Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It works for me too.It can be the easy way to due with this issue.
What about the performance?
I used that way to install webdriver, but it is not as fluent as that in 10.12

Okay, trying to get a GTX 1060 up and running.

I’ve gone through Stork’s steps in post 2 twice. Both times I get stuck at the gIOLockState.

If I delete the boot argument nv_disable=1 then I’ll get in a reboot loop. If I don’t I get stuck in the gIOLockState loop.

HELP!

Other info - I’ve got a Samsung NVME as my boot disk so having some issues there and also this is my first rig/install so there is no previous system installed.

Someone point me in the right direction!

Thanks.

UPDATE: Not sure if this helps troubleshoot but I can’t startup and even get to the loop without the USB. So NVME alone - I got nada.

Last edited:
Hey I don't know if I should update... I have an 980ti and an 1050 would you say the process won't get easier or are you confident Nvidia updates the drivers soon and fixes the issues?

Hey I don't know if I should update... I have an 980ti and an 1050 would you say the process won't get easier or are you confident Nvidia updates the drivers soon and fixes the issues?

TBH I don't feel that it's an issue. I have now installed 2 other apps that require the same new permissions, namely the Inter Power Gadget and the Logitech Control Center. Both would not have worked had I had SIP disabled.
I guess we now need to have SIP enabled for all app installs.

I'm looking at the scripts in the nvidia package and the SIP check is a warning, hitting continue should allow everything to continue. It's not broken that I can see.

They're probably doing this check for a reason, it seems completely random to just add a check for SIP/kext signing being disabled.

I don't have a hack+nvidia right now to test, but my theory is this: the 'kext permission' feature doesn't play nicely with SIP being disabled or unsigned kexts being allowed. If you get the SIP error from the installer and continue, do you still get the macOS prompt about allowing the kext to be installed?

The kext permissions are tracked via the team id that signed the kext; one can see how tracking this might be problematic if there is a possibility that unsigned kexts might get mixed in. The combo of 'allow unsigned kexts' and 'use kext permissions' may just be an unsupported configuration.

Try setting the SIP flags so that unsigned kexts are allowed AND kext permissions are disabled.

Try setting the SIP flags so that unsigned kexts are allowed AND kext permissions are disabled.

OK. This looks worth a go. So can we set this in CC or via a config.plist edit? Or both?

If so what are the exact, precise settings I would need to use for "unsigned kexts are allowed" AND "kext permissions disabled" please?

Thanks in advance for any clarification, I've read so much, I'm starting to confuse myself! 8)

Amblin

Last edited:
Upgraded from Sierra with no issue (dropped FakeSMC.kext and APFS.efi to either respective folders for boot/installation to happen). With an 18,2 SMBios and CsrActiveConfig 0x3 setup, installed the driver w/o serious security issues (just some unsigned(?) kext alerts)... then rebooted to an accelerated desktop.

Still getting the white noise problem after restart after installing the webdriver. During install some message pops up that says something like "this Nvidia driver is not compatible with this system" ... but I can hit continue. anyone else had this problem?

It seems to me that this driver combined with the relatively new High Sierra is just in a very buggy state for hackintoshes right now ...

If so what are the exact, precise settings I would need to use for "unsigned kexts are allowed" AND "kext permissions disabled" please?
You can use 0x3FF which sets all known bits and spare for future additions. Or use 0x2EF. Or hit 'o' at boot menu, system parameters, system integrity protection.
installed the driver w/o serious security issues
if the drivers were installed previously you won't get the prompt they are automatically allowed

I'm able to clean install High Sierra perfectly but as soon as I install the Nvidia Web Driver, following the guide at post #2 and trying several suggestions for changing the SIP configurations to 0x0 and then to 0x3 or even the standard 0x3E7, my computer will not boot. The apple logo displays and the load bar gets to about 50% and then the system reboots itself in a continuous loop. Any suggestion on what I am doing wrong as this is becoming very frustrating? I can't even try upgrading from Sierra as I no longer have the installation file and Apple has removed it from the App Store. This is the first time I've ever run into trouble with my hackintosh.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back