Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not have to change SIP settings. I just tested on 9 Series with iMac 14,2 smbios

I updated through the NVIDIA Driver Manager-
View attachment 281243

the installer complained with this but i ignored.
View attachment 281242

I then opened terminal and made sure the system recached:

Code:
sudo touch /Library/Extensions/ /System/Library/Extensions/

Reboot was ok. Confirmed NV drivers are loaded. nvram is working on 9 series by default for driver flag. One interesting thing is as of High Sierra the NVIDIA Installer copies kext files to /Library/Extensions/ and the .bundle files to /System/Library/Extensions/.

I do not know what to say then. If you go through this entire thread, after NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext was introduced as a "fix". Other users who were only able to get it working with this, said they did a fresh install but the only thing they did different this time around was enabled SIP during the install of the Web Driver. And then NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext was no longer needed. Perhaps different cards, kexts version??? IDK.

Last edited:
Finally GTX series working correctly on 10.13

I did:

1. NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext should be in /Library/Extensions (Install using Kext Utility)
  2. Lilu.kext & NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext in Clover/kexts/Other/ or .../10.13
  3. apfs.efi & OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi & EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in Clover/drivers64UEFI/
  4. NvidiaWeb selected under Clover Configurator -> System Parameters
  5. Used Clover Configurator to have iMac15,1 SMBIOS
  6. CSRActiveConfig was 0x67
  7. Installed Nvidia Web Driver and ignored the error.

Reboot.
2xKMJ.png

Attachments

• Nvidia_Files.zip
    662.7 KB · Views: 151
NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext

I definitely needed that. I tried rebooting without it and it failed. With it works.

On a side note, what is interesting is all this SIP talk.

I had my SIP disabled initially, through the installation, on reboot, and still is without any problems.

Last edited:
Thanks, I created a High Sierra USB installer and saw the option to restore image using Time Machine, so I´m using it to try to go back to my previous Sierra installation. After that I will try to resintall HS again , but now this time I´ll enable SIP and throw the NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext into kext/others in EFI/Clover and see if that does the trick before installing the NVidia Driver.
Should I use both (enable SIP with 0x00 and using NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext) or is just one or the other?

I did not add the NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext until after the driver was installed.

But, according to other posters on this thread, who did a fresh install after NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext fixed their problem, They said, if you enable SIP the very first time you install the Web drivers, then NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext is no longer needed.

Right, but apparently, according to the other posts, you boot with SIP enabled, install the web drivers, then reboot with SIP disabled. Any time I tried to install the Webdrivers with SIP disabled, there was a warning about it not installing properly. Whenever I installed it with SIP enabled, there wasn't any warning but GATEKEEPER Security popped up. And I could choose to allow the extension or whatever.

Enabling SIP didn't stop anything else from working for that boot, I literally inject all unsigned kexts through Clover. I never put anything in the System. I am one of those vanilla users. XD
It is cleaner that way. Had the error/warning the first install, but then never got gatekeeper prompt through several reinstall to blank screen cycles, at least once with SIP fully enabled. Not sure if that was the silver bullet though.

I did not add the NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext until after the driver was installed.

But, according to other posters on this thread, who did a fresh install after NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext fixed their problem, They said, if you enable SIP the very first time you install the Web drivers, then NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext is no longer needed.

My SMBIOS has an iMac 18,2, as is a Kaby Lake i7 7700K, shall this work with this fix or I have to change definition?

I'm seeing some discussion of a need to enable SIP so that the nVidia web drivers can install. But won't enabling SIP prevent other non-Apple kexts from loading? Does SIP only have to be enabled during the nVidia driver installation, or does it need to be on for the drivers to load at every boot?

If there's a clear solution to what needs to be done with SIP, it would be helpful for it to be added to the original post up above.

I'm seeing some discussion of a need to enable SIP so that the nVidia web drivers can install. But won't enabling SIP prevent other non-Apple kexts from loading? Does SIP only have to be enabled during the nVidia driver installation, or does it need to be on for the drivers to load at every boot?

If there's a clear solution to what needs to be done with SIP, it would be helpful for it to be added to the original post up above.

1. Enable SIP
2. Reboot
3. Install WebDrivers
4. Disable SIP
5. Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back