Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: FIXED IT!
ASUS seems to have renamed this function to 'USB Keyboard and Mouse Simulator'. Glad it works now. Now I just have to make sleep mode work. But that's another story...

Great :) - Was it CSM enabled that fixed your display issue ?

Guys, I am kind of pissed. Why can't I have CSM disabled and dual displays? I like that Hi - Res Clover and boot sequence on the DP display.
Great :) - Was it CSM enabled that fixed your display issue ?
Hmm i turn off Windows 8 features, now i get full resolution boot graphics (on the wrong monitor) and can boot with both displays. This never worked before, different Clover, different ports maybe. Or buggy firmware with unpredictable results.

Hmm i turn off Windows 8 features, now i get full resolution boot graphics and can boot with both displays. This never worked before, different Clover, different ports maybe. Or buggy firmware with unpredictable results.
Nice.

If I turn off "Windows 8/10 features" by selecting "Other OS" The CSM settings disappear but the system uses whatever CSM setting they were set to. Of course CSM Disabled works fine if only 1 display is connected.

Last edited:
Nice.

If I turn off "Windows 8/10 features" by selecting "Other OS" The CSM settings disappear but the system uses whatever CSM setting they were set to. Of course CSM Disabled works fine if only 1 display is connected.
Previously CSM brought low-res boot screens mirrored on both monitors and then the same blank screens before login. So i just used the UEFI GOP and a push button HDMI switch hanging below one of the monitors to save the cable pins.

New 121 driver and CUDA driver out. All good it seems and doesn't require sip. Just ENTER and ignore error, before reboot fix permissions and caches just in case!

https://images.nvidi...0.10.15.121.pkg

Yes!! Confirmed works like before. Just update ignore error and hit continue and restart. Was getting annoying having to enabling sip and all that stuff before and after every Nvidia update

Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 10.47.35 PM.png

NVIDIA Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS 10.13.0 (17A405) (LATEST)
https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/378/WebDriver-378.10.10.10.15.121.pkg (LATEST)

Updated top post with the newly released drivers. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I've any thing in my Hackintosh working, just there are some micro lags in the apps (safari to start and tabs, dashboard open, etc..) and this is really bored. Any fix?

ylQyvBm.jpg

I turned on screen sharing and file sharing. But this time, I decided to change the General Security settings so auto login was allowed and no password prompt from sleep. Installed the iTunes 12.7 update. Rebooted a couple of times without changing anything else - then I installed the .120 drivers. I got the error during install and rebooted. Blank non initialized monitors but after a while they initialized but were blank. No problem, I'll just VNC in. WRONG. Just a black screen. I rebooted twice trying to VNC in each time. Same thing VNC showed a black rectangle and sometimes the connection would drop.
I turned off auto login and tried to log into my maintenance account to update something unrelated, last used installing the .114 web driver apparently. Result, blank screen and kicked back to login window after a few seconds. Could speculate that auto login creates a constant blank screen while the login retries/fails. Logged into my regular account and found removing ~/Library/ByHost/com.apple.windowserver* for the problem account resolved the issue and i was able to login. Working .121 web drivers were incompatible with the previous version of that file. The last 'blast from the past' concerning the web drivers on 10.13 on this machine i hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back