Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just updated to High Sierra, did everything I saw in the guide but got a black screen. I have a GTX 960. I found a fix so thought I would share what worked and what did not work for me.

Luckily I own Apple Remote Desktop and an old iMac. While there is indeed a black screen I can remote control from my iMac and tinker with the machine. I tried the following things that I read in this thread.
  • enable iGPU and disable again
  • Changed nvidiaweb from true to yes
  • Download and install the latest lilu.kext
  • Update NvidiaGraphicsFixup BINGO!
Ok, now I have video I can work on getting my sound back ;)
Can you help me? Install lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup means copy it after mount to efi/ kext/ other folder, or instal this two kext with kexktbeast to librarie/extension?

Can you help me? Install lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup means copy it after mount to efi/ kext/ other folder, or instal this two kext with kexktbeast to librarie/extension?

I have them installed in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.

Just getting back to try and solve this after attempting earlier in the week. Have read through the thread but what's the latest for this issue:
I have a GTX 1060 SSC

When I tried to install several days ago I didn't get the black screen instead it hung during startup and I got the overlapping spinning progress wheel.

Anyone with this card have success? Tips? Warnings?

Thanks!

...end key is in Clover Boot nvda_drv=1,not Nvidia web-active(true) in System Parameters.I'm with Last Clover 4220.I hope will help someone that.

Could you explain this please? Are you saying that you removed this from your config.plist or did you change it to something else?

<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
</dict>

Thank you!

Generally speaking, there must be a singular reason for these multiple failures, this is an exact science, not black magic, storm-calling or needing the correct alignment of stars. Something, somewhere is causing all these failures and the successes. We need to identify it.

I'm starting to wonder that if it's not Occam's Razor (bad drivers) then maybe it's some of the SMBIOS choices? It's impossible to really diagnose though unless *every* single poster posts up success or failure along with their Chipset, SMBIOS, Upgrade method, Driver install method, config.plist entries/changes and other essential data. Then we might be able to start narrowing all this great information down a bit and find the issue.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Just getting back to try and solve this after attempting earlier in the week. Have read through the thread but what's the latest for this issue:
I have a GTX 1060 SSC

When I tried to install several days ago I didn't get the black screen instead it hung during startup and I got the overlapping spinning progress wheel.

Anyone with this card have success? Tips? Warnings?

Thanks!

If you turn verbose mode on, you'll see...

IOConsoleUsers gIOLockScreenState

A few of us have this problem... and theres still no solution to this problem.

I have walked away from this for the time being and would appreciate any suggestions for when I regroup and try again:

System is an ASUS ROG Strix 270I with a ASUS ROX Strix 1070 OC and a I7 7700K Kaby Lake SMBIOS iMac 18,3
  • High Sierra Install worked well once I figured out removing Secure Boot Keys
  • I was up and running on Passthrough VESA straight away using GPU = Auto
  • Did the initial clover install and the network kext to get ethernet working
  • Figured next I would tackle the Nvidia web drivers - I am stuck with a reboot every time I try to use them
    • At this point I reboot into recovery and clean out the NVDA*, GeForce*, and GeForce*Web.bundle.kext
    • I can then reboot back to the start
This thread has had lots of useful suggestions but none of them had made a difference
  • I think my problem is that no matter what I seem to try I am always seeing "Official" at the Nvidia Driver load point in the verbose log
    • I have updated system parameters to include NvidiaWeb systemID
    • I have tried with and without nvda_drv=1
    • I have lilu.kext and NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext (tried with and without)
  • I installed drivers with and without SIP 0x00 - I got the signed kext prompt and replied to it
  • I have tried booting with SIP (0x00) and (0x03) but not (0x67)
Not sure where to go next - do I need to something special to get logs in clover/misc in EFI?

For looping in gIOLockScreenState (with -v, otherwise black screen with mouse) for me install of https://github.com/mologie/NVWebDriverLibValFix helped. I had GT 1030 , same issue in Sierra & HS. With that no problems.

The nvda_drv must be in NVRAM as key with 1, nvram -p shows all keys.
Boot flag nvda_drv=1 doesnt help since longer time. Must be set in NVRAM - by Clover (webdriver true).
Also be sure your NVRAM holds the key, i dont neeed that emu....efi because my MB GA.Z77 has full working NVRAM.
Others must have that efi extensuin named some with EMU....efi (plus installed Clover sripts that all NVRAM values are saved and restored after reboot).

So, first i would check if you find the nvda_drv key in NVRAM, by nvram -p and it must be set <> 0
Without that Webdrivers will never loaded - even you add kernel flag nvda_drv=1 and/ or Webdrivers are installed OK.
I deleted the old kernel boot flag nvda_drv=1 because no more function

Last edited:
If you turn verbose mode on, you'll see...

IOConsoleUsers gIOLockScreenState

A few of us have this problem... and theres still no solution to this problem.

So is this everyone’s experience for this issue? No current fix? Trying to figure out if this is worth time or if I should wait a week and return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back