Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 (387.10.10.10.25)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use Fuximus' Method to revert back to x.106 drivers. 10.13.2 Drivers work just fine in 10.13.3. FIXES LAG AND STUTTERING
Hey man THANK YOU for posting this link!!!! Took some time with google translate but it was pretty easy.

I honestly cannot reproduce lag issues. But, there is a good chance for whatever reason this new driver isn't working without libvalidation fixes. 10.13 drivers haven't required nvidialibvalfix to fix windowserver acceleration before, but it might require it now. I've always had it because I constantly mod driver, and, if you do that, then you DEFINITELY need libval fix.

I've been using safari all night and day today, watching twitch and YouTube and seen no lag anywhere with driver. The ui sluggishness and beach balls described sounds exactly like what would happen if Windows server wasn't accelerated do to failed library validation.

Attachments

• Webdriver All Versions.app.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 368
This driver did cause lag issues for me too. Reverting back to .106 using the method Fuximus suggested worked wonders for me.

Use Fuximus' Method to revert back to x.106 drivers. 10.13.2 Drivers work just fine in 10.13.3. FIXES LAG AND STUTTERING

Edit: I have included the app download for those having difficulty registering. Everything's in German, but just follow the steps outlined above.

Thanks so much for posting this. It saved my butt.

i updated to 10.13.3, and now my nvdawebstartup.kext is missing, and even installing the driver manually doesnt put the kext there. I downloaded the NVDA 10.13.2 installer again and patched with "nvdia webdriver updater" so that i can run the installer, and it says "installation complete" but there is no NVDAwebstartup kext

ok everyone, I installed the web driver script and used to it modify the 10.13.2 driver to be used on 10.13.3. It was a simple command and worked like a charm. Just putting it out here for anyone else to use.

ok everyone, I installed the web driver script and used to it modify the 10.13.2 driver to be used on 10.13.3. It was a simple command and worked like a charm. Just putting it out here for anyone else to use.
This was the only thing that worked. Using the other german app would result in "no driver selected" whenever I would choose the 10.13.2 webdriver pkg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back