Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else getting a error saying it didn't install right and my computer is getting a blank screen. Any idea how to fix this? How do I remove it? It won't uninstall normally is there a way over terminal?
I got the same problem

Sorely in need of some help, or a solution or something. Starting to go crazy here.

I've gone through the steps in post #2 too many times to count now. I've read every post in this thread, and countless other threads to no avail.

I continually get the following message when I try to boot after installing the Nvidia Graphics Drivers no matter what settings I change, or what kexts I change, it always shows up as follows:

IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0, lin 0, llk 1,
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

I've tried using Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext. I've tried NVWebDriverLibValFix, I've tried an ADGP fix in Clover, I've tried booting with SIP as 0x0, 0x3, and 0x67, I've even tried nvda_drv=1 just for the heck of it. I've tried all of the previous in different combinations too, and nothing works.

I've running a Gigabyte 1060 3Gb and H170 Gaming 3 Mobo, under the smbios 17,1

There has to be a solution but I'm completely lost right now. I've never been this lost before, I seriously need a solution.

Any help would be amazing right now.

Sorely in need of some help, or a solution or something. Starting to go crazy here.

I've gone through the steps in post #2 too many times to count now. I've read every post in this thread, and countless other threads to no avail.

I continually get the following message when I try to boot after installing the Nvidia Graphics Drivers no matter what settings I change, or what kexts I change, it always shows up as follows:

I've tried using Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext. I've tried NVWebDriverLibValFix, I've tried an ADGP fix in Clover, I've tried booting with SIP as 0x0, 0x3, and 0x67, I've even tried nvda_drv=1 just for the heck of it. I've tried all of the previous in different combinations too, and nothing works.

I've running a Gigabyte 1060 3Gb and H170 Gaming 3 Mobo, under the smbios 17,1

There has to be a solution but I'm completely lost right now. I've never been this lost before, I seriously need a solution.

Any help would be amazing right now.
Okay okay okay, calm down. Do you have a black screen, but the system boots?

Okay okay okay, calm down. Do you have a black screen, but the system boots?

Black screen with

blinking in the top left corner of the screen.

I tried screen sharing, but I can't get access to it, so I assume that means my system isn't actually booting fully

My mind is blown...I somehow got it up and running...Pigs must be flying right now.

In a random last ditch effort, I removed nvda_drv=1 and nv_disable=1 in the clover bootloader, and lo and behold by some magical, godly power, everything booted up perfectly. I now have full graphics acceleration.

I'm honestly baffled. I always thought that nv_disable=1 was required, and from what everyone was saying in this thread, it seemed like nvda_drv=1 was helpful as well. But now, my Hackintosh is up and running with neither of those two arguments being used.

Who would have guessed.

Not sure if my experience here will help anyone, but it at least shows that if nothing else, don't give up. It'll work eventually, you just gotta find the right combination of factors!

Hey guys,
I installed High Sierra and everything seemed to work fine. I followed Storks instructions in post #2 to enable SIP (0x0), install the web driver and disable SIP before rebooting (0x3). After rebooting none of my USB ports worked anymore :(

In the clover bootscreen and BIOS everything is still working but as soon as I boot, my keyboard and mouse are both not found. I can't interact with macOS in any way. I even tried to boot without the webdrivers but USB is still broken...

I searched around and found that I should have added a InjectAll kext. But I didn't... could that be the problem?
It's just so weird because my USB ports were all working before installing the web driver

Does anybody have an idea?

Thank you so much!

Hey guys,
I installed High Sierra and everything seemed to work fine. I followed Storks instructions in post #2 to enable SIP (0x0), install the web driver and disable SIP before rebooting (0x3). After rebooting none of my USB ports worked anymore :(

In the clover bootscreen and BIOS everything is still working but as soon as I boot, my keyboard and mouse are both not found. I can't interact with macOS in any way. I even tryed to boot without the webdrivers but USB is still broken...

I searched around and found that I should have added a InjectAll kext. But I didn't... could that be the problem?
It's just so weird because my USB ports were all working before installing the web driver

Does anybody have an idea?

Thank you so much!

New USB Raise Port Limit Patch for High Sierra | tonymacx86.com

Thanks for the answer!
But how am I supposed to edit a plist without being able to boot macOS? If I boot the recovery partition in order to get into terminal my USB devices are not found either...

edit:
my USB 2.0 ports don't work either by the way. Not sure if the port limit is the issue.

If you don't have a bootable backup or access to another Mac/hackintosh, I think it's possible to edit the config.plist in Windows with Notepad. Be sure to make a backup of the config.plist in the even it doesn't work. I've never tried editing the config.plist in Windows. But I'd still try to do it from a Mac/hackintosh if that option is at all available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back