Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then I rebooted again 0x67 same thing So, I ran your script sudo-ed (I noticed it downloaded .117) it said success - rebooted blank initialized screens.
Updated for .120 - just used it to update from .117

Attachments

• altnvweb-120.sh.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 80
Updated for .120 - just used it to update from .117

Cool. But if you notice in the post, on the 2nd install under the EDIT section, I went from .120 to .117 without any problems removing the .120 web drivers manually. The original script sort of did the same thing. It removed the .120 drivers and put on .117.

Does the new script do more than just download the .120 drivers. I guess I should open it and see. XD

Last edited:
Ok so I installed fresh again with the same EFI using 0x67.
What is clear from your own installs is having SIP partially disabled the kexts don't get approved through the GUI. Unless 'Secure Kernel Extension Loading' is disabled i can't see how they can load at all that way, definitely some inconsistency going on with the CSR implementation. Noticed i don't seem to have the 'csr-data' NVRAM variable is mentioned here, maybe support for this variable is missing in Clover?
Wow there were a lot. Two of the same ones. More than when installing .117.
Not sure whats gone on there, the packages look very similar... Maybe Nvidia have fixed those glitches thats been reported by some users @ferencziakos

Noticed i don't seem to have the 'csr-data' NVRAM variable is mentioned here, maybe support for this variable is missing in Clover?[/USER]

I read that and didn't quite get all of it. Anyway, I am up for another fresh install then do the .120 which will bork then try your script.

Is there anything you want me to set during the install of the OS or the web driver install?

I read that and didn't quite get all of it. Anyway, I am up for another fresh install then do the .120 which will bork then try your script.

Is there anything you want me to set during the install of the OS or the web driver install?
Up to you, whether you have 'Allow Unapproved Kexts' or whatever it is called this week didn't seem to make a difference before. Also what you described with the screen mirroring was exactly the situation i was in when installing the first web driver version, cleaning HDMI audio properties solved it.

Up to you, whether you have 'Allow Unapproved Kexts' or whatever it is called this week didn't seem to make a difference before.

Ok so the usual. Install OS (0x67)
set up screen sharing
reboot (0x0)
install web drivers
reboot (0x67)
Should leave me at initialized blank displays. At that point I will run your script.

Ok so the usual. Install OS (0x67)
set up screen sharing
reboot (0x0)
install web drivers
reboot (0x67)
Should leave me at initialized blank displays. At that point I will run your script.
Also what you described with the screen mirroring was exactly the situation i was in when installing the first web driver version, cleaning HDMI audio properties solved it.
The above was an upgrade so the web drivers were already approved in the kext policy database (flags 0x8 for auto-approved, installed in 10.12?)

The above was an upgrade so the web drivers were already approved in the kext policy database (flags 0x8 for auto-approved, installed in 10.12?)

I am not sure how to clean HDMI audio properties. I inject VoodooHDA. I used to use Apple ALC / Lilu and Toledas HDMI SSDT for Nvidia, but with Toledas script, I had to use the DVI-D port and a DVI-D>HDMI adaptor on my Nvidia card for the HDMI to work. The other 2 ports on my card wouldn't do it. So, I got some analog speakers then realized AppleALC / Lilu could not do 5.1 over analog. So I got rid of all that and dropped VoodooHDA into Kexts>Other. No static and 5.1.

How do you clean HDMI audio properties?

How do you clean HDMI audio properties?
My situation was i was injecting the connector type only for the 2 ports i was using. Removing the properties displays worked again (but without audio). Injecting the properties for all 6 displays, everything worked. Not sure why, although its re-creatable the dark display issues make it frustrating to investigate.

Last edited:
My situation was i was injecting the connector type only for the 2 ports i was using. Removing the properties displays worked again (but without audio). Injecting the properties for all 6 displays, everything worked. Not sure why, although its re-creatable the dark display issues make it frustrating to investigate.

Ok Vulgo,

I installed fresh again, this time left it at (0x67) for everything. With the intention of a definite bork so i could try your new 120 script. As soon as i got to the Desktop the first time I enabled screen sharing and file sharing then I installed .120 got the error and kept going. On reboot I got the blank but initialized monitors.

Tried to VNC in. It connected and I got a blurry HS screen (like the login) at low res but it had no log in prompt. I rebooted again and tried VNC-ing in. This time I got the log on screen. I logged in VNC and the displays started working. They were set to mirror the 1440p display. I set to Separate Display instead of Mirrored and my secondary display (the 1440P at the time) stayed on but the primary one didn't. I messed with the display properties and changed which display was primary. Set the 1440p as primary, the one that was working, and saw that it was set as scaled. I changed form Scaled to Default. The other display came on. Rebooted. Both display on. Ugh. So no SIP enabled, no Library validation kext, just had to VNC in and mess with the display settings. How bizarre. But there would be no way to do this without having screen sharing on. It would seem like it completely borked. I wonder if it would just work if I only had one display connected throughout the install.

Oh, and 6 displays? You should be ashamed of yourself. XD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back