Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took the plunge and updated to HS. Now I get a full on lockup when the drivers glitch out and have to hard reboot. No Kernel panic, and I cannot SSH or Remote desktop into the machine. I've disabled sleep and it is fine but I really wish it would sleep properly like it did in Sierra. I never should have updated.

Did you use Multi-beast and other outdated methods that modify and install 3rd party kexts into the system? Upgrades are usually not a problem when you go vanilla and have a tight config.

Did you use Multi-beast and other outdated methods that modify and install 3rd party kexts into the system? Upgrades are usually not a problem when you go vanilla and have a tight config.

No it's just loading 4 or so kexts from the EFI partition with clover. This is not an upgrade issue, it's a problem with the Nvidia Web drivers. They are awful and they are 5x awful on HS.

I upgraded to HS thinking that I would be headed for a better life with my 1060 6GB. Turns out not to be so. Same issues and now the 'hot corner put display to sleep' fix no longer works. Considering just getting rid of the 1060 and replacing with something that works - any recommendations?

I took the plunge and updated to HS. Now I get a full on lockup when the drivers glitch out and have to hard reboot. No Kernel panic, and I cannot SSH or Remote desktop into the machine. I've disabled sleep and it is fine but I really wish it would sleep properly like it did in Sierra. I never should have updated.
I was having no issues on two 1080p monitors. I'd get the wake-from-system-sleep glitching and quickly hot-display-corner-sleep and unsleep and good to go.

Then I replaced a 1080p monitor with a 4k monitor. I had to add lilu and a couple other kexts. Now when it system sleeps it does a hard lockup on wake. FML

A LOT OF TEXT

Do you have macOS High Sierra (any version) working with your GTX 1070?

Separate question: Also I wonder if you (or anyone) have any knowledge about if macOS boot up procedure can 'harm' motherboards that are somehow unsupported?

I have a Z170 and had to replace it twice (on 'insurance') after that I started using macOS kinda, the boot up of the motherboard became slower at first and then after a few boots with macOS (10-20, quite many) the mother board "every thing is fine indicator lights" stopped lighting and boot failed before it reaches BIOS

So point is? Motherboard of mine might die again if I install macOS again... Idk what to do xD (I built the PC to run macOS)

Last edited:

Also I wonder if you (or anyone) have any knowledge about if macOS boot up procedure can 'harm' motherboards that are somehow unsupported?

I have a Z170 and had to replace it twice (on 'insurance') after that I started using macOS kinda, the boot up of the motherboard became slower at first and then after a few boots with macOS (10-20, quite many) the mother board "every thing is fine indicator lights" stopped lighting and boot failed before it reaches BIOS

So point is? Motherboard of mine might die again if I install macOS again... Idk what to do xD (I built the PC to run macOS)

I've never heard of trying to hackintosh a PC killing the motherboard.

Good evening, I had a hackintosh with the X Sierra tried to upgrade to Hight Sierra and got stuck on the black screen. I reinstalled by Tony's guide here and tried all the possibilities of this topic, but I could not. Some installation possibilities on this hardware: Asrock Extreme 4, I7 3770k, gtx 690, 16GB ram corsair, ssdhd kingston240gb. Help! It's been 7 days since I've tried the whole day and nothing .. Obs. Without the video card the system works with a perfection. Replacing the card does nothing else.

Separate question: Also I wonder if you (or anyone) have any knowledge about if macOS boot up procedure can 'harm' motherboards that are somehow unsupported?

Yes GTX 1070 worked on all High Sierras.

As far as OSX damaging your components... I guess if you had wildly inappropriate settings it could wear them out quickly.

Try a different motherboard. Now a days it'd really about the chipset. Asus, ASRock, Gigabyte, MSI... (Bio Star can be a bit wonky), but yeah, they are all the same.

Hello everyone,

The new version of the Nvidia Web Driver 387.10.10.10.25.158 a few light lags (much less and usable compared to 387.10.10.10.25.156 version), but solves a problem that many people have long since especially on the Pascal series (i've a GTX 1060 6GB : Gigabyte GTX 1060 Mini ITX OC 6G - GV-N1060IXOC-6GD).

With each new driver, I test the suspension of activity that creates glitching after the sleep awakening when the gpu is solicited as a benchmark for example.

The 387.10.10.10.25.158 version solves this big problem, I just tested at the moment.

Otherwise the installation procedure of the Nvidia Web Driver is still a problem and long (CsrActiveConfig to 0x0 and touch ./Library/Extension ./System/Library/Extension in recovery mode), compared to the AMD RX 560, 570 and 580 , natively supported.

It is already good that this solution for glitching.

Have a good day.

Queenmallory

I've never heard of trying to hackintosh a PC killing the motherboard.
Confirming that Hacks do stress parts more than they are usually, and it's pretty across the board. HFS results in more data wear than NTFS. I have RMA'd a 3930k due to TSC errrors after running without PM for a year or so. That's the part of the CPU VoodooTSCSync (which hasn't been updated since Snow Leopard) takes care of and it was refusing to boot anything.

I have also RMA'd boards that I tested DSDTs on. There is a very real, but very slim possibility that a misconfigured DSDT can damage a motherboard. You are of course feeding very basic instructions to electrical circuits and there will be a few in a billion that can create harmful power states if not set up properly.

It's mostly safe because all the dangerous stuff is relegated to kexts and the like. Devs will make sure the dangerous combination of boxes cant be ticked etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back