Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
can i update from sierra to high sierra or a fresh install

my specs are :

i7 2600k
gtx 570 asus
8 gb of ram
mobo msi p67a-gd55
500 gb hdd

i don't know if my Gtx 570 is compatible with high sierra or not

WORKING! For anyone having issues (cause has been found).

1. Install the NVIDIA web drivers
2. Download the latest Lilu.kext @ https://github.com/vit9696/Lilu/releases
3. Place kext in EFI/others.

Reboot and enjoy :)
This is what save me from disaster. Thank you so much.

I upgraded from 10.12.6 to 10.13.0 directly from AppStore following https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/. It initially got me stuck at Apple logo and then I restarted and it got me through with basic acceleration.
I then installed the nvidia web driver and I got blank screen. It turns out I missed the step to update latest Lilu.kext.
Once I update Lilu.kext, it immediately worked.

Acer predator G3 with GTX 1060 6 GB working after Mac os high sierra update.

I am pretty sure 18,2 allows for Nvidia. So you do not need the NvidiaGraphicsFixUp / Lilu or AGDP patch to make it load, so try just injecting or installing NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext see if you get past the black screen.

With iMac 17,1 15,1 Mac Pro 6,1 (and possibly others) it will not allow Nvidia to load and give a black screen unless you use NvidiaGraphicsFixUp / Lilu or AGDP patch.

So in some cases on here, like me, my black screen was only related to NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext. Oh make sure to enable Nvidia Web in the config.plist( I use SMBIOS 18,3).

But reading through the entire thread again, it seems like there are many factors involved. I hope it works for you.

Thanks, correction, I use iMac18,3 as well, I just checked in my SMBIOS. This was working perfectly correct in Sierra with previous Nvidia web driver, so not sure what can be the issue now.
So, I did a 2nd clean install now and HS is working, with no acceleration. What are the specific steps I should follow from here?. You have to install first NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext with kextbeast and then install Nvidia web driver (and no matter if SIP is enable or disabled, etc)?.

There have been a lot of confusion with SIP around here, some people succeded with SIP enabled, others seems that SIP disabled worked fine, so SIP seems to be not a determinant here on success of web driver installation, with so many versions around SIP here.

Thanks, correction, I use iMac18,3 as well, I just checked in my SMBIOS. This was working perfectly correct in Sierra with previous Nvidia web driver, so not sure what can be the issue now.
So, I did a 2nd clean install now and HS is working, with no acceleration. What are the specific steps I should follow from here?. You have to install first NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext with kextbeast and then install Nvidia web driver (and no matter if SIP is enable or disabled, etc)?.

There have been a lot of confusion with SIP around here, some people succeded with SIP enabled, others seems that SIP disabled worked fine, so SIP seems to be not a determinant here on success of web driver installation, with so many versions around SIP here.

Ok here is the deal. I did not enable SIP when I installed the Web Driver. According to others this corrupted something. Even after installing it again with SIP enabled. I found I needed NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext to fix this. My EFI and everything is exactly the same as 100 percent working on Sierra except I now inject NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext.

Supposedly, if you ENABLE SIP just once the first time you install the web driver then give it permission when the GateKeeper Security pops up, and reboot with SIP DISABLED, you will be good to go without anything else (other than what is required for Sierra).

AS far as Kext Beast I never install unsigned kexts into the system. Just inject through Clover. Place them in EFI>EFI>Clover>kexts>other if UEFI and EFI>Clover>Kexts>Other if legacy.

I am a vanilla user, you could take my drive remove the EFI and pop it in a real mac and it wouldn't know the difference. Just like I can take a drive from a real mac, install Clover on it, drop in my EFI and have it booting on my hack with everything working.

So there are some differences between our set ups. Just drop in NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext and see if it works for you.

Ok here is the deal. I did not enable SIP when I installed the Web Driver. According to others this corrupted something. Even after installing it again with SIP enabled. I found I needed NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext to fix this. My EFI and everything is exactly the same as 100 percent working on Sierra except I now inject NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext.

Supposedly, if you ENABLE SIP just once the first time you install the web driver then give it permission when the GateKeeper Security pops up, and reboot with SIP DISABLED, you will be good to go without anything else (other than what is required for Sierra).

AS far as Kext Beast I never install unsigned kexts into the system. Just inject through Clover. Place them in EFI>EFI>Clover>kexts>other if UEFI and EFI>Clover>Kexts>Other if legacy.

I am a vanilla user, you could take my drive remove the EFI and pop it in a real mac and it wouldn't know the difference. Just like I can take a drive from a real mac, install Clover on it, drop in my EFI and have it booting on my hack with everything working.

So there are some differences between our set ups. Just drop in NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext and see if it works for you.

All right, will try to enable SIP before installing Nvidia web driver. My symptom differs as this time my computer just restarts each time it attempts to load (no black screen, it just reboots after the gIOScreenLock 3 message) and it already had the NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext in EFI-kext-Other , and -x does not works to enter safe boot, so I´ll have to reinstall HS again and retry.

All right, will try to enable SIP before installing Nvidia web driver. My symptom differs as this time my computer just restarts each time it attempts to load (no black screen, it just reboots after the gIOScreenLock 3 message) and it already had the NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext in EFI-kext-Other , and -x does not works to enter safe boot, so I´ll have to reinstall HS again and retry.

Okay. Make sure though that your config.plist is set to inject kexts. That NvidiaWeb is enabled and nv_disable is not on. (Same as with Sierra).

Okay. Make sure though that your config.plist is set to inject kexts. That NvidiaWeb is enabled and nv_disable is not on. (Same as with Sierra).

No luck, still restarting in each boot, cycling the gIOScreenLockState 3 message

ok got it working :)
I had to put NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext on clover kext/others and used sudo touch /Library/Extensions/ /System/Library/Extensions/ after install drivers(booted with SIP activated for the Nvidia drivers install) gatekeeper asked me for permission and done.
My problem now is I can't use 10bits color, if I change it to 10bits with SwitchResX it goes black screen.
Any work around?

i disabled NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext after and it still works.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back