Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So nobody has tearing or flickering then??
I've reported that the system-sleep tearing on 1060s appears present and possibly worse on High Sierra with the new web drivers, at least that is my experience on my system. This issue affects the system after it goes to system sleep (not display sleep) on 1060s and some folks can resolve it with display-sleeping while others appear to need to reboot. On my system it's worse because after sleep both monitors flicker and tear and on the one time I tried it I lost the mouse cursor completely on the second monitor requiring a reboot.

I totally agree, I also did no SIP "fiddling" whatsoever. Just completely undid the Sierra 10.12.6 web driver workaround also ensuring that AppleGraphicsControl.kext was the correct version for High Sierra 10.13, which is 3.16.19, and then did the usual web driver install thingy that applies to the 17.1 system definition I am using. as I memtioned "no problematic problems" whatsoever encountered.
Hi, I am using very similar set up as yours. Did you have issues when updating to high sierra from sierra? I might perform a clean install if I cant get it to work tonight. Also, was there any issues when trying to install web driver in high sierra? :) I could use some opinions.
THank you

Code:
cd /Volumes/yourHSdiskname/System/Library/Extensions/
rm -R GeF*.*
cd /Volumes/yourHSdiskname/Library/Extensions/
rm -R GeF*.* NVIDA*.*
cd /Volumes/yourHSdiskname/
sudo touch /Library/Extensions/ /System/Library/Extensions/

Greetings everyone,

I might be mistaken as I m no expert but I have a feeling that the “NVIDA” part of the above command should be NVDA.
I tried deleting my web drivers and there were no NVIDA related files in my L/E. Instead there were 8 NVDA files.

Hope that helps

Regards G

I've reported that the system-sleep tearing on 1060s appears present and possibly worse on High Sierra with the new web drivers, at least that is my experience on my system. This issue affects the system after it goes to system sleep (not display sleep) on 1060s and some folks can resolve it with display-sleeping while others appear to need to reboot. On my system it's worse because after sleep both monitors flicker and tear and on the one time I tried it I lost the mouse cursor completely on the second monitor requiring a reboot.
Mine flickers and tears right from boot.. I will try display sleeping and see if I get results but for now I'm using 10.12. I'll also keep my 10.13 partition in case of update or progress on this issue

EDIT- Machine sleep and display sleep have no effect on the issue

Last edited:
...I might be mistaken as I m no expert but I have a feeling that the “NVIDA” part of the above command should be NVDA.
I tried deleting my web drivers and there were no NVIDA related files in my L/E. Instead there were 8 NVDA files...
Thank you. I corrected my typo in Post #2.

I fought a hard battle. At the end I discovered that one of my hard drives containing previous OSX interfere with HS

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 7.34.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 7.34.20 PM.png
    923.2 KB · Views: 344
Do we have any working Z87 + GTX970 installs as yet? If so what was the method you used please and from which macOS install method? Upgrade or clean?

This driver issue is holding me off upgrading to HS, I'm ready to go but I need a confirmed, reliably repeatable procedure for my video driver. A guaranteed working video driver is a somewhat critical keystone of a solid machine.

Good luck everyone.

Attachments

• Cuda9.0.197.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 268
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back