Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To de
Ok things have gone wrong:

I did install the Nvidia web drives and ignored any errors
My machine boots to the "black screen".
I did not enable screen sharing before I started.
I do have a real mac and can see the "disk share" of the Hackintosh on the network.
I do have a bootable Sierra clone from before the upgrade, but when I boot from it, my Samsung NVMe 10.13 drive doesn't show up.
I can also boot into the 10.13 Recovery Partition.

I'd like to delete the web drivers to revert to "standard" graphics.

I can see the 10.13 NVMe drive s/l/e and l/e on the Hack via a "disk share" on my MBP, but can't delete "NVDA*Web*.kext" etc. Because I don't have the required permissions.

What steps can I take to delete the web drivers given my current status?

Please and Thanks in Advance.
To delete webdrivers folow these steps,

- Start in Single User Mode from clover menu by pressing the spacebar on selecting target Partition.
- Mount the root foolder (/sbin/mount -uw /)
- Delete caches
- - rm -Rf /System/Library/Caches/*
- - rm -Rf /Library/Caches/*
- Delete NVIDIA Web Drivers
- - rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/*Web.bundle
- - rm -Rf /Library/Extensions/*Web.kext
- Reboot, at this time, use the param nv_disable=1
- Install the WebDrivers, ignore error.
- Reboot

Your computer will reboot first time, 2nd time it will boot in to High sierra without graphics acceleration.

To de

To delete webdrivers folow these steps,

- Start in Single User Mode from clover menu by pressing the spacebar on selecting target Partition.
- Mount the root foolder (/sbin/mount -uw /)
- Delete caches
- - rm -Rf /System/Library/Caches/*
- - rm -Rf /Library/Caches/*
- Delete NVIDIA Web Drivers
- - rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/*Web.bundle
- - rm -Rf /Library/Extensions/*Web.kext
- Reboot, at this time, use the param nv_disable=1
- Install the WebDrivers, ignore error.
- Reboot

Your computer will reboot first time, 2nd time it will boot in to High sierra without graphics acceleration.

Thanks for you help and patience.

Deleted Web Drivers as per your instructions.

Finally able to boot into 10.13 without graphics acceleration.

On to the next step...

Last edited:
updated to high sierra just now, I only followed this tread:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/
It works just fine, did get the error message when installing nvidia drivers tho but just ignored it and continue the setup, but still works fine :D
Im not using neither of these kexts "lilu.kext, NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext or NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext" and all works

im using smbios iMac 18,3 with the gtx 1070 and i7-7700K, so it seems like you dont need the kext fix when using 18,3 smbios, but dont know with the other smbios settings

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 15.06.14.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 15.06.14.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 464
Last edited:
I upgraded to high sierra without any precautions on two of my hacks. Web Drivers were installed with an error prompt (I choose 'Continue'). Everything just works fine, BUT: I can only boot with drivers enabled - if I disable the webdrivers, I only see an endless spinning ball on boot and I can't get to desktop. This means that I can't boot without webdrivers, which will cause problems on the next update. I don't have Lilu, Fixup or LibValFix installed.

Any ideas? :)

Thanks for you help and patience.

Deleted Web Drivers as per your instructions.
Rebooted w/ nv_disable=1 as arg in Clover options and boot fails w/ this screen.View attachment 281469

Use the -v clover boot argument which will give you an idea of where things may be failing and also check your Clover preboot and boot logs on the EFI partition.

I upgraded to high sierra without any precautions on two of my hacks. Web Drivers were installed with an error prompt (I choose 'Continue'). Everything just works fine, BUT: I can only boot with drivers enabled - if I disable the webdrivers, I only see an endless spinning ball on boot and I can't get to desktop. This means that I can't boot without webdrivers, which will cause problems on the next update. I don't have Lilu, Fixup or LibValFix installed.

Any ideas? :)

The web drivers are specific to a OS X release. That will imply your existing drivers will not work if when a High Sierra update is released and your system should then revert to the standard drivers. How did you disable the web drivers? Will need more information about your configuration to venture a guess as to what is going wrong...

iMac 18,3

That EFI will work on almost any 200 series with Nvidia. I haven't found one it doesn't work with. Some MSI boards you need to replace OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi. But other than that it works fine. You can add SSDTs and what not later but for the most part it works 100. The good thing is, there really isn't any post install. Once you've finished installing Sierra you simply copy the EFI folder onto the EFI partition on the hard drive and boot from there. No fussing around with adding kexts after. I haven't tried adding to an APFS formatted drive, my boot drive is not the same as my High Sierra one.

Thanks. These files are extremely useful, and here are the actual fixes for me:

1. The ignored "nvda_drv=1" boot flag. (SURPRISE!) Without it there will be "NVDAStartupWeb: Official" in verbose logs and graphics is doomed. Just setting NvidiaWeb=true in config.plist IS NOT enough to get it loading ("NVDAStartupWeb: Web"). I don't know why but it just works for me. and I've tested with this single difference to confirm this conclusion.
2. Proper EmuVariableUefi-64.efi. Maybe I have a broken EFI folder before...

And the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi is indeed useful on my MSI B250M Mortar mobo. All other 3 equivalent EFI drivers refuse to boot with SIP enabled (though no need to enable it here).

And for those who still can not get their cards to work, pay attention to the "NVDAStartupWeb: xxxx" line in verbose boot log. If it's "Official", the web driver is not loading at all, and action is required to load the driver so it becomes "Web".

I just woke up. Has Nvidia released a new driver yet. XD

Thanks. These files are extremely useful, and here are the actual fixes for me:

1. The ignored "nvda_drv=1" boot flag. (SURPRISE!) Without it there will be "NVDAStartupWeb: Official" in verbose logs and graphics is doomed. Just setting NvidiaWeb=true in config.plist IS NOT enough to get it loading ("NVDAStartupWeb: Web"). I don't know why but it just works for me. and I've tested with this single difference to confirm this conclusion.
2. Proper EmuVariableUefi-64.efi. Maybe I have a broken EFI folder before...

And the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi is indeed useful on my MSI B250M Mortar mobo. All other 3 equivalent EFI drivers refuse to boot with SIP enabled (though no need to enable it here).

And for those who still can not get their cards to work, pay attention to the "NVDAStartupWeb: xxxx" line in verbose boot log. If it's "Official", the web driver is not loading at all, and action is required to load the driver so it becomes "Web".

This is interesting, so nvda_drv=1 is not actually ignored as the instructions in the OP said?. And I do always see this NVDAStartupWeb: Official appearing in the verbose output...gonna try that flag.

I did a quick search of this thread and didn't find anything. I had many problems including black screen.. but at one point I finally did reach accelerated desktop only to have windows tearing and flickering.. anybody else? Gtx 1050ti 4gb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back