Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 (387.10.10.10.25)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you are using native NVRAM, try enabling nvda_drv=1.

Does not work. 378..106 driver results in same lack of acceleration as before. 387..156 driver results in same black screen as before, despite manually patched AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy (SSH works, screen sharing doesn't).

Am I right in thinking that the new NvidiaWeb feature is not working properly for me? I saw vulgo say somewhere that it should be mentioned in the boot log if it's working, and it's not showing up in mine.

Does not work. 378..106 driver results in same lack of acceleration as before. 387..156 driver results in same black screen as before, despite manually patched AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy (SSH works, screen sharing doesn't).

Am I right in thinking that the new NvidiaWeb feature is not working properly for me? I saw vulgo say somewhere that it should be mentioned in the boot log if it's working, and it's not showing up in mine.

Why are you patching AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy?

Nevermnd. I missed the part about black screen. Try using the other version of ADGPfix or use NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext + Lilu.kext instead of patching.

Last edited:
Try using the other version of ADGPfix or use NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext + Lilu.kext instead of patching.

AGDPfix caused issues. Tried Lilu+LiluFriend+NGF. It now works under the following circumstances:
  • iGPU disabled in BIOS
  • iGPU (disabled!!) connected to monitor
  • 980 Ti connected to monitors via physical DisplayPorts 2,3 on the graphics card (was using ports 1,2 before—this resulted in black screen)
This is very strange but I have a spare HDMI cable so it's workable. I'm looking forward to 10.13.4 and updated web drivers to see if that fixes things.

Edit: This is using 387..156. Some lag is apparent when switching windows, etc. I might try the 378..106 drivers tomorrow; right now I'm happy to just have it working at all.

Last edited:
AGDPfix caused issues. Tried Lilu+LiluFriend+NGF. It now works under the following circumstances:
  • iGPU disabled in BIOS
  • iGPU (disabled!!) connected to monitor
  • 980 Ti connected to monitors via physical DisplayPorts 2,3 on the graphics card (was using ports 1,2 before—this resulted in black screen)
This is very strange but I have a spare HDMI cable so it's workable. I'm looking forward to 10.13.4 and updated web drivers to see if that fixes things.

Edit: This is using 387..156. Some lag is apparent when switching windows, etc. I might try the 378..106 drivers tomorrow; right now I'm happy to just have it working at all.

You will probably need IntelGraphicsFixup.kext if you want to enable the IGPU. But do not connect any monitors to it.

You will probably need IntelGraphicsFixup.kext if you want to enable the IGPU. But do not connect any monitors to it.

I don't want or need to use the iGPU. Having it disabled but connected is the only way I can get the discrete card to not black-screen at least one of its connected displays once I get to the login screen. I can also get full usability/acceleration from the dGPU without having the iGPU connected by disconnecting and reconnecting the monitor that goes black, but the iGPU hack makes so I don't have to mess around with cables every time I boot.

I just wanted you guys to know, that I have no problems with my Geforce 1060 and the new update. I didn't do anything with the web drivers. Just upgraded the OS and after that the webdrivers. I am using SMBIOS 14,2. I got an older Haswell CPU (and iGPU) though. Maybe the newer CPUs causing all the trouble.
Regards Kenny

No problems applying this update on a i7-8700K. Applied the macOS patch via the App Store update process and then applied the updated graphics web drivers via the Nvidia Driver Manager utility. Driver package is reported as 387.10.10.10.25.156. Relatively smooth and hassle-free...

Just wanted to add that on my z68 motherboard with a 1070Ti, I had no significant issues with either the 10.3.3 update (combo) or the subsequent Nvidia driver update. A second monitor was a little odd (seemed to be missing scanlines) after the first restart post-Nvidia driver update but after an unplug/replug of the DVI connector it has been perfectly fine through multiple restarts.

Just wanted to add that on my z68 motherboard with a 1070Ti, I had no significant issues with either the 10.3.3 update (combo) or the subsequent Nvidia driver update. A second monitor was a little odd (seemed to be missing scanlines) after the first restart post-Nvidia driver update but after an unplug/replug of the DVI connector it has been perfectly fine through multiple restarts.
wait, so is there a NEW web driver for 10.13.3 that fixed the issues of the previous web driver for 10.13.3? or am is it the same driver, just not causing you in particular problems?

There is no new driver. I think he has completely different setup from most people having issues.. He has sandy bridge, not a z170 or higher mobo, and that makes all the difference. Sandy Bridge has no slowdowns. Most people having issues have SkyLake and Coffee Lake and a Z170/270 mobo. This is listed a few pages back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back