Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me the NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext does not work at all. Once nvidia web driver is installed, my PC just keep restarting after booting, nothing I do get pass that point, nor I can enter the OS (-x doesn´t work, nor disabling Nvidia web flag in Clover, nor nv_disable=1, etc).

My card is a GTX 1080, not sure if anyone here has had success with this card and the Nvidia web drivers released today for High Sierra, my SMBIOS is 18,3 as well (with a i7-7700K CPU). So far, any of the methods described here in this threads have worked for me.
Did u try replacing your High Sierra config. with Sierra 12.6 config?

I also met black screen problem after directly update and install Nvidia web driver.
I don't know what I found is crucial for solving problem or not, but it may help.

I update the high Sierra with process:
1. Update directly from App Store after put apfs.efi in clover
2. Download the nvidia web driver package and execute it. It popped up and said met problem but I continued
3. Restart, and blackscreen happened

I tried with these operation:

1. Remember to remove iMac.kext if you had it in your clover kext folder for shiki.kext, I found it was main problem cause I met, for I put back reproduce the problem
2. CsrActiveconfig may need to changed to 0x0 to load driver
3. I originally had the NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext in my clover kext folder, but I now didn't put it and the high Sierra could be successfully load

Not directly related to the web drivers, but for those with multiple nvidia cards having issues installing/upgrading-to high sierra, remove any extra cards you have to leave only one during the installation/upgrade process.

With multiple cards the macos installer keeps getting stuck when spawning the windowserver (you'll get a repeat of this over and over - com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.windowserver) <notice>: service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds).

Once high sierra and the nvidia webdriver are installed, you can pile the extra cards back into the system without issue.

Hi,

I'm receiving this issue too, but I only have a single graphics card. Any chance you can help? I'm not injecting nvidia in Clover, and I've tried with nv_disable=1 and unchecking Use NvidiaWeb in Clover.

Thanks!

Well there are different factors involved. I posted an EFI a couple posts back. I bet if you;

Note if you do not have a 200 series motherboard, remove the 200 series injector kext from the EFI before getting started.

Wipe a USB stick 8GB or greater

Format it GUID OSX Journaled

Use the createinstallmedia command to turn the HighSierra install app into a USB installer.

Then install the latest Clover to that USB stick.

Selecting only the top two UEFI options only

Then copying that EFI I posted onto the EFI partition of your newly created vanilla installer REPLACING what is there.

It will boot you through the install of High Sierra and you will be able to install the web drivers.

Trying this now exactly as above - I'm getting into Clover and trying to install, but then it hangs at the "legacy shim 2" line, then the screen gets garbled and a 'no entry' symbol appears. Not sure if it's a USB issue or Nvidia.

Weird thing is that I got everything installed and running earlier today, before losing it all at the web drivers step.

I think your files might help me, but I'm thinking I have to get it all installed first, either by disabling some of your kexts or rebuilding the installer USB again with only the bare essentials.

ok got it working :)
I had to put NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext on clover kext/others and used sudo touch /Library/Extensions/ /System/Library/Extensions/ after install drivers(booted with SIP activated for the Nvidia drivers install) gatekeeper asked me for permission and done.
My problem now is I can't use 10bits color, if I change it to 10bits with SwitchResX it goes black screen.
Any work around?

i disabled NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext after and it still works.

OMG!!!! It Works!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!

ok got it working :)
I had to put NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext on clover kext/others and used sudo touch /Library/Extensions/ /System/Library/Extensions/ after install drivers(booted with SIP activated for the Nvidia drivers install) gatekeeper asked me for permission and done.
My problem now is I can't use 10bits color, if I change it to 10bits with SwitchResX it goes black screen.
Any work around?

i disabled NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext after and it still works.

So not clear what your steps were. You put NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext in clover kext/others, then you installed the web drivers, then (without restarting after immediately installing drivers) you performed the sudo touch thing, then you restarted and then you removed the NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext from clover kext/others?

What steps you performed?

Clean install, put NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext on clover kext/others and gatekeeper enabled (never asked me for permission) and done and get to keep my 14,2 plist. Also works even when gatekeeper disabled.

What steps you performed?

I would suggest just for the first time. Place NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext into Clover on USB, after it gets installed and working. Disable gatekeeper and install clover on to the hard drive and put NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext into the kext folder but this is only on GTX 960

Trying this now exactly as above - I'm getting into Clover and trying to install, but then it hangs at the "legacy shim 2" line, then the screen gets garbled and a 'no entry' symbol appears. Not sure if it's a USB issue or Nvidia.

Weird thing is that I got everything installed and running earlier today, before losing it all at the web drivers step.

I think your files might help me, but I'm thinking I have to get it all installed first, either by disabling some of your kexts or rebuilding the installer USB again with only the bare essentials.

What motherboard do you have? Try the USB stick in a USB 2.0 port. It is definitely something with USB. It had a problem on 1 board and High Sierra, a Tuf z270 mark 1, but MSI, Other Asus 200s and gigabytes, it worked fine. And the z270 Mark 1 worked with it for Sierra. You could try this config.plist. Is is the same cept it has dropped tables. And of course, the BIOS settings.

Some BIOS Settings

—————————————

XHCI ENABLED

CSM OFF/DISABLED

Secure Boot Disabled / Other OS

VT-d Either way dart=0 is in the config.plist

SATA Controller Mode AHCI

Primary Graphics PEG or EGPU no IGPU

Control Lock Disabled

Serial Port Disabled

Super I/O Disabled (found mostly on Gigabyte boards)

Attachments

• config_withdrop.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back