Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I followed Stork's post#2 to the letter and got stuck in the,

Code:
gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 8, sm 0x0

With SIP set to 0x3. Changing it back to 0x0 fixed everything and it booted fine. After that first boot I was able to change it back to 0x3 and everything worked as expected.

BUT, now that I was feeling cocky I decided to try and get audio back up so I tried toleda’s script that was also posted in stork’s post #2. It did not go well, log below.

Now my machine won’t boot and I’m out of ideas on how to get back. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Code:
Agreement
The audio_cloverALC script is for personal use only. Do not distribute
the patch, any or all of the files or the resulting patched AppleHDA.kext
for any reason without permission. The audio_cloverALC script is
provided as is and without any kind of warranty.
File: audio_cloverALC-130.command_v0.3
Release Mode
Password:
EFI partition is mounted
System Integrity Protection status: enabled (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:
    Apple Internal: disabled
    Kext Signing: disabled
    Filesystem Protections: disabled
    Debugging Restrictions: enabled
    DTrace Restrictions: enabled
    NVRAM Protections: enabled
    BaseSystem Verification: enabled

This is an unsupported configuration, likely to break in the future and leave your machine in an unknown state.

OK to patch
Confirm Realtek ALC1220 (y/n): y
ALC1220, Audio ID: 0 is not supported, continue (y/n): y
Vaild Audio IDs:
1 - 1/3/5/6 port Realtek ALCxxx audio
2 - 3 port (5.1) Realtek ALCxxx audio, Pink and Blue ports repurposed to outputs
Clover Audio ID Injection (y/n): y
Enter valid Audio ID (0 to exit): 1
/Users/bo/Downloads/audio_CloverALC-master/audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3.command: line 1168: [: -lt: unary operator expected

Download ALC1220A files ...
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100  9916  100  9916    0     0  53604      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 53891
Edit config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject/1
Set: Entry, ":Devices:Audio:Inject", Does Not Exist
Edit config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts/YES
Download kext patches
100  1855  100  1855    0     0  21528      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 21569
Print: Entry, ":KernelAndKextPatches:KextsToPatch:", Does Not Exist
Edit config.plist: Add KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch - Fixed
Print: Entry, ":KernelAndKextPatches:KextsToPatch:2 dict", Does Not Exist
Download config kext and install ...
100  4223  100  4223    0     0  27849      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 27966
Install /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/realtekALC.kext
Install System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/ALC1220A zml files
Fix permissions ...
Kernel cache...
rebuilding //System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fcffd423720 [0x7fffacec65b0]> { URL = "FakeSMC.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fcffd420ac0 [0x7fffacec65b0]> { URL = "FakePCIID.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fcffbe494a0 [0x7fffacec65b0]> { URL = "NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.lvs1974.NvidiaGraphicsFixup" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fcffd309ff0 [0x7fffacec65b0]> { URL = "Lilu.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.vit9696.Lilu" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fcffd3cf480 [0x7fffacec65b0]> { URL = "USBInjectAll.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.rehabman.driver.USBInjectAll" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fcffd387ea0 [0x7fffacec65b0]> { URL = "XHCI-200-series-injector.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.200-series-XHCI" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fcffd382840 [0x7fffacec65b0]> { URL = "IntelMausiEthernet.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.insanelymac.IntelMausiEthernet" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fcffd2f5bb0 [0x7fffacec65b0]> { URL = "FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.FakePCIID-Intel-HD-Graphics" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67054) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fcffbde09c0 [0x7fffacec65b0]> { URL = "AppleHDA.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleHDA" }
KernelCache ID: 0C59DABD70EE4D38B1016A499D63896D
kextcache updated critical boot files, requesting launchd reboot

Install finished, restart required.
To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

ok. after getting the Nvidia drivers loaded

set sip/csr to 0x2EF

then reboot and run the audio script
but type this before you reboot

sudo touch /Library/Extensions /System/Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -u /

see my thread here, I have a pretty similar setup to you
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-6700k-1080-ti-asus-ranger-viii.233625/#post-1596358

Is anyone else getting a error saying it didn't install right and my computer is getting a blank screen. Any idea how to fix this? How do I remove it? It won't uninstall normally is there a way over terminal?
I got the same problem

Sorely in need of some help, or a solution or something. Starting to go crazy here.

I've gone through the steps in post #2 too many times to count now. I've read every post in this thread, and countless other threads to no avail.

I continually get the following message when I try to boot after installing the Nvidia Graphics Drivers no matter what settings I change, or what kexts I change, it always shows up as follows:

IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0, lin 0, llk 1,
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

I've tried using Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext. I've tried NVWebDriverLibValFix, I've tried an ADGP fix in Clover, I've tried booting with SIP as 0x0, 0x3, and 0x67, I've even tried nvda_drv=1 just for the heck of it. I've tried all of the previous in different combinations too, and nothing works.

I've running a Gigabyte 1060 3Gb and H170 Gaming 3 Mobo, under the smbios 17,1

There has to be a solution but I'm completely lost right now. I've never been this lost before, I seriously need a solution.

Any help would be amazing right now.

Sorely in need of some help, or a solution or something. Starting to go crazy here.

I've gone through the steps in post #2 too many times to count now. I've read every post in this thread, and countless other threads to no avail.

I continually get the following message when I try to boot after installing the Nvidia Graphics Drivers no matter what settings I change, or what kexts I change, it always shows up as follows:

I've tried using Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext. I've tried NVWebDriverLibValFix, I've tried an ADGP fix in Clover, I've tried booting with SIP as 0x0, 0x3, and 0x67, I've even tried nvda_drv=1 just for the heck of it. I've tried all of the previous in different combinations too, and nothing works.

I've running a Gigabyte 1060 3Gb and H170 Gaming 3 Mobo, under the smbios 17,1

There has to be a solution but I'm completely lost right now. I've never been this lost before, I seriously need a solution.

Any help would be amazing right now.
Okay okay okay, calm down. Do you have a black screen, but the system boots?

Okay okay okay, calm down. Do you have a black screen, but the system boots?

Black screen with

blinking in the top left corner of the screen.

I tried screen sharing, but I can't get access to it, so I assume that means my system isn't actually booting fully

My mind is blown...I somehow got it up and running...Pigs must be flying right now.

In a random last ditch effort, I removed nvda_drv=1 and nv_disable=1 in the clover bootloader, and lo and behold by some magical, godly power, everything booted up perfectly. I now have full graphics acceleration.

I'm honestly baffled. I always thought that nv_disable=1 was required, and from what everyone was saying in this thread, it seemed like nvda_drv=1 was helpful as well. But now, my Hackintosh is up and running with neither of those two arguments being used.

Who would have guessed.

Not sure if my experience here will help anyone, but it at least shows that if nothing else, don't give up. It'll work eventually, you just gotta find the right combination of factors!

Hey guys,
I installed High Sierra and everything seemed to work fine. I followed Storks instructions in post #2 to enable SIP (0x0), install the web driver and disable SIP before rebooting (0x3). After rebooting none of my USB ports worked anymore :(

In the clover bootscreen and BIOS everything is still working but as soon as I boot, my keyboard and mouse are both not found. I can't interact with macOS in any way. I even tried to boot without the webdrivers but USB is still broken...

I searched around and found that I should have added a InjectAll kext. But I didn't... could that be the problem?
It's just so weird because my USB ports were all working before installing the web driver

Does anybody have an idea?

Thank you so much!

Hey guys,
I installed High Sierra and everything seemed to work fine. I followed Storks instructions in post #2 to enable SIP (0x0), install the web driver and disable SIP before rebooting (0x3). After rebooting none of my USB ports worked anymore :(

In the clover bootscreen and BIOS everything is still working but as soon as I boot, my keyboard and mouse are both not found. I can't interact with macOS in any way. I even tryed to boot without the webdrivers but USB is still broken...

I searched around and found that I should have added a InjectAll kext. But I didn't... could that be the problem?
It's just so weird because my USB ports were all working before installing the web driver

Does anybody have an idea?

Thank you so much!

New USB Raise Port Limit Patch for High Sierra | tonymacx86.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back