Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to try that, but i'm running a custom watercooled loop with hardline tubing, removing the card is quite some work :p
Uninstall from recovery? As per post 2, with less chance of removing system bundles
Code:
cd "/Volumes/yourHSdiskname/System/Library/Extensions/"
rm -R GeF*Web*
cd "/Volumes/yourHSdiskname/Library/Extensions/"
rm -R GeF* NVDA*
cd "/Volumes/yourHSdiskname/"
sudo touch ./Library/Extensions/ ./System/Library/Extensions/

I understand that the issue is that we need to allow these kexts to be signed.

However in the latest supplemental update it will crash System Preferences.

I’ve tried a thousand different ways to open up SysPrefs really fast but no matter what I do it NEVER asks me to approve it.

Which is especially weird. Gatekeeper is fully enabled.

spctl kext-consent status outputs ENABLED

SIP is fully enabled.

SysPrefs is set to “App Store and identified developers” and I’ve played with this setting many times to no avail.

Vulgo are you certain that disabling SIP, reinstalling the supplemental update, etc. will work? It seems quite different from what everyone else is saying.

Vulgo are you certain that disabling SIP, reinstalling the supplemental update, etc. will work? It seems quite different from what everyone else is saying.
If you followed the instructions in post #2 for uninstalling, its likely you removed system Nvidia kexts that should probably be restored. If not don't worry, but uninstall the initial 10.13 driver release before updating. Uninstall incompatible kexts and those that cause library validation to fail i.e. graphics kext-patching. There is no requirement to enable SIP as shown by everyone who didn't. Or to approve the kexts when the 'team id' has already been added to the database or the entire kext-approval feature is turned off in SIP. The error/problem warning in the installer occurs before installation begins and can be ignored as well.

If you followed the instructions in post #2 for uninstalling, its likely you removed system Nvidia kexts that should probably be restored. If not don't worry, but uninstall the initial 10.13 driver release before updating. Uninstall incompatible kexts and those that cause library validation to fail i.e. graphics kext-patching. There is no requirement to enable SIP as shown by everyone who didn't. Or to approve the kexts when the 'team id' has already been added to the database or the entire kext-approval feature is turned off in SIP. The error/problem warning in the installer occurs before installation begins and can be ignored as well.
How can I add Nvidia’s team-id to the database?

I don’t have any incompatible graphics patching kexts, I’m using iMac14,2 so they shouldn’t be necessary but I double checked just in case.

I’ve tried disabling SIP and turning off kext consent signing, then reinstalling the drivers, and the gIOScreenLockState issue still seems to happen :(

Thanks, vulgo. Here's how I updated my HS test system.

:ch: Uninstall the current Nvidia driver and reboot. Note: I didn't have to change the config.plist file's NvidiaWeb parameter...left it at "true".

:ch: At the Clover Boot Screen, pick the installer's temporary partition, the one w/o the tonymacx86 HS icon. This 2nd part of the installer takes about 20 minutes. Be patient and go get a cool beverage. When this 2nd part of the installer is done, it will reboot.

:ch: At the Clover Boot Screen, pick your HS disk. Once at the Desktop, run the Nvidia driver installer (WebDriver-378.10.10.10.15.117.pkg) and reboot.

:ch: At the Clover Boot Screen, pick your HS disk. You're done. Enjoy! :!:

How can I add Nvidia’s team-id to the database?
If you need to you'll get an alert. I just turned it off as part of SIP. Try csr flags 0x3FF.

If you need to you'll get an alert. I just turned it off as part of SIP. Try csr flags 0x3FF.
Thank you so much for all your help. Unfortunately none of this has helped.

With SIP turned off (no other graphics kexts installed), it still never shows a kext consent alert and crashes System Prefs.

Even with kext consent and Gatekeeper turned completely off and SIP turned off (0x3FF), when the installation finishes and I run the “touch” command on /S/L/E and /L/E then reboot, I still get that stubborn “gIOScreenLockState 3” error

I am utterly out of ideas

Do you think it would work if I just took all of the Nvidia Web driver kexts and removed them from /S/L/E and /L/E and simply put them in .../CLOVER/kexts/other so that they definitely load and don’t have all these ridiculous signing issues?

I am utterly out of ideas
Do you use HDMI audio?

Do you think it would work if I just took all of the Nvidia Web driver kexts and removed them from /S/L/E and /L/E and simply put them in .../CLOVER/kexts/other
Unfortunately the web drivers won't work properly from the the bootloader folders. These drivers are signed and if you don't get the security alert are probably loading already.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back