Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 (387.10.10.10.25)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude if the 70% of the users are complaining about performances (and I myself am, even if it's usable it was laggy), the drivers aren't good.
And yet for others the drivers ARE good. Strange.

I've just upgraded to 10.13.3 which is work fine.

Then I've upgraded latest driver (387.10.10.10.25.156) for GeForce GTX 1050 Ti and now it wont boot to Mac, it just showing Black screen with spinning wheel, that it.

What to do? I can't boot into mac anymore.

Thank you iFrodo! enabled SIP restarted installed the latest Nvidia drivers and was able to boot back into HS with no issues on the video end. The issue now is no audio. I haven't tried to see is 0x3 breaks the Nvidia drivers yet, but is there a way to get audio working with SIP enabled?

Thank you iFrodo! enabled SIP restarted installed the latest Nvidia drivers and was able to boot back into HS with no issues on the video end. The issue now is no audio. I haven't tried to see is 0x3 breaks the Nvidia drivers yet, but is there a way to get audio working with SIP enabled?
If you have unsigned kexts installed try updating them and turning SIP off again.

I've uninstalled and then reinstalled the 156 drivers with SIP fully enabled (0x00) but I get the same sluggish slow UI experience. I really hope NVidia fixes this since I'm unable to revert to the 104 version of the drivers - whenever I do that (even with SIP disabled) I only get a blank/black screen.

Last edited:
Honestly I never had much success with the Webdrivers since Nvidia started using them a couple of years ago. it's always been laggy. I spent countless hours troubleshooting the lag, but the computer was kind of usable. With this I don't know how you guys got to a login screen with some hardware acceleration. My machine was dead to rights, once I upgraded the Nvidia driver.

I upgraded to the latest Clover boot-loader and I noticed a couple of things off top:
1. I needed to delete both the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, and EmuVariableUefi files, then upgrade to the new OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi
From what I read on here Clover now uses native NVRAM
2. I was unable to boot with "NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext" installed.
The workaround was me unchecking "NvidiaWeb" in the boot loader, then once in MacOS, uninstall (delete) NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext.

I did hours of troubleshooting, so once I figured those two points above out. I had already uninstalled the Nvidia driver.
I downloaded the old version of the driver from a link on this site, and installed it using "Webdriver All Versions.app," which is a german program someone shared on this thread (everything is in german, but their steps on how to use it is again on this thread).
This corrected my graphics issues, the machine even seems to run better with the upgraded OsxAptioFix driver.

Then I noticed my audio was broken.
I never had any luck just running the *.command file, or even using MultiBeast (once it was available for HS).
At best I would see the devices listed but nothing would work.
Now on my old BIOS based machine "2010 spec" I had no problem just running the *.command file. I ran it once, and my audio always worked.
What I had been using on this machine was Lilu, and the AppleALC plugin; however this broke on this upgrade.
The way I was able to get my audio working was to delete AppleALC.kext (which was in my EFI/Kext/10.13 folder), then run this "Clover-Unsupported_Audio_Controller.pkg" package, which I found on the audio section of this site.

Everything is working for the first time without having to use Lilu, or any plugins.
I see that my Hack now works without EmuVariableUefi-64.efi as well, thanks for the tip. Do you have a link that how Clover uses "Native NVRAM"? Some motherboards (like mine) don't support it, thats why we needed EmuVariableUefi-64.efi (to emulate NVRAM). I guess Clover does it now for us, but I wonder if its is safe

It was not a matter of performance for me (Asus Rampage Extreme V X99, i7-5960, GTX 1080Ti, Clover with NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext), the new drivers after MacOSX 10.3.3 never worked; I got stuck at boot with IOConsoleUsers messages etc no matter what I did. I 've had to go with the old drivers (WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.104.pkg).

I've just upgraded to 10.13.3 which is work fine.

Then I've upgraded latest driver (387.10.10.10.25.156) for GeForce GTX 1050 Ti and now it wont boot to Mac, it just showing Black screen with spinning wheel, that it.

What to do? I can't boot into mac anymore.

You could try booting with NvidiaWeb=false (in clover boot menu go to options->graphics), then install old drivers (I used WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.104.pkg) with Pacifist (or with any other method), replacing files when asked. Then, in a terminal, enter (you will be asked first for your password)

sudo nano /Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist

and replace the value for key NVDARequiredOS with your MacOSX version (e.g. change to 17D47 for 10.3.3), then save (CTRL+X followed by Y), then rebuild kernel caches by entering

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches

then reboot.

If you have unsigned kexts installed try updating them and turning SIP off again.

So I tried turning SIP off 0x3 and ran the Realtek audio script again and then couldn't boot at all at that point and had to reinstall macOS. This time I tried running the audio script and got that working, enabled SIP and installed Nvidia which broke audio. Then disabled SIP, restarted hoping audio would be working again but nope :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back