Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not in WOW, don't know why you would game in macOS on a pc that runs windows..
In my case macOS windows flicker, other element are very slow to draw..
Metal games actually run great in macOS. opengl is lagged behind but a game optimized for metal runs quite well. Well, when driver isn't broken. but could be related (the flicker). metal is used to draw windows too. hard to say though. I don't flicker with anything but WoW

Hey thanks for the info! but I have some problem. I have already downloaded High Sierra beta 4 17A315i
and I was waiting for the drivers for a long time. will these drivers will work on this beta version? I haven't installed the OS yet, this is why I wanted to ask someone who can confirm if will it work on this beta version. I could not download the latest release of macOS high sierra because of my bandwidth limit. Thanks!

I did a direct update through App Store(and using the APFS), and after installing the Nvidia Webdriver I had a lot of problems, I tried everything but either my machine didn't even get to the login, or I ended up with a black screen...
Finally I decided to try removing non-essential kexsts, and removed Shiki and the iMac kexts and that solved the problem perfectly. And what's interesting is that both iTunes movies and iMessage continue to work perfectly, even without those kexts. As far as I can see after testing for two days, the machine is working absolutely flawlessly with everything working as it should.
Can you send me list of kexts pls, thx.

So I'm not sure whats going on here.
I upgraded to High Sierra without using APFS using this guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...n-high-sierra-update-or-fresh-install.232855/

After that, I used storks guide to install the graphic drivers.
Now, after each reboot, the computer works better than ever and then slowly deteriorates. The screen looks like it does in the screenshot below(in various areas) and some apps stop responding. Some apps and the overall OS still function as they should.
Any idea whats wrong?? I attached my config.plist because I have a feeling that its something to do with that.
I should note that the screen started doing this before the graphics drivers were installed but not that extremely(probably because I rebooted a couple times).
Thanks a million in advance!

read this https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/no-video-acceleration-graphics-intel-hd4600.226276/
there are more people with graphics glitches problem on 10.13 ;(

Just updated to High Sierra, did everything I saw in the guide but got a black screen. I have a GTX 960. I found a fix so thought I would share what worked and what did not work for me.

Luckily I own Apple Remote Desktop and an old iMac. While there is indeed a black screen I can remote control from my iMac and tinker with the machine. I tried the following things that I read in this thread.
  • enable iGPU and disable again
  • Changed nvidiaweb from true to yes
  • Download and install the latest lilu.kext
  • Update NvidiaGraphicsFixup BINGO!
Ok, now I have video I can work on getting my sound back ;)

Just updated to High Sierra, did everything I saw in the guide but got a black screen. I have a GTX 960. I found a fix so thought I would share what worked and what did not work for me.

Luckily I own Apple Remote Desktop and an old iMac. While there is indeed a black screen I can remote control from my iMac and tinker with the machine. I tried the following things that I read in this thread.
  • enable iGPU and disable again
  • Changed nvidiaweb from true to yes
  • Download and install the latest lilu.kext
  • Update NvidiaGraphicsFixup BINGO!
Ok, now I have video I can work on getting my sound back ;)

i have the same.. will test your solution..

verdict: the same, just blackscreen with working mouse...
working remote control. any ideas? computer its connected to display over displayport

Last edited:
I only have full HD instead of 4k i think.
About my mac --> system report --> graphics and display says "1920x1080 (60Hz)" but About my mac --> displays says 4K.
I have only installed the Nvidia Webdrivers and not CUDA. Wenn i change the resolution with "Alt" then everything gets very small and i find 4K everywhere.
So i think i really only have Full HD and the Scaling doesnt work properly. How can i find this out?

Cheers

Install went fine, no errors. Loading bar on reboot seems to be stuck, but it 'just' takes ages I'd say about 3mins, then the system boots and everything works fine.

So I'm not sure whats going on here.
I upgraded to High Sierra without using APFS using this guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...n-high-sierra-update-or-fresh-install.232855/

After that, I used Stork's guide to install the graphic drivers.
Now, after each reboot, the computer works better than ever and then slowly deteriorates. The screen looks like it does in the screenshot below(in various areas) and some apps stop responding. Some apps and the overall OS still function as they should.
Any idea whats wrong?? I attached my config.plist because I have a feeling that its something to do with that.
I should note that the screen started doing this before the graphics drivers were installed but not that extremely(probably because I rebooted a couple times).
Thanks a million in advance!

for everyone with Nvidia GTX 650/660 card there is still problem with glitched screen https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/no-video-acceleration-graphics-intel-hd4600.226276/page-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back