Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure I understand. I installed HS onto a blank drive using a USB installer.

I used the Clover UEFI I had been using for Sierra. All kexts loading through EFI>EFI>Clover>Kexts>other

I enabled SIP and installed the NVIDIA drivers, then gave it permission in gatekeeper. I got the black screen on reboot. I tried adding Lilu and NvididaGraphicsFixup (although i knew better) and changing the config.plist.

I went back to my original configuration and turned SIP back OFF. Then at the last minute I added NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext to EFI>EFI>Clover>Kexts>other and it worked.

Someone on another forum suggested adding it but the reply to him was negative so I skipped it. Too bad. This would have been solved hours ago.

this worked for me on a clean install thank you

I can confirm this worked for me! Just installing NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext with Kext Wizard (or any other kext tool). Then installed Nvidia drivers which gave me an error (no matter). Then i enabled Nvidia Web Driver on Clover and that's it!

Thank you very much!
does it requires AGDPfix patch?

This worked for me
-I updated clover used the following settings for sip 0x28 0x67
-updated to 10.13
-added clover new commands for loading nvidia driver
1. Mount EFI Partition
2. Open /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with text edit, Xcode, or Plist Editor Pro
3. Edit as shown below:

Code (Text):
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>YES</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
</dict>

4. Remove Boot/Arguments/nvda_drv=1 if necessary
5. Save and reboot

-boom everything worked fine

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 12.42.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 12.42.42 PM.png
    108.2 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
In order to confirm my assumption about this bug, I just reinstalled a clean High Sierra.

After I installed HS, I use clover to totally enable CSR settings(without checking any CSR option in boot parameters), and of course I booted with -nv_disable=1, but no -x option. so at this specific time, I'm booting with CSR enabled and only `-nv_disable=1 -kext-dev-mode=1` as boot option.

then install the webdriver, there would be no error, just need to allow the gatekeeper to run the nvidia extension, and I allowed it, then I can open NVIDIA Driver Manager preference without any problem.

finally, just boot with desired CSR setting and enable nvidia web driver in clover. now I have a fully functional 970.

Last edited:
In order to confirm my assumption about this bug, I just reinstalled a clean High Sierra.

After I installed HS, I use clover to totally enable CSR settings(without checking any CSR option in boot parameters), and of curse I booted with -nv_disable=1, but no -x option. so at this specific time, I'm booting with CSR enabled and only `-nv_disable=1 -kext-dev-mode=1` as boot option.

then install the webdriver, there would be no error, just need to allow the gatekeeper to run the nvidia extension, and I allowed it, then I can open NVIDIA Driver Manager preference without any problem.

finally, just boot with desired CSR setting and enable nvidia web driver in clover. now I have a fully functional 970.

Awesome! Can you also confirm if you are using NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext or not?

Thanks

Works like a boss!!

AmAZINg desktop background! Can you share please?

I will definitely be trying these drivers over the weekend! I didn't think they'd come this fast!

no, I don't have this kext, and iBooks transparent window is gone, iBooks works perfectly. and I didn't use AGDPfix.
Yes, I've heard that kext(NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext)is for something with ibooks, I never had a problem with ibooks on Sierra so I never added it. Strange that it seems to fix it (depending on the situation).

Updated from Sierra to HS then installed the new web drivers :

Capture d’écran 2017-09-27 à 19.07.49.png

I did this before installing the web drivers :

- Removed NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext (iBook is now working fine)
- Removed Lilu + nvidiagraphicsfixup
- keep SIP set to 0x67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back