Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The web drivers are specific to a OS X release. That will imply your existing drivers will not work if when a High Sierra update is released and your system should then revert to the standard drivers. How did you disable the web drivers? Will need more information about your configuration to venture a guess as to what is going wrong...

I tried disabling the web drivers with the nv_disable=1 flag. If I disable the web drivers, they the desktop does not appear using the standard unaccelarated EFI drivers - I only see an endlessly spinning circle in the middle of the screen. This will cause problems when there is a High Sierra update (and I need to first boot without the nvidia drivers after the update).

no problem here ? .. just install and ad repairs ex . then it runs . 1060 6gb . evga

I upgraded to high sierra without any precautions on two of my hacks. Web Drivers were installed with an error prompt (I choose 'Continue'). Everything just works fine, BUT: I can only boot with drivers enabled - if I disable the webdrivers, I only see an endless spinning ball on boot and I can't get to desktop. This means that I can't boot without webdrivers, which will cause problems on the next update. I don't have Lilu, Fixup or LibValFix installed.

Any ideas? :)

Out of interest, if you disable webdrivers and boot in verbose mode, where does it seem to be getting stuck?

I'd like to confirm with others - maybe You have unusual GT 1030:
- On Sierra - everything fine - just small top bar glitches (smbios 14.2).
- On High Sierra - clean install - something is slowing down kexts - OpenGL extension viewer app is showing (at 0,5s) 400fps then slows down to 30 fps.
Overal experience is that my card is recognized but working at slow speed.
Any Ideas what to check? Another SMBios or AGPD fix?
On your Sierra setup did you have to install a particular kext to have it recognize the GPU? I've been searching to fix my "No GPU Detected" issue on GT 1030 with no luck.

I just got that error message when installing the update, but after reboot anything was working

I have the problem mentioned here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/high-sierra-direct-update-stuck.232947/

But unlike the others on that thread, it happened to me after I installed the Nvidia Web Drivers on my freshly installed macOS High Sierra (yes, clean installation through usb). During the installation of nvidia drivers I've got advised, like others, by gatekeeper that some modifications were being made to the mac. I allowed the nvidia process in System settings and rebooted. After the reboot the loading bar loaded half way and then the spinning circle appeared, but it started overlapping itself until I wasn't able to tell if it was still spinning or not.

Luckily I have my time machine backup and another hard drive with sierra cloned on it, but I still want to fix this.

I also tried booting through the intel integrated GPU (enabled it from the bios and connected an HDMI cable to the mobo) but the problem persisted. So I tried deleting nvidia web drivers through terminal with the commands that were mentioned a few page before. Still had the problem. Now I am completely stuck and don't know what to do. Hopefully these problems with nvidia drivers will be sorted out asap so we can all enjoy High Sierra without wasting time and having headaches. (I wasted an entire afternoon on it :( )

Thank you in advance,
emanuelediba.

I have the problem mentioned here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/high-sierra-direct-update-stuck.232947/

After the reboot the loading bar loaded half way and then the spinning circle appeared, but it started overlapping itself until I wasn't able to tell if it was still spinning or not.

Thank you in advance,
emanuelediba.

Exactly the same thing I encounter if I disable the web driver using nv_disable=1 - the overlapping spinning circle. If the web drivers are installed, I can't boot without using the default EFI graphics driver any more. If I enable the webdriver, the system boots up just fine with accellerated graphics and everything - this is good, but will cause problems when I try to do a minor upgrade later in High Sierra.

Out of interest, if you disable webdrivers and boot in verbose mode, where does it seem to be getting stuck?

everything loads, then the console is cleared, a block cursor appears at the top right corner and I see the following message:

IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0, lin 0, llk 1,
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

The screen is then periodically cleared and the same message appears over and over again.

Exactly the same thing I encounter if I disable the web driver using nv_disable=1 - the overlapping spinning circle. If the web drivers are installed, I can't boot without using the default EFI graphics driver any more. If I enable the webdriver, the system boots up just fine with accellerated graphics and everything - this is good, but will cause problems when I try to do a minor upgrade later in High Sierra.

Could you give me more details please? I'm currently booting with nv_disable=1.

I would really like to boot into high sierra with accelerated grapichs.

Note: There are some problems installing the initial Nvidia drivers (378.10.10.10.15.114) for High Sierra (HS). This was my solution to the kext install error and resulting black screen. In my initial HS installation, I did not add any other graphics kexts (e.g. Lilu.kext, Shiki.kext, NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext, etc).

I am testing High Sierra on my Gene system with a NVMe and (temporary) a GTX 1060. HS was easy to install (over a GM installation), but when I went to install the Nvidia drivers...well, I experience the problems you all have had. So, benefiting from your efforts, I successfully installed the drivers doing the following:

:ch: Mount the HS drive's EFI partition and change the SIP setting (CsrActiveConfig) from MultiBeast's default 0x3 to 0x0 which turns on SIP and save;

:ch: Make sure that the Security and Privacy System Preference pane General tab setting for "Allow apps downloaded from:" is set to "App Store and identified developers";

:ch: Reboot;

:ch: Once back to the Desktop, open the Security and Privacy System Preference pane and make sure the General tab is showing;

:ch: Start the Nividia install process;

:ch: During the installation, a window with a message like "The [...] kext is not signed and, in the Security and Privacy System Preference pane, you can approve its installation" (or something like that);

:ch: Once you approved the installation of that kext, the installer will complete and ask to your click on the "Restart" button...Don't do it yet;

:ch: In the Terminal, "touch" the two major kext directories:
Code:
sudo touch /Library/Extensions/ /System/Library/Extensions/

:ch: Now, mount the EFI partition and change the SIP (CsrActiveConfig) setting back to 0x3 and NvidiaWeb setting to "true";

:ch: Reboot;

:ch: The update "breaks" audio, so download and run toleda's audio_cloverALC-130.sh script from: GitHub - toleda/audio_CloverALC: OS X Realtek ALC onboard audio with Clover;

:ch: Reboot again.

You should be good to go! :thumbup:

Unfortunately, the GTX 1060 has worst glitching upon wake up from sleep then it did in Sierra. As a result, this problem caused me to reboot since the usual fixes couldn't be tried. :mad:

Holly molly, you´re a genius!!. This worked for me!!. I previously performed all other steps you mentioned, what I did different this time was to perform the sudo touch command, and this seemed to do the trick!. Now my GTX 1080 has full acceleration under High Sierra, thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back