Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you install the web drivers. If CSRActive config is set to 0x67 and you booted that way, you will not get the gatekeeper pop up but the error message instead. If you are CSRActive config 0x0, it will trigger the gatekeeper message. It didn't bother to try the other ones.
The error/warning message's sole purpose is to pop up if unsigned kexts are being allowed, it doesn't do anything else, look at the pre-install Perl script if you don't believe me. 0x67 doesn't set the 'user approved kernel extensions' CSR bit, unless you've already installed any version of the web drivers previously you should get the prompt to allow them to load. Either way, they load with that bit set, with or without a security prompt.
It seems that most people on here just have wacked out beast configs - are not using Emuvariable or AGDP or Lilu/NvidiaGraphicsfix up when needed. It's like the way their system was set up it wouldn't have worked on Sierra either.
That sounds about right.

The error/warning message's sole purpose is to pop up if unsigned kexts are being allowed, it doesn't do anything else, look at the pre-install Perl script if you don't believe me. 0x67 doesn't set the 'user approved kernel extensions' CSR bit, unless you've already installed any version of the web drivers previously you should get the prompt to allow them to load. Either way, they load with that bit set, with or without a security prompt.That sounds about right.
No no. I believe you. You are right. I am just saying that 0x0 gives the gatekeeper pop up which seemed to be key for me.

Not to reiterate but the first time I installed the original HS release. I did nothing with SIP. CSRActive config was set to 0x67. I installed the web drivers, got the error message continued, rebooted and I boot looped - Removed the web drivers, booted with CSRActive Config 0x0 , installed the web drivers, got gatekeeper, allowed, rebooted - still boot looped. Then I added NVWebDriverLibValFix. I was in.

The 2nd time I installed, this was the "newer" High Sierra 14A405 or whatever - First, I couldn't even install it with NVWebDriverLibValFix injecting from Clover. I removed that so I was back to the SAME EFI I was using the first time around. This time, I booted with CSRActive config 0x0, installed the web drivers, allowed in gatekeeper and then before rebooting set CSRActive Config back to 0x67. Rebooted. No boot loop no drama.

Both were fresh installs from a createinstallmedia made USB stick, minstallconfig.xml "ConvertToAPFS false", with all kexts injecting from Clover.I digress though, it was 2 different versions of the web driver and HS, so it is possible that the SIP trick wasn't even needed the 2nd time around. I just did it for good measure. I should wipe and go a third time doing everything the same as my first install but with the new HS and new Web drivers - not bothering to change SIP at all, leaving it 0x67

Last edited:
No no. I believe you. You are right. I am just saying that 0x0 gives the gatekeeper pop up which seemed to be key for me.

Not to reiterate but the first time I installed the original HS release. I did nothing with SIP and got the error and I boot looped - The did SIP enabled, still boot looped. Then added NVWebDriverLibValFix. I was in.

The 2nd time I installed, this was the "newer" High Sierra 14A405 or whatever - First, I couldn't even install it with NVWebDriverLibValFix injecting from Clover. I removed that so I was back to the SAME EFI I was using the first time around. This time, I did CSRActive config 0x0, installed the web drivers, allowed in gatekeeper and rebooted 0x67. No boot loop no drama.

Both were fresh installs from a createinstallmedia made USB stick, minstallconfig.xml "ConvertToAPFS false", with all kexts injecting from Clover.
That might explain why enabling SIP could make a difference to the driver installation other than the cache contents. CSR 0x67 -> Fresh install -> Install drivers -> No prompt, but SKL enabled

That might explain why enabling SIP could make a difference to the driver installation other than the cache contents. CSR 0x67 -> Fresh install -> Install drivers -> No prompt, but SKL enabled
Ok. Cool. I edited my post a little just to clarify. I may have been using the wrong terminology.

Ok. Cool. I edited my post a little just to clarify. I may have been using the wrong terminology.
If your config is good try disabling SIP using 0x2EF. 0x67 is from 10.11, you'll get the installer warning and not the security prompt but the drivers should load ok.

If your config is good try disabling SIP using 0x2EF. 0x67 is from 10.11, you'll get the warning and not the security prompt but the drivers should load ok.

Ok I will reinstall tonight fresh using the same EFI with CSRAcrtive Config set to 0x2EF. I will just leave it that way all the way through and during the web driver install. See what happens.

Personally I'm not counting on getting GPU encode/decode working unless it becomes possible to make CUDA-enabled builds of FFmpeg under macOS like you can in Linux.
I stand extremely corrected on this—with the latest versions of Lilu/Shiki/NVidiaGraphicsFixup you can now get Skylake/Kaby Lake hardware decoding to work alongside a Nvidia card. However, it appears the support is not fully baked in High Sierra and currently relies on manually specifying applications to patch inside Shiki.

High Sierra 10.13.0 is buggy. The new file system is buggy. The new Nvidia drivers are buggy. Even Apple's native AMD drivers are buggy. I'm waiting for HS 10.13.3 before I'm actually going to upgrade my productions systems.

I got my new system semi-working and was able to get the web drivers to install with a GTX 1060 card, but it's really flaky and the screen flashes weird lines, etc. especially when using ANY Internet browser.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

I followed the recommended build guide: i5 CPU, 16GB RAM, Z270MX MB, GTX 1060 card w/3 GB RAM.

Hopefully, I am not just being retarded here.

EDIT: Will it be easier for me to be patient and wait for MultiBeast???

NVWebDriverLibValFix has been known to fix Nvidia web driver glitching on iBooks and Safari.

semi-success,

followed all the instructions to the dot on post #1 and #2, but the system kept freezing on the Apple Logo, Progress Bar, and a little spinning circle. I am able to boot with -x safe mode. However, there are many glitches and youtube videos are not working. Without safe mode, I see this on -v Verbose.
IMG_5265.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back