Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's reasonable to expect nVidia to fix an issue only experienced by Hackintosh owners.

No, it's OSX-wide. Same goes for a Mac Pro running a GTX 1060.

Try smbios 14,2 and unedited apple graphics kext. I have a 4790k and only enabled sip and installed web driver, and it works. I dont have lilu or anything like that.

Yes I see "you don't have anything like that" not even a motherboard nor GPU, judging by your signature.
Well done indeed. Seems to be the most cost effective option around. A "working" hack with no components.
Must really try that as well. :)

No, it's OSX-wide. Same goes for a Mac Pro running a GTX 1060.

So is confirmed this happens as well with Macs and GTX cards? Then is something definitely Nvidia should fix , as this driver is a mess.

Well there are different factors involved. I posted an EFI a couple posts back. I bet if you;

Note if you do not have a 200 series motherboard, remove the 200 series injector kext from the EFI before getting started.

Wipe a USB stick 8GB or greater

Format it GUID OSX Journaled

Use the createinstallmedia command to turn the HighSierra install app into a USB installer.

Then install the latest Clover to that USB stick.

Selecting only the top two UEFI options only

Then copying that EFI I posted onto the EFI partition of your newly created vanilla installer REPLACING what is there.

It will boot you through the install of High Sierra and you will be able to install the web drivers.

My Mobo is an ASUS Maximus IX Hero with Z270 chipset, so is a 200 series one. Tried almost the same things as in your EFI (same kexts in Clover, same UEFI64 efi drivers, same other clover parameters), and still the same issue, it just restarts after attempting to load the graphic driver. Something is very wrong with this driver, as installing a vanilla HS is a breeze with no issues in my machine (I have installed it 6 times now, no issues to reach installer or anything). Just the Nvidia web driver break things apart badly and PC is not able to boot macOS at all. Really some fix should be released by Nvidia as I´m reading this is also happening on Mac Pros with GTX cards.

Last edited:
But why would a Mac Pro be running with SIP disabled? Is that a large enough of a market share for nVidia to notice?
I doubt SIP has much to do in this issue, as in this thread I read a lot of people installed with SIP disabled, then others with SIP enabled, so is not clear really what SIP should be at the end, many different ways done and seems like random successes. I already tried with both SIP enabled and SIP disabled from fresh installs , and is not working for me.

you just need to enable SIP when install the web driver, after you installed, do what ever you want to disable sip.

Your mobo is very interesting, let me know where you bought it from, want to get one for myself as well.

My Mobo is an ASUS Maximus IX Hero with Z270 chipset, so is a 200 series one. Tried almost the same things as in your EFI (same kexts in Clover, same UEFI64 efi drivers, same other clover parameters), and still the same issue, it just restarts after attempting to load the graphic driver. Something is very wrong with this driver, as installing a vanilla HS is a breeze with no issues in my machine (I have installed it 6 times now, no issues to reach installer or anything). Just the Nvidia web driver break things apart badly and PC is not able to boot macOS at all. Really some fix should be released by Nvidia as I´m reading this is also happening on Mac Pros with GTX cards.

Yes, I just read that about the Mac Pros. Nice motherboard BTW. I was thinking about getting that model at one point.

Bad idea enabling SIP. SIP needs to be disabled at all times on a Hackintosh. (CsrActiveConfig 0x67).

I totally agree, I also did no SIP "fiddling" whatsoever. Just completely undid the Sierra 10.12.6 web driver workaround also ensuring that AppleGraphicsControl.kext was the correct version for High Sierra 10.13, which is 3.16.19, and then did the usual web driver install thingy that applies to the 17.1 system definition I am using. as I memtioned "no problematic problems" whatsoever encountered.

I installed the latest Nvidia web drivers via control panel without issues on both my systems.

1. HP Elite 8300 with OEM Dell GTX 745.
2. Asus Maxiumus VIII Gene with Gigabyte GTX 1080.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back