Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can I add Nvidia’s team-id to the database?

I don’t have any incompatible graphics patching kexts, I’m using iMac14,2 so they shouldn’t be necessary but I double checked just in case.

I’ve tried disabling SIP and turning off kext consent signing, then reinstalling the drivers, and the gIOScreenLockState issue still seems to happen :(

Did you try dropping in NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext?

Got it working (supplemental update 17A405 and the xx...117 Nvidia web drivers)!!! It turns out I had to add in EmuVariable efi driver and that was the problem
Well done. EmuVariable without the rc scripts or an nvram plist would be the same as booting with reset nvram. Now, there is a hidden nvram variable in the apple namespace that drivers can use for persistent storage between boots. The nvidia driver has a device property saved-config that it writes there. Maybe this is significant, perhaps clearing Apple-space nvram on devices with hardware nvram or trashing nvram.plist on devices with emulated nvram is enough?

Note: There are some problems installing the initial Nvidia drivers (378.10.10.10.15.114) for High Sierra (HS). This was my solution to the kext install error and resulting black screen. In my initial HS installation, I did not add any other graphics kexts (e.g. Lilu.kext, Shiki.kext, NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext, etc).

Note: If you have the black screen and can't get into your HS system, then boot into the Recovery system. Then, from the top menu: Utility > Terminal. In the Terminal, remove the Nvidia drivers with the following Terminal commands:
Code:
cd /Volumes/yourHSdiskname/System/Library/Extensions/
rm -R GeF*.*
cd /Volumes/yourHSdiskname/Library/Extensions/
rm -R GeF*.* NVDA*.*
cd /Volumes/yourHSdiskname/
sudo touch ./Library/Extensions/ ./System/Library/Extensions/
Reboot. For some reason, the above breaks audio. So, if you can get along without it while trying the below procedure, I'll tell you how to regain audio below.

Installation

Note: If you have install the first High Sierra 10.13.0 build and have the Nvidia drivers installed, see Post #518 for the short method to update with the 10.13.0 Supplemental update. I believe that method will also work with any HS 10.13.0 installer dated Oct 05, 2017 and newer.

I am testing High Sierra on my Gene system with a NVMe and (temporary) a GTX 1060 with the SysDef iMac14,2. HS was easy to install (over a GM installation), but when I went to install the Nvidia drivers...well, I experience the problems you all have had. So, benefiting from your efforts, I successfully installed the drivers doing the following:

:ch: Mount the HS drive's EFI partition and change the SIP setting (CsrActiveConfig) from MultiBeast's default 0x3 to 0x0 which turns on SIP and save;

:ch: Make sure that the Security and Privacy System Preference pane General tab setting for "Allow apps downloaded from:" is set to "App Store and identified developers";

:ch: Reboot;

:ch: Once back to the Desktop, open the Security and Privacy System Preference pane and make sure the General tab is showing;

:ch: Start the Nividia install process;

:ch: During the installation, a window with a message like "The [...] kext is not signed and, in the Security and Privacy System Preference pane, you can approve its installation" (or something like that);

:ch: Once you approved the installation of that kext, the installer will complete and ask to your click on the "Restart" button...Don't do it yet;

:ch: In the Terminal, "touch" the two major kext directories:
Code:
sudo touch /Library/Extensions/ /System/Library/Extensions/

:ch: Now, mount the EFI partition and change the SIP (CsrActiveConfig) setting back to 0x3 and NvidiaWeb setting to "true";

:ch: Reboot;

:ch: The update "breaks" audio, so download and run toleda's audio_cloverALC-130.sh script from: GitHub - toleda/audio_CloverALC: OS X Realtek ALC onboard audio with Clover;

:ch: Reboot again.

You should be good to go! :thumbup:

Unfortunately, the GTX 1060 has worst glitching upon wake up from sleep then it did in Sierra. As a result, this problem caused me to reboot since the usual fixes couldn't be tried. :mad:

Hi, thanks for the guide. Just i want to ask have you figured out about sleep issue? I have samething you described about sleep.

Thank you, again

This is insane! I just spent hours trying to get mine to boot with GTX 1080 and the NVIDIA web driver. I mostly followed Post #2 to the letter and had to remove nv_disable=1 and add nvda_drv=1 in the boot arguments to not get a boot loop or stuck at gIOScreenLockState 3. I thought, according to this post, nvda_drv=1 no longer works to initiate drivers and is replaced by the NvidiaWeb system parameter.

If anyone is still struggling, first make sure that you see while booting verbose NVDAStartupWeb: Web. If you see this, you most likely just need to enable and disable a few flags as mentioned above. Good luck.

P.S. My build is Asus Prime Z270-AR, EVGA GTX 1080 SC, i7-7700k, Samsung NVMe 960 Evo.

Reporting in that after uninstalling web drivers on 10.13, installing the 10.13 supplemental update, installing the latest Nvidia drivers, on my 1060 6GB, I still have the wake-from-sleep issues with flickering and distortion. The 'put display to sleep using hot corner' fix seems to not work 100% for me, as often as not I completely lose the mouse cursor on one screen. The unplug monitor from GPU/replug seems to work to get full function back.

I will report that while the distortion used to happen essentially immediately, it took several minutes this time to trigger. But this is with a sample size of 1 so YMMV.

Could someone please help me out? I have removed and reinstalled the drivers like 17 times and no matter what I do I just boot to a black screen. I have tv as monitor using hdmi. I have tried on imac 14,2 and 15,1. Im making sure to install the driver with SIP 0x0. I tried agdp fix and emuvariableuefi64 but both of them didn't do anything

Could someone please help me out? I have removed and reinstalled the drivers like 17 times and no matter what I do I just boot to a black screen. I have tv as monitor using hdmi. I have tried on imac 14,2 and 15,1. Im making sure to install the driver with SIP 0x0. I tried agdp fix and emuvariableuefi64 but both of them didn't do anything
What are you seeing in verbose mode, gIOScreenLockState 3?

In your motherboard BIOS, what are your settings? Is iGFX enabled, CSM?

I’d suggest using iMac14,2

Also I would suggest removing other graphics kexts like Lilu and others while you’re debugging

SIP 0x0 won't work, make sure NVRAM is checked

Code:
cd /Volumes/yourHSdiskname/System/Library/Extensions/
rm -R GeF*.*
cd /Volumes/yourHSdiskname/Library/Extensions/
rm -R GeF*.* NVDA*.*
cd /Volumes/yourHSdiskname/
sudo touch ./Library/Extensions/ ./System/Library/Extensions/
Reboot. For some reason, the above breaks audio. So, if you can get along without it while trying the below procedure, I'll tell you how to regain audio below.
Broken Audio same here on my running System, Dude. It's because sudo touch /Library/Extensions/ && /System/Library/Extensions/ rebuild the kextcache and after a reboot, Audio don't work. Had to run Toleda's script again.

Greetz ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back