Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 (378.10.10.10.20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I left the config.plist standard now. Uninstalled the nvidia driver. Could you maybe tell me step by step what to do?
2 things that might make a difference, removing nvdisable=1 and InjectIntel=true. Also setting permissive CSR flags and removing ancient SMBIOS data.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 372
2 things that might make a difference, removing nvdisable=1 and InjectIntel=true. Also setting permissive CSR flags and removing ancient SMBIOS data.

Did you make the above changes that you said in the attached file? + how can I set permissive csr flags and remove smbios data?

Last edited:
Did you make the above changes that you said in the attached file? + how can I set permissive csr flags and remove smbios data?
Changes made, compare 'Boot/Arguments', 'CSRActiveConfig', 'Graphics/InjectIntel' and 'SMBIOS' keys

Changes made, compare 'Boot/Arguments', 'CSRActiveConfig', 'Graphics/InjectIntel' and 'SMBIOS' keys

OMG VULGO! YOU'RE THE BEST!

Just pasted the adjusted config.plist and it works perfectly! Life saver!

was sitting on my couch today and looked over to see my asrock x99e-itx hackintosh suddenly reboot and the start installing 10.13.1 everything was pretty good on 10.13.0 (followed this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...high-sierra-10-13-on-x99-full-success.227001/ ) but now I can't get the Nvidia webdrivers working on my 1080 ti. I could really use some help. I tried both the official invdia installer and the altnvweb-107.sh method. but anytime I have load Nvidia web drivers = 1 , I can't get past a black screen or looping gIOScreenLockState screen (depends on what kexts I had in other).

also besides the being wacked the system acting weird. lots of lock-ups and little freezes, spinning wheels etc... not sure if a bad graphics situation would cause that....

attached are screen shot of whats in my other folder, and the config.plist. Any help would be appreciated. tempted to try a fresh 10.13.1 install.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 11.38.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 11.38.07 PM.png
    136.5 KB · Views: 287
  • config.plist
    10.1 KB · Views: 307
attached are screen shot of whats in my other folder, and the config.plist. Any help would be appreciated. tempted to try a fresh 10.13.1 install.
Temporarily remove CodecCommander.kext, AppleALC.kext. Remove HDMI audio SSDT if present.

Update to latest Lilu + Nvidia Fixup (for MacPro 6,1 definition). Update FakeSMC + ACPISensors, CPU sensors.

If you still have problems, turn off auto login, install the drivers from safe boot and remove from your account(s) before rebooting
~/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.windowserver*

Last edited:
was sitting on my couch today and looked over to see my asrock x99e-itx hackintosh suddenly reboot and the start installing 10.13.1 everything was pretty good on 10.13.0 (followed this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...high-sierra-10-13-on-x99-full-success.227001/ ) but now I can't get the Nvidia webdrivers working on my 1080 ti. I could really use some help. I tried both the official invdia installer and the altnvweb-107.sh method. but anytime I have load Nvidia web drivers = 1 , I can't get past a black screen or looping gIOScreenLockState screen (depends on what kexts I had in other).

also besides the being wacked the system acting weird. lots of lock-ups and little freezes, spinning wheels etc... not sure if a bad graphics situation would cause that....

try to deactivate the igpu in bios ..

This worked pretty well. I tried this on a Gigabyte GA-Z107MX-Gaming 5 board and a GTX 960 video card. At least it booted up, BUT to a black screen. The fix was pretty easy from there. I simply disabled the NvidiaWeb key to "false" from the clover boot screen in Options -> Graphics section (never could to that before) and after booting into a system without the drivers loaded did the "black screen fix" that I've had to do every other time in Sierra when I updated drivers. I edited /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist and found my motherboard ID, changed the entry from Config2 to none, rebuilt the caches manually from the terminal and rebooted into a working system. See the section in the Nvidia Drivers problems post for the details of this fix.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

I am curious as to why there are guides all over the place that insist on you putting Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext in either /L/E or on the EFI partition in /Efi/Efi/Clover/kexts/Other. I didn't use them this time and only had problems when I did. This has been a major pain in the butt, so thanks for getting me 95% of the way there. For info, fresh installed High Sierra on a HFS+J system. Running well finally.

Last edited:
I simply disabled the NvidiaWeb key to "false" from the clover boot screen (never could to that before) and did the "black screen fix" that I've had to do every other time in Sierra.
Maybe you can create your own AGDP 'Machines' dictionary and have an injector kext match on AGPMEnabler?

and did the "black screen fix" that I've had to do every other time in Sierra. I edited /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist and found my motherboard ID, changed the entry from Config2 to none, rebuilt the caches manually from the terminal and rebooted into a working system.

Hmmm I wish I would have saw this 2 hrs ago :) I couldn't get the web drivers to load in 10.13.1 I did what vulgo suggested but and updated all those kexts, but everytime I booted with webdrivers enabled I would get the lock screen. So I just re installed 10.13.0 and went back to webdriver 378.10.10.10.15.121 and I am back in business.

maybe I'll try your black screen fix in the future, but I didn't know bout it. I had been out of the hackintosh game since 10.6 and just came back cause I got so pissed off with the lack of a updated Mac Pro and no supported good hardware using new Nvidia cards. I would buy a real Mac if I could use a 1080 ti, but those dipshits at apple just can't seem to make a good pro level computer anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back