used on < 10.13.3 . . .

Do you still have the lag with .158?

So I did the classic SIP procedure 0x00->Reboot->Setup .106 Repackaged->Insert Nvidia->0x67 and it seems to has worked but I got this message that macOS is using default drivers even if everything works.
There is never a need to enable SIP (there was a bug or 'different' behaviour in the first 10.13, it is fixed now), try doing
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
make sure you aren't getting errors, warnings are OK. Check the output of
Code:
nvram nvda_drv
should be
nvda_drv 1%00
before rebooting and the same after a reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back