Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i installed the NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext...that got my system to stop 1/2 way (as now) but i was not able to boot up until i disable it with -wegoff
loged in remove the NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext and now i can boot up again with the genaric nvidia driver
NvidiaGraphicsFixup is superseded by WhateverGreen.
Using them together is not supported and will lead to undefined behaviour.
Make sure you use the latest versions of Lilu and WhateverGreen.

Note: If you have the black screen and can't get into your HS system, then boot into the Recovery system. Then, from the top menu: Utility > Terminal. In the Terminal, remove the Nvidia drivers with the following Terminal commands:
Code:
cd /Volumes/yourHSdiskname/System/Library/Extensions/
rm -R GeF*.*
cd /Volumes/yourHSdiskname/Library/Extensions/
rm -R GeF*.* NVDA*.*
cd /Volumes/yourHSdiskname/
sudo touch ./Library/Extensions/ ./System/Library/Extensions/
Reboot. For some reason, the above breaks audio. So, if you can get along without it while trying the below procedure, I'll tell you how to regain audio below.

Hi I am having some issues with this part. I think I may have screwed something up because, after I rebooted I can't see my macOS boot drive in Clover. I can only see "boot fileVault" (does nothing), "boot macOS install Prebooter from preboot" (also does nothing), and "boot recovery from recovery".

So I totally mess something up?

Hi,

I've just successfully made a fresh install of macOS High Sierra but I got some troubles to get my GPU work correctly.
As long as I've not installed web drivers, everything seems to be fine. But After installing Nvidia web drivers and enable it into clover, my system start to act strangly.

The problem is on startup, when web drivers are enable (I can see NVDAStartupWeb : Web on logs) macOS take 10 min to start and when I finally see the desktop, it seems to be unstable. The strangest things is I can't see the GPU's anymore into the "about this mac" pop up or into the system report, in the PCI list. Looks like when I enable web drivers the system is so slow and can't see my graphics cards.

Anyone got an idea ? I already tried different tricks with clover but without success.

Configuration :

- Asus Sabertooth X99 (up to date and patched)
- i7 6950X
- 2x GTX 1080
- 64 GB RAM
- NVMe 970 (APFS)

Thanks.

Attachments

• Sans titre.jpg
    Sans titre.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 204
  • Capture d’écran 2018-11-03 à 23.37.05.png
    Capture d’écran 2018-11-03 à 23.37.05.png
    84.2 KB · Views: 154