Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 (387.10.10.10.25)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok everyone, I installed the web driver script and used to it modify the 10.13.2 driver to be used on 10.13.3. It was a simple command and worked like a charm. Just putting it out here for anyone else to use.

I use this script to modify driver support version and get stuck in Apple boot logo.

Anyway I fix that by booting into single mode, then mount root disk as a writeable disk, then use the script to force remove Nvidia driver. Finally, do a reboot, it would be fixed.

Just leave this comment here for anyone who get boot stuck if use the script

Can anyone post a tutorial how they fixed the problem with webdriver.sh, when new laggy drivers are already installed

Can anyone post a tutorial how they fixed the problem with webdriver.sh, when new laggy drivers are already installed

The script is broken for force installing old drivers. I suggest that you can use WebDriver All Versions app, which mentioned before.

New CUDA driver has been released even if it not solve the problem.

I did some testing...
  • On my HP Elite 8300 (with GTX 745), no lag and good performance with no change to anything in my configurations.
  • On my Z370 system (with GTX 1080), horrible lag.
  • I tried going down to bare essentials for kexts, SSDT files, patches, etc. Still lag.
  • I tried clean install with bare essentials of kexts, etc. Still lag.
  • I tried OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi. No difference.
  • I tried with and without NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext and Shiki.kext. No difference.
Update:
Tried a few more things...
  • I tried removing rename of PEGP to GFX0. No difference.
  • I tried MacPro6,1 system definition. No difference.
  • I tried using DSDT and SSDTs instead of Clover patches. No difference.
Update 2:
Tried some more things...
  • I tried iMac14,2 system definition. No difference.
  • I tried MacPro5,1 system definition. Less lag!!! Clear improvement, but still nowhere near as smooth as .104 drivers...

Last edited:
I don't have terrible lag but placebo got me so whenever I feel that something is not instant I feel itchy lol

I hope nVidia release an update asap. For now my setting is OK.

I have NvidiaGraphicsFixup and I have an unusual bootflag that is ngfxpatch=pikera but I don't think it can make any difference.

I can't belive I didn't read this thread yesterday... :| I built a new Coffee Lake PC yesterday, did a clean macOS install and after installed WebDriver there was this crazy lag everywhere. I thought something is wrong with my new Clover config or it's related to some problems with 8th gen Intel processors. But no... so much time wasted last night.... damn

I'm going to install the previous WebDriver once I got home..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back