Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 (378.10.10.10.20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit 2: macOS won't start normally anymore. macOS will however load if I go into Clover options and switch on verbose mode (-v), but then it doesn't load NVIDIA web drivers. I've been trying to get NVIDIA web drivers to run for almost two days now and after countless failed attempts with 10.13 and probably every single method posted on the forums here I was almost hoping the fresh install of 10.13.1 would finally do the job, but no luck there either. I think I've run out of ideas. What shall I do?
Start a thread, and post details of your configuration, kexts you installed, steps you took etc.

Cuda driver update for High Sierra 10.13.1

Attachments

• 111.jpeg
    111.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 881
Many thanks. Alternative downloader/updater/installer script attached, adds the web driver to user-approved kext policy database (no need to change SIP settings on fresh installs), removes monitor preferences that can cause dark display issues, doesn't install Nvidia preferences pane.

To install on 10.13.1

To install on 10.13.0 (before starting the 10.13.1 17B48 update installer)

I could never get my 10.13.0 system working so I reverted to 10.12. If I were going to do an upgrade from 10.12.6 to 10.13.1, how would use this fix?

I could never get my 10.13.0 system working so I reverted to 10.12. If I were going to do an upgrade from 10.12.6 to 10.13.1, how would use this fix?
Run the script from 10.13.1 with SIP disabled, NvidiaWeb=true as described in post #1.

Hi,
I'm experiencing serious screen"glitches" with opening photoshop images that is persisitant on desktop and firefox window after closing photoshop.
(On my gigabyte 660Ti with the latest webdrivers and CUDA on 10.13.1)
Tried:
-removing Nvidiafixup.kext and lilu.kext
-disable HD4000
-Photoshop 2017 and 2018
-boot on Osx default driver without NVIDIAweb in clover
...Any idea?

Last edited:
Hi,
I'm experiencing serious screen"glitches" with opening photoshop images that is persisitant on desktop and firefox window after closing photoshop.
(On my gigabyte 660Ti with the latest webdrivers and CUDA on 10.13.1)
Tried:
-removing Nvidiafixup.kext and lilu.kext
-disable HD4000
-Photoshop 2017 and 2018
-boot on Osx default driver without NVIDIAweb in clover
...Any idea?

No solution for this at the moment, stick with 10.12.6 and pray for an Apple patch. All Kepler 104 are affected it seems.

Many thanks. Alternative downloader/updater/installer script attached, adds the web driver to user-approved kext policy database (no need to change SIP settings on fresh installs), removes monitor preferences that can cause dark display issues, doesn't install Nvidia preferences pane.

To install on 10.13.1

To install on 10.13.0 (before starting the 10.13.1 17B48 update installer)

Thank you very much. This was so much easier than trying to fool around with the black screen :)
But how do you remove the driver for the next update due to the missing Nvidia Panel? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back