Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 (387.10.10.10.25)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Installed after hours of searching and crying...:) The driver was installed ok but no GPU and just 8Mb ram on GTX 1050Ti. Now i reinstalled last suplimental update and the driver works perfectly with just one issue: please see the screenshot

Attachments

• Captură de ecran din 2018.03.02 la 22.36.48.png
    Captură de ecran din 2018.03.02 la 22.36.48.png
    72.2 KB · Views: 316
Hey all,

My setup, as listed here: https://github.com/heisian/Z370M-ITX-AC-macOS, would not boot when installing older NVIDIA drivers (x.104, 105, 106, I tried them all..).

In the end I just downgraded to macOS Sierra and now everything is smooth and stable. My computer would occasionally reboot which seemed graphics-related.

Not a great work-around, but until I hear of better stability with High Sierra NVIDIA drivers, I'm sticking with Sierra.

Hope this helps someone.

Ok. Installed after hours of searching and crying...:) The driver was installed ok but no GPU and just 8Mb ram on GTX 1050Ti. Now i reinstalled last suplimental update and the driver works perfectly with just one issue: please see the screenshot

Make sure you're not injecting Nvidia drivers in Clover (under config.plist > graphics > inject).

Rolling back to 104 works for me, but there's still a slight amount of sluggishness.

I'm pretty close to just buying a RX560 to use for its OOTB support and then just using the GTX 1080 for Windows.

if you want to see if a driver is going to fix it or not, open up activity monitor and watch WindowServer process, if it starts eating memory then you will get the lag issue.

New Nvidia 161 drivers are just as laggy , now there is issues with screen savers.

Edit,

Back to 104 and all is good again , this is the best option until Nvidia fix the driver issues.

Last edited:
Is this problem fixed by now?

I'm wondering if i could try the 10.3.3 incremental Update now...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back