Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All, so the trick was indeed to fully enable SIP (and since I do all my mods through kexts in Clover, I left it enabled, and all is fine!).
But - there seems to be lag, as if the GPU is operating at low speeds, and then ramps up. Example: when I press Mission Control, the first time it's jaggy, but after a few subsequent presses it becomes smooth... Any thoughts on how to fix this?

But why would a Mac Pro be running with SIP disabled? Is that a large enough of a market share for nVidia to notice?

NVIDIA seems to have finally released a Mac driver for the reason that so many Mac Pro users are still relying on the traditional tower (2006-2012). The 2013 cylinder was a total failure and is receiving a complete re-design. In the meantime, NVIDIA has been kind enough to supply drivers for those sticking with the tower Mac Pro. Or, perhaps, Apple plans on using desktop GPUs in their future Mac Pro(?) Not completely sure. It was very random and exciting that they finally did it, though. They certainly are appealing to a niche market, here. If the future Mac Pro uses their cards, though, we'll have even stronger support!

(BTW, what does SIP being disabled have to do with this? In any case: in very specific instances, people DO have it disabled. For example, it has to be done in order for someone to flash a 2009 Mac Pro's firmware to that of a 2010-2012 Mac Pro. This is done prior to upgrading its CPUs.)

Last edited:
So is confirmed this happens as well with Macs and GTX cards? Then is something definitely Nvidia should fix , as this driver is a mess.

Oh, yes - definitely. In fact, I've been active on a thread here which addresses the issue. I chimed in and noted that my own Mac Pro's GTX 1060 is suffering greatly with its current drivers. I actually contacted NVIDIA directly and described the issue. To my surprise, they collected my information and began lab tests on the same card [using a Mac Pro, I presume]. I do agree that it's an important issue and that they really should be fixing it as soon as possible. Unfortunately, I waited for about a month, following the contact I had with them. I e-mailed back, eager for an update, but they simply told me that they still hadn't been able to identify the bug. They were able to replicate it on their machines, but they were still searching for the bug. *shrugs*

I also began a thread over on MacRumors, detailing the issue and seeing if others had it as well. Indeed, plenty of Mac Pro-users do as well. In fact, I'm certain that there's no GTX 1060 out there immune to the Mac drivers and their derelict tendencies. I have also heard from several people - both from Mac Pro-users and Hackintoshers - that GTX 1050(Ti) and 1070s also have issues of their own, with the Mac drivers. The 1060 is definitely the most adversely-affected one, but the others still aren't taking too well to the drivers. Some 1050s apparently have similar issues to those of the 1060s; and, I've heard a report of one's 1070 exhibiting issues such as a black screen upon wake-up and random glitches throughout the OS. (This was within a Mac Pro.) As far as I know, the only GTX 10xx-series card which works more or less properly in a Mac Pro or Hackintosh is the GTX 1080(Ti).

I try to change the sip value to 0x0, but when I reboot the system, the USB mouse and the keyboard can not be used. That is frustrated.
Then, you accidentally changed something else in your config.plist file. Are you using Xcode or PlistEditor Pro? Don't use a text editor as it is too easy to mess it up.

I can't boot with SIP enable (0x0), got osxaptiofixdrv error. Any help on this?

SIP should be disabled at all times on a Hack. (CsrActiveConfig 0x67).

finally got hs installed by using a mac 17.1 config file

however after installing nvidia drivers, lilu and nvidiafix kext (with kextbeast) i get a reboot loop

but as guided i should enable SIP (0x0) to install nvidia drivers, am i doing something worng?

Bad idea. Kext Injection wont work if SIP is enabled. (System Integrity Protection) will prevent you installing kexts to L/E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back