Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 (387.10.10.10.25)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't tried the upgrade yet due to the reports. Given that it seems to be isolated to Skylake or higher - perhaps an unexpected interaction with the integrated GPU? For those experiencing lag, do you have the GPU enabled? If so, what connector ID are you using?

KabyLake here (7700k), GTX1080 and IGPU enabled with connector-less id (0x59120003).

Black screen after Apple logo with latest WEB Drivers. I tried everything (remove custom dsdt, disable igpu from bios and many other things) but there's seems to be no way to make it works on my system...

Downgraded to WEB Driver version 35.104 (patched to match my 10.13.3 build id) and it's working perfectly.

Honestly I never had much success with the Webdrivers since Nvidia started using them a couple of years ago. it's always been laggy. I spent countless hours troubleshooting the lag, but the computer was kind of usable. With this I don't know how you guys got to a login screen with some hardware acceleration. My machine was dead to rights, once I upgraded the Nvidia driver.

I upgraded to the latest Clover boot-loader and I noticed a couple of things off top:
1. I needed to delete both the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, and EmuVariableUefi files, then upgrade to the new OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi
From what I read on here Clover now uses native NVRAM
2. I was unable to boot with "NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext" installed.
The workaround was me unchecking "NvidiaWeb" in the boot loader, then once in MacOS, uninstall (delete) NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext.

I did hours of troubleshooting, so once I figured those two points above out. I had already uninstalled the Nvidia driver.
I downloaded the old version of the driver from a link on this site, and installed it using "Webdriver All Versions.app," which is a german program someone shared on this thread (everything is in german, but their steps on how to use it is again on this thread).
This corrected my graphics issues, the machine even seems to run better with the upgraded OsxAptioFix driver.

Then I noticed my audio was broken.
I never had any luck just running the *.command file, or even using MultiBeast (once it was available for HS).
At best I would see the devices listed but nothing would work.
Now on my old BIOS based machine "2010 spec" I had no problem just running the *.command file. I ran it once, and my audio always worked.
What I had been using on this machine was Lilu, and the AppleALC plugin; however this broke on this upgrade.
The way I was able to get my audio working was to delete AppleALC.kext (which was in my EFI/Kext/10.13 folder), then run this "Clover-Unsupported_Audio_Controller.pkg" package, which I found on the audio section of this site.

Everything is working for the first time without having to use Lilu, or any plugins.

Hi,

I am new in Hackintosh, I am just trying to setup my first system.
I just want to use the OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi instead of the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and EmuVariableUefi files, could you please tell me where can I find it? Or how can I install it? I have found it in Clover Installer, but I have installed the EFI partirion with Multibeast, and if want to use the Clover installer to install the OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi I just got a message that this install could cause some problem, so I have cancelled the installation. And Google found only the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi. Could you please upload the OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi? Or what is difference between: OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi and OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi?

Thanks in advance!

Report,
WebDriver-387.10.10.10.25.156
no lag, all is very smooth.
3,41- 3,80GHz Intel Core i7 2600K
Gigabyte Z68X-UD3P U1G UEFI BIOS new update 2017/11/14

Attachments

• tonyx.jpeg
    tonyx.jpeg
    390 KB · Views: 258
I don't use Lilu or NvidiaGraphicsFixup. Sometimes I just use the AGDPFix.app.
Should I use the kexts you mentioned?
Whatever works for you man. I used to go with AGDPFix.app too but I now find Lilu/NvidiaGraphicsFixup more flexible as I can keep system extensions vanilla (e.g. I can get/clone the disk from my Mac, if needed, and boot it on my Hack, with the Clover on a USB stick, handling and injecting needed stuff).

I just tried the .156 drivers with the 10.13.4 public beta and the lag persists.

There is a .157 version driver. Have someone modified it to load that version?

I tried this nonsense of SIP enabled too many times, trying all the combinations possible when it comes to restarting with SIP, restarting with no SIP, refreshing caches, deleting Geforce kexts with Terminal, not deleting it, and never worked, still lags.

EDIT: I've installed the previous version, and it works great. I used webdriver.sh. I have to say that the code posted here did not worked for me, because I had to enter only webdriver in terminal, not ./webdriver.sh

In my case, the code was like this:

Code:
sudo webdriver -cu https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/378/WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.106.pkg
sudo webdriver -m

Last edited:
I just tried the .156 drivers with the 10.13.4 public beta and the lag persists.

Yes it is a Nvidia issue not an Apple issue , that is why the old version of the driver works fine.
Nvidia proly rushed the driver out without checking their work , it happens on the PC side also . Just they fix the PC side quicker :p

Last edited:
Hi,

I am new in Hackintosh, I am just trying to setup my first system.
I just want to use the OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi instead of the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and EmuVariableUefi files, could you please tell me where can I find it? Or how can I install it? I have found it in Clover Installer, but I have installed the EFI partirion with Multibeast, and if want to use the Clover installer to install the OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi I just got a message that this install could cause some problem, so I have cancelled the installation. And Google found only the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi. Could you please upload the OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi? Or what is difference between: OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi and OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi?

Thanks in advance!
Just download the latest Clover bootloader. Clover already knows your trying to upgrade, under drivers you should see the OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi driver, it may say upgrade on the some of the other drivers you have installed. I unchecked "OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi," and "EmuVariableUefi." After I installed "OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi," I went to my EFI partition, and deleted both "OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi," and "EmuVariableUefi" then rebooted.
I hope this helps...

If you upgrade to hs with the old web drivers installed the update of web drivers doesn't give a black screen, however if you uninstall the web drivers, enable sip and reinstall the updated drivers, you can't downgrade drivers again without black screen issue. I'm giving up for now and installing 10.12.6. I can't completely enable sip as nvram option enabled won't let me boot, people with native nvram support can and don't have issues, osxaptiofix3drv replaces emuvariableuefi64 I've heard, it helps with web drivers. It's definitely an nvram/sip issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back