Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone please help me out? I have removed and reinstalled the drivers like 17 times and no matter what I do I just boot to a black screen. I have tv as monitor using hdmi. I have tried on imac 14,2 and 15,1. Im making sure to install the driver with SIP 0x0. I tried agdp fix and emuvariableuefi64 but both of them didn't do anything
SIP 0x0 won't work, make sure NVRAM is checked

Code:
cd /Volumes/yourHSdiskname/System/Library/Extensions/
rm -R GeF*.*
cd /Volumes/yourHSdiskname/Library/Extensions/
rm -R GeF*.* NVDA*.*
cd /Volumes/yourHSdiskname/
sudo touch ./Library/Extensions/ ./System/Library/Extensions/
Reboot. For some reason, the above breaks audio. So, if you can get along without it while trying the below procedure, I'll tell you how to regain audio below.
Broken Audio same here on my running System, Dude. It's because sudo touch /Library/Extensions/ && /System/Library/Extensions/ rebuild the kextcache and after a reboot, Audio don't work. Had to run Toleda's script again.

Greetz ;-)

Got it working (supplemental update 17A405 and the xx...117 Nvidia web drivers)!!! It turns out I had to add in EmuVariable efi driver and that was the problem...

To anyone who was having a similar problem (gIOScreenLockState 3), please try the above posts first. But if none of them work for you, in the latest High Sierra supplemental update & web drivers, try the following:

First I had to boot into macOS in verbose/single-user mode, and ran the following commands:
Code:
/sbin/mount -uw /           (this may take a while)
cd /System/Library/Extensions
rm -rf GeF*.* NVDA*.*
cd /Library/Extensions
rm -rf GeF*.* NVDA*.*
touch /Library/Extensions /System/Library/Extensions
reboot

I had to go into my motherboard BIOS and enable CSM and set to 'other OS'.

I also had to go into my EFI/CLOVER/drivers64uefi/ and add in EmuVariableUefi-64.efi.
- Note, if you created your clover EFI without 'install RC scripts' I am not sure how this would work for you.

Once that was done, I booted in by going in to Clover boot options > Graphics and unchecked Use Nvidia Web Drivers. I also added nv_disable=1 as a command.

I set SIP to 0x0. I went into System Preferences > Security and made sure it was set to 'Allow from App Store and identified developers'.

Then I installed the web drivers. I did not get ANY errors or Gatekeeper 'allow these kexts' messages.

Before clicking 'Restart', I opened the terminal and executed:

Code:
sudo touch /Library/Extensions /System/Library/Extensions

Then, I rebooted and booted into macOS with the nvda_drv=1 boot flag.

There was some ritual child sacrifice involved but it may have been unnecessary.

I had similar symptoms:
- Fresh install of HS, worked fine
- Try to install web drivers with SIP enabled
- Failed to boot, ended up in a boot loop with black screen

I've tried Stork's method and everything else I could find, but nothing worked. Following your steps exactly solved the problem. I have no idea why, but EmuVariableUefi-64.efi might have actually made a difference.

Thanks a ton!!!

Edit:
Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming (BIOS 3406)
CPU: i7 7700K
Graphics: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8GB

Last edited:
fosworn,
Since we're not telepathic, we need to know your system components. See the tonymacx86 Forum Rules & Policies on signature block components.

Additionally, please provide complete details in your Profile.

Mobo: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

By completing your Profile and signature block, you help us help you better. :thumbup:

In the Terminal, remove the Nvidia drivers with the following Terminal commands:

There is no 100% guarantee but you maybe don't need this approach implement fully actually. On case of failure to load Nvidia Web Drivers, just removing NVDAStartupWeb.kext from /Library/Extensions might solve issue to get into GUI to fix problem with kexts et to install NVIDIA Web Drivers properlu.

I have no idea why, but EmuVariableUefi-64.efi might have actually made a difference.
You'll be booting with nvram variables from nvram.plist. Which won't exist. So its like booting without persistent nvram until you install the rc.scripts and have shut down at least once.

Hi, im installed https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/378/WebDriver-378.10.10.10.15.117.pkg + Kext in clover (lilu,nvidiafix,nvidiawebdriverifx,) + DriverUEFI64 (afhs,csmvideo,osxaptiofix2drv-64,emuvariableuefi-64) on OS X 10.13 (405)

Nvidia GTX 750 with TV Led 24'>HDMI
Intel G2030 3.0 Ghz
Gigabyte b75m-d3h
ram 12 GB ddr3
hd 120 gb
wifi tp-link N900 (change ap wifi channel to 64 for access 450mbps)

work audio, video, wifi,...

but no work cuda last version (9), any try ? ... ( we will have to wait for the release of the driver version with cuda??)

You'll be booting with nvram variables from nvram.plist. Which won't exist. So its like booting without persistent nvram until you install the rc.scripts and have shut down at least once.

I'm new to setting up a Hackintosh, so please excuse my newbie question.
So I assume the Nvidia web drivers require some NVRAM settings to be recognized properly, is that correct?

What do the rc.scripts exactly do? Save NVRAM on shutdown and load them on boot?
How do the scripts differ from EmuVariableUefi-64.efi? Is it safe to leave EmuVariableUefi-64.efi or should I remove it and use the rc.scripts instead?

One important note about NVIDIA Web Drivers.

Usage of Lilu.kext, NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext together can cause your HS to loop reboot. Latest NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext already has built in the NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext!

Use only latest:
Do not use NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext with them!

but no work cuda last version (9), any try ? ... ( we will have to wait for the release of the driver version with cuda??)

You have to patch CUDA!

See instructions here: #563

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back