Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
just got notification for
Should I install?

updated, no problems

Last edited:
Updated Post #2. Update dated upon boot up. Still got the error message, but clicked Continue and install went as intended. I also uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them; with he exception of the error message, the installation went as expected. Upon reboot, all seems well.

Phew! What a PITA to get to this point. The good news is that I'm just testing 10.13.0 on a test system, and will not upgrade production systems until 10.13.3.

Stork are you re-installing HS every time you test a new driver? If you installed an earlier driver with SIP enabled and allowed the extension in Gatekeeper, then tested on that same system with .120, that would make things a little different than someone who is installing .120 fresh for the first time.

I have been installing fresh a few times to try to get the definitive answer on SIP or no SIP. With HS 17A405, there was a different result when installing .120 over a .117 that had been installed with SIP enabled. Compared to installing .120 right off the bat.

Clicky, No, I've not done a fresh install, yet, with build 405. Please share your findings.

In that directory, I have 2 logs but I didn't see anything like that.
It's likely the invalid port error is just one precursor to the dark displays that can have other causes. Seems the only common thing in everybody's solutions is the drivers get loaded or partially loaded at least once, and at least one reboot after that. Or installing emulated NVRAM when before it wasn't.

Clicky, No, I've not done a fresh install, yet, with build 405. Please share your findings.

I could copy pasta walls of text but I'm a bit frazzled from being up way way too long - if you look through my posts in this thread , mostly in the past 3 days - the ones responding to vulgo, it goes over each fresh install. I think 6 or 7 of them total. They all had success in the end but each required some SIP or VNC tweaking. Each install was done using the same EFI, the vanilla install method on the same system.

Last night, I started thinking is possible in my case, it may have something to do with multiple displays and sharing info with vulgo he can (help) figure it out. My skill-set is somewhat limited.

It's likely the invalid port error is just one precursor to the dark displays that can have other causes. Seems the only common thing in everybody's solutions is the drivers get loaded or partially loaded at least once, and at least one reboot after that. Or installing emulated NVRAM when before it wasn't.

Hmm. Well, Im'a sleep. When I get up I'll try a couple more installs. One with both displays connected, - install 0x67, then to 0x0 for .120 install - then rebooting 0x67.... The next test will be with 1 display straight up 0x67 all the way through.

I've just got notification from NVIDA to upgrade to .120

Do I need to mess around with SIP thing again (0x67 and 0x0) before upgrading?

Using High Sierra 10.30

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back