Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a joke, I have done every way and nothing works

Okay. Make sure though that your config.plist is set to inject kexts. That NvidiaWeb is enabled and nv_disable is not on. (Same as with Sierra).

I have almost the exact same hardware setup as you, and have been wrestling with this all day. Which system definition are you using? Any chance you could upload you EFI folder?

I have almost the exact same hardware setup as you, and have been wrestling with this all day. Which system definition are you using? Any chance you could upload you EFI folder?

iMac 18,3

That EFI will work on almost any 200 series with Nvidia. I haven't found one it doesn't work with. Some MSI boards you need to replace OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi. But other than that it works fine. You can add SSDTs and what not later but for the most part it works 100. The good thing is, there really isn't any post install. Once you've finished installing Sierra you simply copy the EFI folder onto the EFI partition on the hard drive and boot from there. No fussing around with adding kexts after. I haven't tried adding to an APFS formatted drive, my boot drive is not the same as my High Sierra one.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 198
Last edited:
ok got it working :)
I had to put NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext on clover kext/others and used sudo touch /Library/Extensions/ /System/Library/Extensions/ after install drivers(booted with SIP activated for the Nvidia drivers install) gatekeeper asked me for permission and done.
My problem now is I can't use 10bits color, if I change it to 10bits with SwitchResX it goes black screen.
Any work around?

i disabled NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext after and it still works.

Tell me your way, I have the same card

This is a joke, I have done every way and nothing works

Yep, nothing works. Seems everyone has a different method (SIP enabled, not enabled) and different order of installing kexts or using /not using AGDP fix, etc, etc. This is a mess.

I had no issues with a GTX 970, iMac15,1 using Lili.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext.

Are you getting the wake from sleep screen issues like aol?
After updating and not able to boot what i did was after updating clover, installing High sierra and installing Nvida web driver i replaced my backup config file that i had from Sierra 12.6 and got it to boot high sierra.

iMac 18,3

For me the NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext does not work at all. Once nvidia web driver is installed, my PC just keep restarting after booting, nothing I do get pass that point, nor I can enter the OS (-x doesn´t work, nor disabling Nvidia web flag in Clover, nor nv_disable=1, etc).

My card is a GTX 1080, not sure if anyone here has had success with this card and the Nvidia web drivers released today for High Sierra, my SMBIOS is 18,3 as well (with a i7-7700K CPU). So far, any of the methods described here in this threads have worked for me.

I'm completely stuck.
Followed instructions from tonymacx86.com to "Update Directly to High Sierra"
Updated the Nvidia Web drivers without changing my SIP setting (not sure what they were)
Computer now boots to a black screen.
Tried "nv-disable=1" boot option in Clover and can't seem to get past the black screen.

Thoughts? Step by step directions are sorely needed.

Please and Thanks.

For me the NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext does not work at all. Once nvidia web driver is installed, my PC just keep restarting after booting, nothing I do get pass that point, nor I can enter the OS (-x doesn´t work, nor disabling Nvidia web flag in Clover, nor nv_disable=1, etc).

My card is a GTX 1080, not sure if anyone here has had success with this card and the Nvidia web drivers released today for High Sierra, my SMBIOS is 18,3 as well (with a i7-7700K CPU). So far, any of the methods described here in this threads have worked for me.

Well there are different factors involved. I posted an EFI a couple posts back. I bet if you;

Note if you do not have a 200 series motherboard, remove the 200 series injector kext from the EFI before getting started.

Wipe a USB stick 8GB or greater

Format it GUID OSX Journaled

Use the createinstallmedia command to turn the HighSierra install app into a USB installer.

Then install the latest Clover to that USB stick.

Selecting only the top two UEFI options only

Then copying that EFI I posted onto the EFI partition of your newly created vanilla installer REPLACING what is there.

It will boot you through the install of High Sierra and you will be able to install the web drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back