Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 (387.10.10.10.25)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I use VoodooHDA for audio, as this is a separate Kext and it doesn’t require to patch any stock macOS Kext to get audio working.

So I use VoodooHDA.kext injected by Clover (in kexts/other), so that it works even with SIP fully enabled.

I've read others saying on other forum that SIP should be enabled during driver installation for this new driver (even though it wasn't the case for previous High Sierra releases) and it's better to uninstall old driver first, so I tried it without much hope considering all the failures I had with this .156 driver before. But to my surprise, it worked. I booted disabling web driver (unchecking "NvidiaWeb" option in Clover) with SIP fully activated (0x0), uninstalled old driver (in VESA mode so), rebooted still in VESA mode and SIP fully activated (0x0) and installed new .156 driver, checked security & confidentiality preferences for NVidia Corp kext approval (which in my case wasn't asked), and rebooted, still with SIP fully activated (0x0) but this time with Nvidia Web Clover option activated

Thanks @iFrodo, I followed exactly your way and that`s the solution! After a third reboot I disabled SIP (0x67) and the .156 drivers still worked.

So I tried turning SIP off 0x3 and ran the Realtek audio script again and then couldn't boot at all at that point and had to reinstall macOS. This time I tried running the audio script and got that working, enabled SIP and installed Nvidia which broke audio. Then disabled SIP, restarted hoping audio would be working again but nope :(
Probably easier to leave SIP disabled, 0xFFF works for me.

OK, success first time here. I went back to the method I used right at 10.13 release for installing the drivers having read so many had troubles and went back to the use of setting SIP/CSR Config 0x0 for the Nvida driver install. No lag with latest driver.

1) TM Backup and SuperDuper! image in case of disaster
2) Uninstall current Nvdia driver and reboot.
3) App store download of 10.13.3, restart and allow update to install. Log in when done and mount EFI.
4) Set SIP to 0x0 in config.plist and reboot. I used Clover Configurator for this to minimise risk of damaging my .plist.
5) Install the latest Nvidia driver and reboot.
6) Update CUDA driver. Set SIP back to 0x67 or whatever you use.
7) I had no sound on reboot. Used latest version of Toleda script and

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u before rebooting.

Reboot and

8) Done.

Hope this helps someone.

Last edited:
Now using OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi, AppleALC for audio, and decided to try out the old HDMIAudio kext and everything seems to be working! Had to go back to 0x3 for the HDMI audio to work (not sure how stable it is or if it will work all the time but we'll see) - yeah it's not stable :cry: but at least everything else works

Last edited:
Thank you! So did you also install AptioMemoryFix next to the OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi?

P.S. Found it it. Quote "I think about having OsxAptioFix3Drv in Clover repo with some of your achievements."
I replaced the OsxAptioFix2 to see if anything broke (it didn't), don't know if AptioMemFix/OsxAptioFix3 are the same.

I have an issue - x.156 driver causes lags, while I can't install .106 or .104 because if I try to - after reboot I get the black-spinning-screen and that's it.

Any solutions?
Have you tried webdriver.sh? It's pretty thorough in its uninstall/reinstall. Haven't experienced the black spinner, does it appear at the time when the login screen would normally show up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back