Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, as others have said on here, after doing a complete reformat & reinstall, I had to completely enable SIP (go in to config.plist and make sure CSRUtil... is set to 0x0). Then I booted into the clean install of High Sierra, downloaded the drivers and installed them.

I don't know if this is related, but for me it gave me an unsigned kext error, it prompted me to go into Settings > General and gave me a little 'Allow' for Nvidia web drivers. I clicked that and allowed it while the install was still moving.

Then, when the install was finished, I changed CSRUtil back to 0x67 (disabled SIP) and booted back in and everything worked perfectly! You know how they say Linux is only free if your time is free? Well they don't have anything on Hackintoshes... ;)

I am also having some issues with my HS upgrade as well in regards to Nvidia stuff. Hoping folks can shed some light....

My upgrade and such went off without a hitch, I upgraded my file system to APFS. I use iMac 17,1 for my Machine ID as I have a skylake board (Is there something better to use these days?) In El Cap and Sierra all I needed was the web drivers and AGDPFix. I had black screens following this same method and I started to read up here and on Tonymac... After beating my face against the keyboard I kept getting black screen with the various methods. I reverted back to a vanilla environment and simplified my setup.... Lo and behold with a single monitor hooked to my card I made it to a fully accelerated desktop and web drivers were loaded properly.... After a lot of frustration I started ham fisting things just going trial and error. Long story short... Still just a single monitor will work in any of my 5 ports. 2 monitors gives black screens. This is using the AGDPFix and with using Lilu/NvidiaGraphicsFixup in Clover/Kexts/Other. Either of these methods seems to work for my card, the only common thing I found is without NVWebDriverLibValFix in my Clover/Kexts/Other I get no Blackscreen but do get framebuffer errors and no boot.

Anyone have an idea how to fixup the dual screen issue? My first guess is my DSDT may need further edits/patching or a possible setting in Clover I am not aware of...

do you have already installed NVWebDriverLibValFix kext, NvidiaGraphicsFixup kext, Lilu kext?
Only needed for imac15,1 imac17,1 and MacPro6,1 system definitions to avoid black screen. Current release version of NvidiaGraphicsFixup may also require NVWebDriverLibValFix. If you don't use NvidiaGraphicsFixup you don't need NVWebDriverLibValFix with these new web drivers.

Latest version of NvidiaGraphicsFixup in development does not require NVWebDriverLibValFix either as the fix is included.

Last edited:
SOB!!!

I woke up this morning with a bunch of bright ideas on how to beat my BootLoop messed with a bunch of startup settings and booted and everything worked - Nvidia drivers loaded and working.....

Now I can't figure out what I did and every subsequent reboot fails!!!

Back to the drawing board.

I was able to get the Nvidia drivers running under HS...once I changed the SIP it worked. Thanks! Great info here.

The update added HiDPI that I didn't have before but I'm stuck at 30hz 4K resolution.

Anyone getting 60hz?

SOB!!!

I woke up this morning with a bunch of bright ideas on how to beat my BootLoop messed with a bunch of startup settings and booted and everything worked - Nvidia drivers loaded and working.....

Now I can't figure out what I did and every subsequent reboot fails!!!

Back to the drawing board.

can you share your config.plist and the kext files you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back