Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for great explination...
I have a Asus Radeon 6990 that i dont use right now... is there any chance so i can use this card ? and if not can u tell me best 3/5 cards from AMD that i shoud buy ? Now i have 1080 GTX in my hackintosh but i change it if i can use something better for better native suport and for what i do ( photo editing )
Thanks a lot !!!
I believe thats the dual-gpu card right? I am not certain, but do check in the AMD compatibility thread and see if anyone had success. For just photo editing, rx 460/560/550 are good inexpensive options. As many macbooks and even some imacs which are a favorite device for many photo retouchers, have that GPU and works fine with GPU accleration in OpenCL. Rx 480 is another good GPU if you looking for more power.

Alright so, update on what finally worked for me to get my graphics card working.

I followed all the steps by in post #1 and #2 which were probably part of the solution, but the other things I did are as follows: (On a side note, I have no idea which of the following, if any, were what actually solved the issue for me, all I know is this combination is what finally caused it to work.)

I added Pike R. Alpha's AGDP fix to my config.plist
I followed Stork's instructions in post #2, BUT I actually used 0x67 for my CsrActiveConfig after installing instead of returning it to 0x3
I have NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext in CLOVER/kexts/other
I DO NOT have lilu.kext or NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext installed
I removed nvda_drv=1 and nv_disable=1 from my boot arguments in clover.
I'm running on SMBIOS iMac17,1.

As I said above, I'm not sure what actually fixed it for me, but I think I'm gonna do some testing and see if I can narrow it down. I'll report back if I find anything of importance.

Okay so I'm back in action (thanks Time Machine backup from Recovery Boot!). But I'm still a little leery about running the Toleda script again. I've followed your instructions up until running, "audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3.command" what specifically did you input for the script? Thanks!
should clarify

after you successfully rebooted with nvidia drivers

mount efi

run toleda script

do the commands

reboot

Alright so, update on what finally worked for me to get my graphics card working.

I followed all the steps by in post #1 and #2 which were probably part of the solution, but the other things I did are as follows: (On a side note, I have no idea which of the following, if any, were what actually solved the issue for me, all I know is this combination is what finally caused it to work.)

I added Pike R. Alpha's AGDP fix to my config.plist
I followed Stork's instructions in post #2, BUT I actually used 0x67 for my CsrActiveConfig after installing instead of returning it to 0x3
I have NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext in CLOVER/kexts/other
I DO NOT have lilu.kext or NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext installed
I removed nvda_drv=1 and nv_disable=1 from my boot arguments in clover.
I'm running on SMBIOS iMac17,1.

As I said above, I'm not sure what actually fixed it for me, but I think I'm gonna do some testing and see if I can narrow it down. I'll report back if I find anything of importance.

Yes bro i got it to work before installing nvidia driver changed csr config active to 0x0 and after installing driver before restarting i changed csr config active to 0x67 and then restarted and it is working perfectly.

I was able to complete a fresh install (on NVME!) following the guide of FGRX8, even if I have a Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 and a 980Ti.
Worked like a charm!
I only need to install it again because I did some mess with the partitions and I don't like APFS... but this is another story :mrgreen:

Yes 6990 is dual gpu ... not working...
What do u think about R9 290X 4gb
I saw it suport 4 k rezolution and i think is good for my tasks ... photo
a bit overkill...but do check 280x, many people have had success with it and use it for video editing hackintosh.

I think i have that card ... R9 280X 3gb ... so in your opinion is good !?
yup..still good..

FINALLY, got it working, followed fgxr8's guide and cracked it! I think it was the bios setting for PEG that solved it. So anyone in the same boat as me make sure to set that setting. Thanks for everyones help.

Keep getting the reboots with
IOConsoleusers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

on a
Gigabyte z270 Gaming 7 motherboard
I7700K
Asus Geforece 1060 Strix.

only when i remove Geforce and NVDA files its booting again. tried all workarounds in the pas 46 pages :( ripped my hair out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back